Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help in defeating Vaylin in the dark cave

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Need help in defeating Vaylin in the dark cave

The-Eradicator
07.15.2016 , 07:10 PM | #1
She overwhelms me with power each time. Do I need better armor and a new a Lightsaber? I have a level 65 Lightsaber and my armor is 61 I think

Erevan_Kindelar
07.16.2016 , 03:43 AM | #2
I do not have too much of a recollection about the fight with Vaylin in the cave, although having gone through it with a tank, DPS and a healing class I have to admit that I probably should remember it better.
The only things I can think of as specific advice would be to stay out of her AOE attacks (the red circles on the ground), keep on the move, and be patient.
I think that with the Sage I ran through there with, I might have had my companion in DPS mode, and kept switching them to Passive and out again when appropriate, so that when they had aggro they were not just standing stupidly in the red, taking un-neccessary damage.
Other than that, I was lvl 65 every time I ran through the fight, with 208 rated gear (from the Common Crystal vendors on the fleet) in every slot, and the fight was easy enough, if probably a bit long. So I would suggest looking first at your tactics and then at your gear. What you have equipped is less powerful than what I was using, but it should absolutely be doable in lvl 61 gear, unless what you have equipped is totally wrong for your class and play-style.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

TyonYlle
07.16.2016 , 05:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
I do not have too much of a recollection about the fight with Vaylin in the cave, although having gone through it with a tank, DPS and a healing class I have to admit that I probably should remember it better.
The only things I can think of as specific advice would be to stay out of her AOE attacks (the red circles on the ground), keep on the move, and be patient.
I think that with the Sage I ran through there with, I might have had my companion in DPS mode, and kept switching them to Passive and out again when appropriate, so that when they had aggro they were not just standing stupidly in the red, taking un-neccessary damage.
Other than that, I was lvl 65 every time I ran through the fight, with 208 rated gear (from the Common Crystal vendors on the fleet) in every slot, and the fight was easy enough, if probably a bit long. So I would suggest looking first at your tactics and then at your gear. What you have equipped is less powerful than what I was using, but it should absolutely be doable in lvl 61 gear, unless what you have equipped is totally wrong for your class and play-style.
I could be thinking of some other fight, but I don't think you have a companion, with the fight against Vaylin, in the gave. Aren't we on our own, for the entirety of the chapter?

If the op could post, what their gear is, we might be able to get a better understand, of how to assist him?

Haldirwins
07.16.2016 , 05:43 AM | #4
Did you pickup the survival kit at the start of the mission before you even talk to valkorian? It gives you a major healing and shield buff everytime you use it - in a similar way to how heroic abilities appear. They make the fight incredibly easy!

TyonYlle
07.16.2016 , 06:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Haldirwins View Post
Did you pickup the survival kit at the start of the mission before you even talk to valkorian? It gives you a major healing and shield buff everytime you use it - in a similar way to how heroic abilities appear. They make the fight incredibly easy!
D'oh, I totes forgot about the survival kit, completely!

Erevan_Kindelar
07.16.2016 , 01:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
I could be thinking of some other fight, but I don't think you have a companion, with the fight against Vaylin, in the gave. Aren't we on our own, for the entirety of the chapter?

If the op could post, what their gear is, we might be able to get a better understand, of how to assist him?
It could be. I went through the fight 3 times when the chapter first came out, and as the other pre-DvL toons I have are not going through KotFE, I have not touched it for a while. I don't specifically remember being without a companion there, but I also don't really remember having them there with me. I guess it was either un-memorable, easy, or I was bored out of my mind.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

SteveTheCynic
07.17.2016 , 06:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
It could be. I went through the fight 3 times when the chapter first came out, and as the other pre-DvL toons I have are not going through KotFE, I have not touched it for a while. I don't specifically remember being without a companion there, but I also don't really remember having them there with me. I guess it was either un-memorable, easy, or I was bored out of my mind.
Definitely no companion. That stressed me out (for no particularly good reason - my commandogirl is *tough*(1)) along the way, but I don't remember anything much about the fight.

(1) 216 everywhere except one relic (186), belt and wrists (220), boots (208) and gun (220/216/216). All armorings and mods are Lethal or Versatile. 208 augments on 14 pieces (not on relics). That sort of tough.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

OderWolfe
03.11.2017 , 11:22 AM | #8
I've been through this cave twice now with separate toons in story mode, no problem, but I decided to try veteran mode with this one and Vaylin owns me. I have the survival gear, have tried different tactics, but I am dead in short order with my assassin. I could use some insight with tactics defeating Vaylin in veteran mode, please.

JediQuaker
03.11.2017 , 12:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OderWolfe View Post
I decided to try veteran mode with this one and Vaylin owns me. .
I haven't tried this, but I suspect you'd want to be level 70 with at least 228 gear to do it.

OldMonkWF
09.11.2017 , 05:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I haven't tried this, but I suspect you'd want to be level 70 with at least 228 gear to do it.
70 lvl and 244 gear, survival kit also. Can't beat this ****. Any clues pls...

upd. i did it (c) using saber reflect at the beginning of fight: she using most powerful attack. Well also using all other things like pilybiotic med units, adrenals and so on.