Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consular or Knight- which makes more sense as an older (late 20s) padawan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Consular or Knight- which makes more sense as an older (late 20s) padawan?

BloodForSanta's Avatar


BloodForSanta
11.11.2019 , 03:38 PM | #1
I want to play a jedi class where they were already adults during the attack on Coruscant. Which class fits that better, lorewise?

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
11.11.2019 , 06:03 PM | #2
Neither really, since they come to Coruscant not really knowing anything about the battle of Coruscant.

Also both are considered prodigies so the odds of them still being a padawan in their late 20s is near nil.

That being said, they do not say when the JK joined the order as far as I remember, so you could probably cook up a backstory/head canon where they joined the order late.

The JC is stated as being "stronger in the Force at 6 years old than I was at 16 (Yuon)" so can't do that for them.

So I guess JK?
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.12.2019 , 01:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The JC is stated as being "stronger in the Force at 6 years old than I was at 16 (Yuon)" so can't do that for them.
"stronger in the Force at four years old than I was at fifteen", but yes.

My view is that of the four Force-user classes, the least ill-suited(1) to starting in late 20s is the Inquisitor. It is in no way clear what age the Inq is, especially since he/she was picked up in a new "drive for sheer numbers" (to quote Overseer Tremel) as a Force-sensitive slave.

(1) None of them are really well-suited to it, but "initially late 20s" works OK with Inq. The two Jedi stories are predicated on the character being a prodigy (and therefore young, probably 18-20), as noted, while the Sith Warrior is described in the opening cinematic as being on Korriban "ahead of schedule". To me, that says that the Warrior is also probably on the young end.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
11.12.2019 , 05:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
"stronger in the Force at four years old than I was at fifteen", but yes.

My view is that of the four Force-user classes, the least ill-suited(1) to starting in late 20s is the Inquisitor. It is in no way clear what age the Inq is, especially since he/she was picked up in a new "drive for sheer numbers" (to quote Overseer Tremel) as a Force-sensitive slave.

(1) None of them are really well-suited to it, but "initially late 20s" works OK with Inq. The two Jedi stories are predicated on the character being a prodigy (and therefore young, probably 18-20), as noted, while the Sith Warrior is described in the opening cinematic as being on Korriban "ahead of schedule". To me, that says that the Warrior is also probably on the young end.
Overseer Harkun, Tremel is from the Warrior story, otherwise agreed. From the perspective of the Jedi classes, at least my interpretion of it, the Consular is the younger of the two at the start of the story, but both are implied to be rather young (late teens or early twenties). If you're trying to go for a slightly older character, even one that is in their latter teen years during the Sacking of Coruscant, I think the Knight works best.

Remember that the Sacking of Coruscant takes place 10 years prior to the start of the class story. A character who was 14~16 during the Sacking would be 24~26 when they arrive on Tython. An adult during the Sacking could be in their 30's at the start of the class story.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
11.12.2019 , 06:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Overseer Harkun, Tremel is from the Warrior story, otherwise agreed.
No, the line "a drive for sheer numbers" is definitely Tremel. He says it when discussing Vemrin.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
11.12.2019 , 10:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
No, the line "a drive for sheer numbers" is definitely Tremel. He says it when discussing Vemrin.
Why did he disliked Vemrin again? He looked very human to me and humans are the dominant race in the empire.
But I do not think either the knight or the consular could be adults during the battle of coruscant. That being said you can have 4 other classes that can make sense as being adults back then. Granted only 1 is an force users among them but there is that.

Rebamcfan's Avatar


Rebamcfan
11.12.2019 , 11:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Why did he disliked Vemrin again? He looked very human to me and humans are the dominant race in the empire.
But I do not think either the knight or the consular could be adults during the battle of coruscant. That being said you can have 4 other classes that can make sense as being adults back then. Granted only 1 is an force users among them but there is that.
To quote Tremel "He is of mixed blood." which, at least to me, indicates that he war born from an union of a human and a near-human/ alien (it isnīt specified). It could also be due Vemrin coming from Balmorra which is a world conquered by the Empire, rather than being an integral part of the Empire like Dromund Fels, Ziost etc.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If you liked what I posted, feel free to use my Referral link. ^_^

cool-dude's Avatar


cool-dude
11.18.2019 , 06:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodForSanta View Post
I want to play a jedi class where they were already adults during the attack on Coruscant. Which class fits that better, lorewise?
None. At launch the dev team confirmed that all the characters were 18 at the start of their class story with one year between each chapter making them 21 at the end of chapter three.
I'm a cool dude

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.19.2019 , 03:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
None. At launch the dev team confirmed that all the characters were 18 at the start of their class story with one year between each chapter making them 21 at the end of chapter three.
Hm i could see most of the FU classes as being between 18 and 23 at the begining, but the NFU classes seem older than that to me, more between 25-30, they sound a bit older and seem to have more experience.

But the only FU class i could see as a bit older than the other is the SI, but even then, i'd not see them older than 30 at the begining of the class story.
I'd say the JK seems a bit younger than the JC to me (at the very least female JK sounds the youngest of all PCs to me, but i play in french and voices are different)
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
11.19.2019 , 02:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
None. At launch the dev team confirmed that all the characters were 18 at the start of their class story with one year between each chapter making them 21 at the end of chapter three.
Really even the smuggler? He has an ship and well payed smuggling operation at 18? He is wow.