What happened to the Christmas Tauntaun?

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the mount closely.

Notice the antlers and the bright shining red nose. :D

Now look up Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer. When exactly does Rudolph become pivotal in the folklore?

Yeah -------> Christmas Eve would be my money bet for this mount popping on the CM.. Midnight, December 24.

And let's not forget that they DO NOT need to patch to change CM sales content anymore. The contents on the CM can now be driven by some calendar coding inside the game servers. In other words.. the fact that all the Bioware Staff will be home celebrating Christmas Eve with their families (instead of loading a midnight patch) has ZERO bearing on the Christmas Tauntaun going on sale in the CM. ;)

Christmas Eve would be my money bet for this mount popping on the CM.. Midnight, December 24.
Something like that would be my guess, too.

Maybe not that exact timing (things tend to show up around noon central time) but probably much closer to Xmas day.

Edited by Rankyn

Now look up Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer. When exactly does Rudolph become pivotal in the folklore?

Yeah -------> Christmas Eve would be my money bet for this mount popping on the CM.. Midnight, December 24.

And let's not forget that they DO NOT need to patch to change CM sales content anymore. The contents on the CM can now be driven by some calendar coding inside the game servers. In other words.. the fact that all the Bioware Staff will be home celebrating Christmas Eve with their families (instead of loading a midnight patch) has ZERO bearing on the Christmas Tauntaun going on sale in the CM. ;)

This is logical, reasonable, and some what practical...[sarcasm]how dare you bring this stuff into our forum.[/sarcasm] :D

edit: best be careful lest I get a forum vacation too...adding sarcasm tags for those in Rio Linda

Edited by DOHboy

God, i hope it died ;-)

Agreed. The snowblower last year was one thing, now we have snowballs on the fleet and a speeder full of presents for this year. I mean, really, one of the joys of playing this game the last two years for me has been not to see holiday nonsense like that. As much as I have been a fanboi of the game up to this point, this has crossed the line for me. A Rudolph Tauntaun would have been the last straw.

Well I hope the tauntaun does become available - I was looking forward to running around ilum on it over the Christmas period. The new ones on offer from the Life Day event aren't really ringing my (jingle) bells.

I understand if he is busy until St. Stephen's Day

My guess is that the devs sobered up and realized this was a bigger abomination than last years mount. :D

If only that were so. But really - BioWare had disappointed every facet of player in this game at some point or another. My pessimism tells me that those of us who had no desire to see the tired old Holiday tropes in this game have yet another round of disappointments to come.

If only that were so. But really - BioWare had disappointed every facet of player in this game at some point or another. My pessimism tells me that those of us who had no desire to see the tired old Holiday tropes in this game have yet another round of disappointments to come.

Ah, the poor unfortunate souls.

^This. I can see them selling it from the 24th through maybe the 26th or 31st.

Agreed. The snowblower last year was one thing, now we have snowballs on the fleet and a speeder full of presents for this year. I mean, really, one of the joys of playing this game the last two years for me has been not to see holiday nonsense like that. As much as I have been a fanboi of the game up to this point, this has crossed the line for me. A Rudolph Tauntaun would have been the last straw.

If it bothers you to see others playing a game the way they enjoy playing it, I suggest you play solo games.