Character Transfers Now Available for Asia Pacific Territories

CourtneyWoods

I cant see any real logical reason as to why you would need a cut off date for characters to transfer. ..

Because transfers will be a paid service soon, and the more excuses Bioware can come up with to make people pay for a transfer service the more money they will make, which is what this whole game is really all about (Thus, the 1.2 lies to attract/keep players.) If they could, they wouldn't have offered a free service at all, but there are too many Australian players that would have quit, so they made it free for Australians/NZ and then threw in 2 Asian cities so they could use the word "Asia" in their promotional material.

A server transfer is the only thing that will keep me playing, as there are no more than 30 people on the fleet and a few on any given planet when I play. But unfortunately, Bioware doesn't regard my place of residence as a part of Asia, although everyone else does...

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does this take affect for the ppl that aren't asia pacific territories cause i'm sure ppl everywhere would like to transfer there chars to. I'm still confused as to why it is taking so long when every game has this feature except SWTOR...:eek:

I'd like to request Bioware relook at their date restriction for transfers. I have a lvl 32 Sniper that obviously just missed the Feb 28 cutoff point and is not showing as available. I cant see any real logical reason as to why you would need a cut off date for characters to transfer. It just seems like its being deliberately obstructive.

When the transfers were advised i made a point of raising a ticket with a CSR to confirm with them that my sniper would be eligible to transfer and was assured that he would be. So i am obviously a little unhappy about him not being on that list...

It's a free transfer, you are not entitled to anything, they didn't even have to do it. If it bothers you that much then pay for your lvl 32 when the time comes.

So if I transfer to a server where I already have the character name reserved can I delete the placeholder when the transfer is complete, log onto the transferred character & select that name? I don't really want to delete my placeholders just yet.

Well the issue I have is only 3 of my 6 toons appear for transfer and the ones that do show are listed on the wrong start servers.

The fact that 2 of the missing 3 are level 50's worries me a lot and time is ticking away on the transfer deadline.

Anyone else had this problem?

I for one am a bit annoyed with the 28th feb rule, I have two toons that were created after and are now in their 20's, I spent a lot of my mains credits leveling their crafting to support the mains, can Bioware rather make it a level and/or a char number limit? I have level 1s I created just to have a look that are eligible, but toons that I actually play not :mad:

Bioware,

Let me start by saying I like your game a lot. I am also really looking forward to these transfers - and can't wait to play local! Playing on a local server is a first for me, having only previously been stuck on West Coast USA servers before with other games.

However, when it comes to these transfers I just feel like Ive been misled over a number of communcations from you. Whether that is my misinterpretation of your messages or not, I just don't feel like the messages of how this process was going to happen has been communicated very well.

My current issue is about the 28 Feb 12 cut-off date for transferring characters that existed at this time.

At face value the 28th Feb constraint seems like it is an arbitrary date, purely there because it was the opening date of the Asia Pac servers. There may be another reason why - but I just can't see it at the moment.

Personally, I took the messages communicated at the time from you that the legacy level for any chars on the Asia Pac servers (which would undoubtably be smaller than your US/EU server legacys') would be overwritten when the character transfers were to happen. What was I left to do? I had already levelled a character to 50 on a US server but wanted to explore your additonal content without a penalty. It wasn't as though I was going to stop playing.

So to continue my progression I have been happily levelling alts post 28 Feb 12 on my US server. Now I feel attached to all my characters pre and post 28 Feb 12 - they are all part of my legacy family so to leave some behind is not an option for me. I have financially invested in their gear (in-game), have spent time I would not want wasted levelling them up and become attached to their specific look crafted through character creation.

To have to spent additional money transferring these partially levelled characters in the future when we could do so now really frustrates me as a customer. I think its important to also remember that the 28 Feb was 7 weeks ago - almost 2 full months of gaming time and roughly half as long as the game has been officially released. What were you expecting us to do during this time - if Asia Pac server legacy was going to be overwritten and characters created post 28 Feb could not be moved? It just seems a no win situation and we could have taken no steps to avoid a penalty to progression in either case.

My hope would be that you allow an unrestricted movement of characters until the cut-off time for when transfers close or at least some date somewhat close to cut-off. This is what happens in other MMOs and I don't see why SWTOR should be held to a lesser standard. Otherwise could you elaborate on why the 28th deadline is so important over being just an arbitrary date. I guess that clarification would help in some way.

Lastly I still want to project that I am really happy you made the decision to offer the transfers free to us in the red-zone who technically 'did the wrong thing' by buying the game early because we were so excited for it. I think we are some of your most passionate fans, and wish for this game to continue for a long, long time to come. Well done on 1.2 and I'm looking forward to hear whats coming in 1.3.

cheers Saaz.

Edited by Saaz

Alright I got a problem and im not gona read thru 80 pages.

I got 5 characters I want transfered but 2 of my characters on the page are showing up as duplicate names. Is it just an error with the request form and that I should just transfer all of em anyway?

Thanks

I dont see any Charactor Transfers menu at all.

