Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do people hate or love Galactic Starfighter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do people hate or love Galactic Starfighter?

CobraGuru
12.03.2013 , 11:27 PM | #31
I've tried it and exit the battle in the 1st round.

I don't like it. I'm playing other space dog fight mmo and the controls are not well, the movement of starfighter, I don't like.
I'm a long time player of space mmo but this is not good for me.
I won't even try it again.
I'll go play my other space fight mmo's much more

Raideen
12.04.2013 , 12:12 AM | #32
I liked the first 3 matches when I had no clue what was going on...trying to figure the controls out, learning etc.

Now, I absolutely hate it. I have lost at least 90% of the game played, I swear hacks are already happening. Getting 2 shot by gunships when it takes me 10 minutes of chasing to get them to 50%.

Its a joke.
[[||||||]()Ξ████████████████████████████████████████)

Typeslice
12.04.2013 , 12:31 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by CobraGuru View Post
I've tried it and exit the battle in the 1st round.

I don't like it. I'm playing other space dog fight mmo and the controls are not well, the movement of starfighter, I don't like.
I'm a long time player of space mmo but this is not good for me.
I won't even try it again.
I'll go play my other space fight mmo's much more
in summary: it's different than what you're used to; so you don't like it.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

CobraGuru
12.04.2013 , 01:35 AM | #34
no not a question of being used to another game. I don't play it much, but If i want to play dogfight pvp, I'll play this other game for sure. It's just your false conclusion ....
I just don't like the way you control it, the way the ship moves, and i'm not the only one to feel like this.

I like ground play but this space things is not for me at all.

Wrzaskun
12.04.2013 , 03:42 AM | #35
Me, I find it not so different from the regular wz's and therefore not that enjoyable. Got bored after 12 or so matches, not to mention that my hand hurt from trying to cope with the broken mouse controls, and my eyes hurt from the overcowded hud. I figure that I won't be doing much of it again soon if at all. And no, I didn't suck at it, most of the games I was in ended with a win and I usually got 6 or more medals and lots of bonus points for objectives and stuff.

This said, I'm pretty happy that it was introduced and gives some players stuff to do. I was a bit worried that all the people jumping on GSF would leave group finder and daily areas empty, but luckly it didn't - lot of folks didn't like the GSF and got back to their usual activities, which is good for me. Win win.

Kombatikon
12.04.2013 , 03:56 AM | #36
A few things need ironing out but 1 out of 10 I give it a 8

Costello
12.04.2013 , 04:20 AM | #37
I find it very dull.

It is a stand alone mini game with very limited gameplay as far as a star fighter flight sim goes, far less than JTL and likely less that Star Citizen will offer. It has no baring on the ground game outside a couple of titles and credits so doesn't even tie in with the rest of the star wars universe. So once the novelty has worn off I don't see how much it will bring to the game or peoples experience.

I do hope all the people that love it are buying all the optional extras from the cartel market and supporting the GSF expansion, but for the last 2 years of work to see 2 maps with one game play mode and limited gameplay. It doesn't feel worthy of being called an expansion and a disappointment for the big thing for the 2 year holiday season of the game.

Hodsy
12.04.2013 , 04:36 AM | #38
LOVE IT!

Remember though the starfighter does not officially launch until February were we will see more star fighters added and most likely more maps. This is practically a glorified test server on the live server

Retro_Chrome
12.04.2013 , 05:05 AM | #39
personally I love it, it is seriously not something i really was excited about, but i really enjoy it alot!!!

im not sure what people have issues with as far as mouse controls, i play with a naga and as far as sensitivity goes its up there, so maybe because i am used to better ...erm more sensitivity it wasnt much of a difference from anyother game i have never known anything else in this game to actually pull me out of WZ queue, and this is caused me to not complete the weekly on tuesday for the first time in a very long time...

faction balance seems fairly even... i am noticing a few abilities that may need tweaking, but nothing that i would scream OP over, once you figure out the controls, the maps,which ship your playstyle prefers, and get some upgrades to your ships, its flipping amazing.

but i believe this has a higher learning curve that some players were expecting. while fan sites and videos are out there, a more in depth post on the forums by the Devs breaking down what players could do would have been better... the tutorial ? area should have all of the ships available for practice. also perhaps a Ship req respec (maybe purchasable with CC) would be an amazing addition. certain abilities aren't very clear unless you know a guy who looks up info on the web like crazy (me)!

many times today on vent i had someone ask me the difference between communications and long range sensors... and its not explained anywhere in game...it is only explained by other players on the forums here, which well to be honest not alot of people read ...

sure this is the information age where google is your friend and there is a wiki for everything...but is it so weird to have a way to learn this in game before wasting ship/fleet req on an ability that you misunderstood? anyhow

all in all I love GSF and cant wait for more more more of it tomorrow...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

Nuffmeister
12.04.2013 , 05:06 AM | #40
I was very skeptical at first and it took a few games to really get my bearings, but I love it.

It has huge potential and I will certainly be supporting it as much as I can.

I honestly was very 'meh' about it when it was announced and i'm glad I jumped in and proved myself wrong.