Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ch1 Wrath and Ruin - Defeat the Zakuul Walker

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Ch1 Wrath and Ruin - Defeat the Zakuul Walker

Protoaloe
07.14.2019 , 01:27 AM | #1
Help, I am stuck in this game not being able to do this and cannot go on, sob..........
OK the Zakuul walker is so clumsy hate to play it. But anyway, when I have to kill that other Zakuul Walker I run/walk up to him and I can get 1/4 point on killing the bastard and get killed myself.

I looked at the walkthrough and that guy killed him with stepping on him non stop but that for me does not even hurt him one mm. I can only hurt him by firing at him and get quite far (also killing small mobs coming along, along the side) but every time I get a tiny biit upon killing that Walker, I die.

This is so frustrating and it looks like it is a bug or something!

To have a thing like this in a game and thereby causing a person that has played for years on this game to come to a dead stop because I cannot go on is sooooo frustrating!!!! I don't know what to do.
HELP

SteveTheCynic
07.14.2019 , 03:09 AM | #2
Periodically, the Zak walker will cast(1) a big attack, and during the cast time there will be a red "path" with fences on the side showing where the attack will go. When this begins, break off what you're doing and move yourself out of the path. Do not hesitate, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 , just move. Even if you're concentrating on flattening the adds, you still have to get out of the way of that attack.

If the stomp isn't working, that means you aren't close enough. The stomp is unusual in that you can do it even if there's nothing in range, just like "Slam" for a Sith Warrior, because it's what's called a "Point Blank Area of Effect" (PBAoE) ability, but you do have to be right up close if you want it to actually work.

Last thing to check: do you take advantage of the repair station just off to the right (as seen looking up the slope at the shrine) before you attack the walker?

(1) Terminology: "cast" = activate an attack that takes time to wind up then delivers a big hit at the end of that time. As opposed to "channel" = activate an attack that takes time to happen, but delivers packets of damage/healing repeatedly during the time.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

HollyUSEC
07.19.2019 , 10:57 AM | #3
You can walk while charging your mega-beam cannon (that's what I'm calling it in this post, anyway), and while doing most of your attacks. Keep moving. Don't stop. Walk, shoot. Walk, shoot. When rocket-launching skytroopers land and charge up their rockets, take them out. One of the cardinal rules of almost any operation boss fight is to kill adds ASAP. It's no different in this one. Also, like Steve said, there's a repair station right near the area where the fight takes place. It looks like a green circle of light. Step into it before you start the fight. Finally I'd suggest using all your attacks, not just stomp. Use your missiles. Use your mega-beam cannon. Use the regular blaster cannon. Use all your attacks. Keep moving around constantly while doing it.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

Kaileha
10.24.2019 , 11:03 AM | #4
Today is isnt even giving you the extra abilities to kill the walker . and how can you have 200k extra health is you only have 117 k health? bug?

SteveTheCynic
10.24.2019 , 12:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaileha View Post
Today is isnt even giving you the extra abilities to kill the walker . and how can you have 200k extra health is you only have 117 k health? bug?
6.0 seems to have bugged all sorts of inside-a-walker fights.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Darklighter
10.25.2019 , 01:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
6.0 seems to have bugged all sorts of inside-a-walker fights.
Yep got to this fight in Ch I of KOTFE today, and it's impossible. Stomp does zero dmg and the adds that spawn and missle you to death fast. It's scaling is definitely broken (I'm lvl 71)

The Force shall free me.

Glenstil
10.25.2019 , 04:37 PM | #7
Same problems. I feel like I am an example of the definition of insanity: Trying the same thing hoping for different results. Periodic breaks to check other character crafters, doing an unrelated quest help. But I am blocked from progression until I kill that damned walker.

DropbearSW
10.25.2019 , 08:29 PM | #8
I am also stuck there on chapter 1 and unable to progress to kill the Zakuul Walker

Darklighter
10.25.2019 , 11:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Glenstil View Post
Same problems. I feel like I am an example of the definition of insanity: Trying the same thing hoping for different results. Periodic breaks to check other character crafters, doing an unrelated quest help. But I am blocked from progression until I kill that damned walker.
Bioware : "Don't worry guys! We'll fix it.....NEXT WEEK!"

The Force shall free me.

Detreyus
10.26.2019 , 04:01 PM | #10
Yeah, the whole walker part of this quest is ****ed. It took me 7 tries just to make it to the Zakuul Walker, and another 4 to beat him. Best advice I can give is to bombard him with both the Fury Mortars, and your walker's basic attack. The stomp no longer works. When he pops his shield, and summons the rocket ******e adds, use a grav mine, pop your 3-second shield, and kill the adds as fast as you can. When I fought him, he only does the shield/add phase twice, so if you make it past the second phase, you should just be able to spam him to death with Fury Mortars, and the basic attack. Hope this helps!