Welcome to Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate

CourtneyWoods

what better way to celebrate one year anniversary than making your subscribers PAY for the Life Day event... NOT!!!

:mad:

A game event, just like the Rakghuls, is supposed to bring the community together. Here you'll have the people who PAY and the people who won't.

It does not bode well for future game events. Not at all.

I was really excited about playing SWTOR over the holiday season!

Then you released this... Now I can look forward to grinding the same old space mission wishing I could do the new space mission content, while I shoot firework off alone in my ship...

I celebrated the new Holiday Cartel Market items by purchasing a shiny blue orb... because thats about all I can get with my 600 coins a month...

I jumped off the edge in fleet twice to demonstration my feelings...

Edited by Gordoma

what better way to celebrate one year anniversary than making your subscribers PAY for the Life Day event... NOT!!!

:mad:

A game event, just like the Rakghuls, is supposed to bring the community together. Here you'll have the people who PAY and the people who won't.

It does not bode well for future game events. Not at all.

Funny I see them talking about life day related items but no where did I see them say any thing about having to buy access to the coming event. Now I could be wrong I haven't logged in to the game yet or it could be you are over reacting to something that isn't even an issues or just looking to cause trouble.

Funny I see them talking about life day related items but no where did I see them say any thing about having to buy access to the coming event. Now I could be wrong I haven't logged in to the game yet or it could be you are over reacting to something that isn't even an issues or just looking to cause trouble.

Youre right, they blatantly said there would be no event for Life Day or Xmas

Still, not giving event stuff to subs is a low blow for cash

I would love to discuss the new warzone and all the Appealing new gear that has arrived with this patch.

Unfortunately i have spend pretty much my entire game update day trying to figure out why i cant purchase cartel coins,

and why there is a 1170# post's long thread about it but no kind of public announcement or developer feedback except the usual

"This issue is still under investigation and is a top priority for us."

and "We will keep you updated when we receive any updates."

and "Thank you for your continuing patience." (even thought there clearly is none left in the vast amount of angry subscribers)

I seriusly doubt that as a non native english speaker i would be able to pull a sentence like "sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you " out of my top-hat if it where not for the countless hours i have spent on this forum looking for answers that where never here to begin with...

Tried the new warzone once...... it was cool............. :csw_c3po:

Edited by KristianB

Damion,

What happened to the direction you told us this game was going, before launch, in your dev blog? You, yourself, said that making this game a pure themepark would be a HUGE waste of the IP. You, yourself, said BW was making a game where people had strong community and could just "live" in the space. That was one of the best dev blogs I have ever read, and made me think you and BW REALLY UNDERSTOOD how to release an awesome MMO that was a true hybrid between sandbox and themepark. You were going to provide players with directed, story driven content AND make parts of the world open and engaging. You were going to appeal to multiple playstyles. You knew the dangers of making a WoW clone AND of making an empty sandbox.

WHAT happened??? This game is as pure a themepark as it gets, with no open endgame worlds. No social minigames, no reasons to be in cantinas other than to log out. The single player kotor 1 and 2 had more immersive cantinas, that felt MORE alive. There is NO effective difference between server types. There is no open world pvp system, no reason to do it, no rewards for doing it...etc. No players cities or ships. No community building on servers....man, what a disappointment. What happened to the endgame? The pvp endgame? Ilum was a disaster, you pulled it, and we still have no idea when you will fix it, get it right, then release it back.

Space...single player railspace in an MMO...*** were you guys thinking. Did you never play Xwing, Tie fighter, Xwing v Tiefighter or Xwing Alliance? SWG JTL? I had hoped you would go beyond JTL...instead you went below Xwing. Tragic.

What happened, man? Tell me you guys realize these problems and are going to take the game another direction....please....I am still supporting it with my money, but will not do this forever.

And the cash shop...ok. How about you give subscribers access to a "rares" section of the cartel market, where I can buy what I want. I dont mind paying money for something, IF I GET WHAT I WANT. Random packs are for the mathematically illiterate or the gamblers. I am neither. Then you could even charge F2Pers for access to the cartel rares market for the priviledge of directly buying what they want, or you could leave them to the RNG packs.