I live in Thailand and I want to transfer

Originating Server

Daragon Trail

Character Names

Awaken

Gnot

Destination Server

Master Dar'Nala

Transfer Problem

Form buttons and Request button are inactive, clicking on one of the drop down menus results in little arrow at the side being highlighted one way then another with a further click , but no drop down options appear

Edited by Gnotong

When I signed up I didn't pay much attention to my country of origin, because I didnt think it would affect me, and it was set to United States. I am an Australian player and I cant access the character transfers, I have sent customer support an email and am awaiting a reply. I have been an active player since launch and I hope they can enable to transfer characters for me otherwise I wouldn't much feel like playing a game on a server that would be dead during my peak time and I wouldn't bother restarting so I would probably just quit, which would suck cause this game has great potential. In the name of good customer service please help me out

When I signed up I didn't pay much attention to my country of origin, because I didnt think it would affect me, and it was set to United States. I am an Australian player and I cant access the character transfers, I have sent customer support an email and am awaiting a reply. I have been an active player since launch and I hope they can enable to transfer characters for me otherwise I wouldn't much feel like playing a game on a server that would be dead during my peak time and I wouldn't bother restarting so I would probably just quit, which would suck cause this game has great potential. In the name of good customer service please help me out

Hope everything gets sorted for you mate and we'll see you around in the A-P servers

The page seems to be working now though I have no idea if my transfer was lodged successfuly as there is no feedback from the form, or via email, to say my transfer had been placed.

I think it would be useful if, after hitting the 'Request Transfer' button, it took you to another page to say it was lodged successfuly or you are sent an email to say the transfer has been placed and is now in the que for processing.

Edited by Avatarless

I have a question relating to my legacy name.

I have some characters on my US origin server who are not eligible for transfer. None of these characters have finished chapter one.

If I move all of my eligible characters -- which will include all who have finished chapter one -- will I lose my legacy name on my current US origin server (obviously, with the ability to regain once I finish chapter one once) or will my legacy name remain in place on my US origin server?

I dont see any Charactor Transfers menu at all.

I live in Thailand and I want to transfer

Originating Server

Daragon Trail

Character Names

Awaken

Destination Server

Master Dar'Nala

Transfer Problem

Form buttons and Request button are inactive, clicking on one of the drop down menus results in little arrow at the side being highlighted one way then another with a further click , but no drop down options appear

Same Problem with me Awaken !!!

Yep the Feb.28th rule is why I cant transfer 2 level 50's and 2 level 30's so Customer Support tell me.

How stupid, the game still wasnt released here in Australia back then so whats the advantage?

Really not happy Jan with this, I dont want to be stuck on a US server by myself whilst everyone else in sleeping.

Nice one Bioware.

Really not happy Jan with this

For those of you not familiar with contemporary Australian advertisements that have become part of the vernacular.

"Not happy Jan" = "I am experiencing extreme annoyance at your actions"

For some reason my basic info says Australia but my contact details says USA, but with my Australian address - I am sure they will assume that was my mistake.

I'm in the same boat as Xaph it seems. Trusting on customer service efficiency is a lonely place to be. If I can't get my toons together on the one server it would be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

I don't understand why the cut off date is there.

I have 2 accounts, both started at BETA, both were there for Early Access on the 13th of December, both have characters I want to transfer to the APAC servers.

I got the same email when I sent in a ticket, that the cut off date was the 28th Feb.

For what? All my toons are established. My son has some toons that were created after that date, and they can stay on the U.S Servers for all I care.

I have 2 X Lvl 50's, 1 X Lvl 40, 1 X Lvl 36, 1 X Lvl 29, 1 X Lvl 28 and a Lvl 23... and that's on my MAIN account where all these toons were created BEFORE the 28th Feb.

What gives seriously!!!

It's working for me now which is nice, but i'd like to understand how the namechanging process will work.

Will i be able to delete my nameholder characters before i'm forced to change the names of my main characters? From what i understand you will be requested to change your character's name as soon as you log into the server meaning there is no gap in which to delete nameholder alts.

The page seems to be working now though I have no idea if my transfer was lodged successfuly as there is no feedback from the form, or via email, to say my transfer had been placed.

I think it would be useful if, after hitting the 'Request Transfer' button, it took you to another page to say it was lodged successfuly or you are sent an email to say the transfer has been placed and is now in the que for processing.

I submitted mine a few minutes ago and didn't receive any confirmation either. The "Request Transfers" button does seem to be "greyed" out while the newly confirmed servers are chosen. If you go and choose another server in the dropdown after you've hit it, you'll see that "Request Transfers" changes colours.

I guess they are locked in, or can we change our minds before time runs out? Not that I want to.

It all seems a bit rushed, not enough testing guys.:( Personally I wouldn't have minded waiting for a few more days until everything was working properly, and I've pretty much done that anyway.

I submitted mine a few minutes ago and didn't receive any confirmation either. The "Request Transfers" button does seem to be "greyed" out while the newly confirmed servers are chosen. If you go and choose another server in the dropdown after you've hit it, you'll see that "Request Transfers" changes colours.

I guess they are locked in, or can we change our minds before time runs out? Not that I want to.

It all seems a bit rushed, not enough testing guys.:( Personally I wouldn't have minded waiting for a few more days until everything was working properly, and I've pretty much done that anyway.

Yeah same i'm guessing my transfer request is lodged but some confirmation would be nice...