SWTOR Mobile Security Key app for Windows Phone 7?

ZeroPlus

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in australia and WP7 is my OS of choice (nokia lumia 800) and im about to sell my only android or IOS device and i wont even be able to access my account without the security key!!!!

+!,000,000 for WP7 App!!! or the smiley face gets it :eek::wea_02:

Good one. :D

I assume you can un-register your security app from your account, though. Not sure, but sounds reasonable. I live in Ireland (that's where the SWTOR EU servers are and customer service department is located) and can get neither the physical key (won't ship to IE) nor the app, since I use WP7.

PS - don't let the koalas get you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

As you are aware there have been no announcements made in relation to the release of the Security Key for Windows 7 mobile devices. We understand that this is frustrating for a number of you but unfortunately we do not have any information to provide regarding this matter.

For feedback and suggestions of this nature we would ask you to please post them in the Suggestion box.

Thanks.

I curious as to why no one has asked the question, “why not” just from doing a quick search there are on average 40 threads, 442 posts on the subject and out of that there are 38404 views since December. These are just quick numbers but just on these alone it looks to me that there is more than just a single person wanting this.

You would think by now that would warrant a more definitive answer than “we do not have any information at this time”. You have had 7 months to address this question and in those 7 months you haven’t been able to get a yes, no or even a maybe?

Don’t get me wrong I love the game and I won’t be going back to the other MMO that I used to play over a security key but one of the reasons I left the one that I was playing is because customer service didn’t exist anymore. Now please don’t fall into the same category as that other MMO and at least give us an answer to the question. Are you going to offer a security key for a WP7 phone? It’s not hard just pick one yes or no. you’ve had 7 months at least to address the question internally someone must have an answer for this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

as the physical security key is not in stock in any of the origin stores i've checked and yes i have tested out quite a few countries to try get my hands on a physical one Bioware/EA should get their asses in gear and make a security key for Blackberry, Windows phone and symbian

i'm not gonna buy a new phone just to get one that supports android/iCRAP when i'm just fine with my Nokia N8(havent seen a phone as of today that have a better camera than it(Carl Zeis 12MP))

if they had the physical one available in the origin store i wouldnt have the frustration over this but as its not to find in the store(swtor.com auto-rederects to the origin store in my language(norwegian) where it is not to be found....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bump indeed. i am upgrading my phone to a new one with WP8 on board and i would like not to have to remove my security key (android app atm) from my account.

keeping my old device just to run one application makes little sense :)

i do realize that WP market is not as big as android/ios but still, it is something that people use.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...