Edited by Dyvim

Damion,

What happened to the direction you told us this game was going, before launch, in your dev blog? You, yourself, said that making this game a pure themepark would be a HUGE waste of the IP. You, yourself, said BW was making a game where people had strong community and could just "live" in the space. That was one of the best dev blogs I have ever read, and made me think you and BW REALLY UNDERSTOOD how to release an awesome MMO that was a true hybrid between sandbox and themepark.

WHAT happened??? This game is as pure a themepark as it gets, with no open endgame worlds. No social minigames, no reasons to be in cantinas other than to log out. The single player kotor 1 and 2 had more immersive cantinas, that felt MORE alive. There is NO effective difference between server types. There is no open world pvp system, no reason to do it, no rewards for doing it...etc. No players cities or ships. No community building on servers....man, what a disappointment.

Space...single player railspace in an MMO...*** were you guys thinking. Did you never play Xwing, Tie fighter, Xwing v Tiefighter of Xwing Alliance? SWG JTL? I had hoped you would go beyond JTL...instead you went below Xwing. Tragic.

What happened, man? Tell me you guys realize these problems and are going to take the game another direction....please....I am still supporting it with my money, but will not do this forever.

And the cash shop...ok. How about you give subscribers access to a "rares" section of the cartel market, where I can buy what I want. I dont mind paying money for something, IF I GET WHAT I WANT. Random packs are for the mathematically illiterate or the gamblers. I am neither. Then you could even charge F2Pers for access to the cartel rares market for the priviledge of directly buying what they want, or you could leave them to the RNG packs.

You hit the nail on the head with this post.

I also echo the sentiment that it was a poor choice by Bioware to make Lifeday simply a "buy some items at the cash shop thing" rather than some additional limited time content (ie ratghouls)

So 1 year anniversary and we get a new warzone, 6 space missions and more cash shop loot bomb gear? I hope the cash shop is working for you guys because the whole thing smacks of desperation. They are selling off the future PVE content rewards as grab bags in the cash shop now? I hate to be a complainer but the cartel packs kind of irk me. Let's just skip the RPG altogether and play a skinner-box loot machine MMO. :p

Endless KOTOR

Edited by MorgonKara

The new space missions suck. Time to work on free flight combat cause your "roller coaster" style of space combat is just bad. You make missions "more challenging" by adding more stuff to crash into? Completing several of these missions and watching how and where the flight path is makes me wonder if the pilot is drunk, blind, or just stupid. Space combat should feel open not like I'm at a water slide park.

The new space missions suck. Time to work on free flight combat cause your "roller coaster" style of space combat is just bad. You make missions "more challenging" by adding more stuff to crash into? Completing several of these missions and watching how and where the flight path is makes me wonder if the pilot is drunk, blind, or just stupid. Space combat should feel open not like I'm at a water slide park.

I actually find it hard to believe there was enough interest to warrant adding new space missions at all. Are the space missions super popular and I'm just unaware of it? I mean I'll do one once in a while if i need a few creds and i'm waiting for something to craft but it's not my main thing.

Warzones I know are popular.

Edited by MorgonKara

Damion,

What happened to the direction you told us this game was going, before launch, in your dev blog? You, yourself, said that making this game a pure themepark would be a HUGE waste of the IP. You, yourself, said BW was making a game where people had strong community and could just "live" in the space. That was one of the best dev blogs I have ever read, and made me think you and BW REALLY UNDERSTOOD how to release an awesome MMO that was a true hybrid between sandbox and themepark.

WHAT happened??? This game is as pure a themepark as it gets, with no open endgame worlds. No social minigames, no reasons to be in cantinas other than to log out. The single player kotor 1 and 2 had more immersive cantinas, that felt MORE alive. There is NO effective difference between server types. There is no open world pvp system, no reason to do it, no rewards for doing it...etc. No players cities or ships. No community building on servers....man, what a disappointment.

Space...single player railspace in an MMO...*** were you guys thinking. Did you never play Xwing, Tie fighter, Xwing v Tiefighter of Xwing Alliance? SWG JTL? I had hoped you would go beyond JTL...instead you went below Xwing. Tragic.

Pay attention Bioware. You have been weighed and measured and you have been found wanting. Your pathetic attempts to impress and promote what is "so great about SWTOR" is falling on deaf ears. Your using the Cartel Market to make up for losses, when it should be an extension of current gains. I am one among many that has tried to support you in this effort. Those die hard fans of Star Wars that just want to claim a small part of the Star Wars Universe for ourselves. You are making it hard to be a believer in your efforts to offer a game worth playing. Were this any other game it would likely have been scraped. But the Star Wars name and the undisclosed amount of money Bioware paid to make this game kept it alive.

Pull this kind of game play/game content out for a Mass Effect MMO or a Dragon Age MMO and it will be luck to see it's first year. By game update 2.0 you had better stop listening to EA money monger and start listening to the player base or you may find yourself expanding your employment criteria.

Bioware your first expansion (if you make it that far with this game) should be a complete space add-on. Complete with Guild Capital Ships, OPEN FREE FLIGHT COMBAT MISSIONS, some new races (at least 2 for each side), some REAL story content, and some ******n cause and affect.

Anyone play the game Freelancer? It was and still is an excellent game for space combat (story was so-so). I personally would be happy with the same type of space combat brought into SWTOR. While I admit SWG had to be my favorite space combat simulation, what they did with Freelancer is really good. Smugglers could really smuggle, bounty hunters setting up ambushes along trade routes. Patrols guarding refuel and docking stations. The interface is 90% mouse driven (a lot like the space missions in SWTOR except its free flight).

Get it together Devs this game is falling apart.

Pay attention Bioware. You have been weighed and measured and you have been found wanting. Your pathetic attempts to impress and promote what is "so great about SWTOR" is falling on deaf ears. Your using the Cartel Market to make up for losses, when it should be an extension of current gains. I am one among many that has tried to support you in this effort. Those die hard fans of Star Wars that just want to claim a small part of the Star Wars Universe for ourselves. You are making it hard to be a believer in your efforts to offer a game worth playing. Were this any other game it would likely have been scraped. But the Star Wars name and the undisclosed amount of money Bioware paid to make this game kept it alive.

Pull this kind of game play/game content out for a Mass Effect MMO or a Dragon Age MMO and it will be luck to see it's first year. By game update 2.0 you had better stop listening to EA money monger and start listening to the player base or you may find yourself expanding your employment criteria.

Bioware your first expansion (if you make it that far with this game) should be a complete space add-on. Complete with Guild Capital Ships, OPEN FREE FLIGHT COMBAT MISSIONS, some new races (at least 2 for each side), some REAL story content, and some ******n cause and affect.

Anyone play the game Freelancer? It was and still is an excellent game for space combat (story was so-so). I personally would be happy with the same type of space combat brought into SWTOR. While I admit SWG had to be my favorite space combat simulation, what they did with Freelancer is really good. Smugglers could really smuggle, bounty hunters setting up ambushes along trade routes. Patrols guarding refuel and docking stations. The interface is 90% mouse driven (a lot like the space missions in SWTOR except its free flight).

Get it together Devs this game is falling apart.

+1 To this and quoted for truth. Even the people you pay to champion your game on these very forums , can not dispute this.

1.6 un-subbed thanks for not listening to your customers, releasing bugs before testing properly. I know that your corporate greed business model is all about maximizing cash, and not caring what your customers say at all, it showed when you failed hard and had to release F2P, this was your opportunity to redeem the game and instead you come up with a shop to try and suck even more money out of fans.

I hate what the spin doctors have done to this game with there bunch of lies. Instead of firing management that where killing the game from the beginning you fire the wrong people.I don't know how you can live with yourself. I suppose your quest for phat profits blind you.

Well no more, there is still people that believe in paying to have a good time, coupled with a good old customer service, and listening to your customers, and the fact is you didn't provide this. Actually you would of made more money with this business model. Instead of thinking this is star wars and fans will just fork over the money no matter how you treat them.