Tune in to Twitch on September 30th for Knights of the Fallen Empire Gameplay Livestream

TaitWatson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why they let us view the chapters before the expansion launch. Why should we as players have to avoid certain information they release before the expansion? If they start spoiling the story again this livestream I will simply turn it off and read the summary of the non spolied information later.

To make the RPers happy so they can setup their character for the expansion. They have been asking for spoilers.

So it looks as if the stream on the 30th should be spoiler free, well pretty much anyway.

It may be, but I wouldn't plan on it having none. If you're just trying to avoid spoilers, you'll probably be fine for the most part. But if you have spoilerphobia, you will probably still pass out. :D

Edited by idnewton

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion:

*snip*

Then, on September 30th, we will be having a Dev Stream to talk about some of the gameplay changes coming in Game Update 4.0. The details of this can be found at the start of this thread.

*snip*

-Tait

Thanks for clarifying that Tait, you love us all really :D (Tait = :cool: )

Is there any reason that you guys openly support people who do not actively stream the game on a daily basis while there are dedicated SWTOR streamers streaming every day for hours a day but they don't get the time of day from anyone at BioWare?

But they wouldnt want those people asking valid questions, would they ?

To make the RPers happy so they can setup their character for the expansion. They have been asking for spoilers.

Hehe well, I do not mind that they plan their characters. I only ask for a huge spoiler warning since I intend to enjoy this expansion to the full capacity without knowing into detail what will happen :tran_smile:

I have high hopes for this expansion and knowing stuff in advance is not good, not for me.

But they wouldnt want those people asking valid questions, would they ?

I'm not saying what I said to be snippy or disrespectful, I just find it demotivating that various other games that I play, H1Z1, Oldschool Runescape (kappa), Diablo 3, Tera, all of these other games, their communtiy team and developers have an amazing relationship with people who stream their game, going so far as to promote these streamers on their official twitter accounts, facebook accounts, even their official websites.

So you can see why it's so demotivating to be a dedicated SWTOR streamer when you know with almost 100% certainty that you will gain no support from the game developers or even the community team themselves.

I'm just being salty, disregard me lol.

Edit: To add on to this, I wouldn't even mind if we as streamers weren't allowed to touch on sensitive topics. Just knowing that we would have the support of Bioware behind us I think would be enough motivation to continue doing what we do. Personally, I stream because I love my viewerbase, they are absolutely awesome and are amazing to interact with, but I won't lie when I say that it would feel nice to have a dev pop in some time or even mention any of us streamers and say, 'hey, I enjoy the stream, thanks for promoting the game!'

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

Is there any reason that you guys openly support people who do not actively stream the game on a daily basis while there are dedicated SWTOR streamers streaming every day for hours a day but they don't get the time of day from anyone at BioWare?

I was going to ask the same question D:

There are plenty of dedicated swtor streamers that would love this opportunity.

It's because they don't actually care about established swtor streamers, because they won't bring any new players/subs. They'd rather have a streamer who's popular for streaming other game(s), and use that streamer to expose their viewer base to swtor and its upcoming changes. Basically, they care far more about potential future players, than about current players. All about the $ to them. Edited by Kakisback

It's because they don't actually care about established swtor streamers, because they won't bring any new players/subs. They'd rather have a streamer who's popular for streaming other game(s), and use that streamer to expose their viewer base to swtor and its upcoming changes. Basically, they care far more about potential future players, than about current players. All about the $ to them.

1 of many good points. :)

or the Fact that there is No Info on on what stuff to gear for levels 40+.

Today I learned that correct gearing for level 40 is super important, and requires theorycrafting and websites.

Woe is me. Whatever shall I do? Dulfy doesn't provide this data, which surely must be vital for survival in this game.

:( :( :( :(

Edited by Khevar

The streamers they invited to play have had established communities for years with a lot of potential new players plus how many full time swtor streamers are actually gonna be at TwitchCon. The same complaints happened when Towelliee did the promotional stream for SoR, there's no point in marketing the game to a streamer who doesn't have the viewer base full of potential new/returning players.

The streamers they invited to play have had established communities for years with a lot of potential new players plus how many full time swtor streamers are actually gonna be at TwitchCon. The same complaints happened when Towelliee did the promotional stream for SoR, there's no point in marketing the game to a streamer who doesn't have the viewer base full of potential new/returning players.

You're right, supporting your loyal streamers < marketing.

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion:

On September 25-26th, there will be streams on and off both days as streamers play through some of Chapter 1 at TwitchCon. The full schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 25:

10:00 AM (PDT): Lulaboo

11:00 AM: Towelliee

12:00 PM: ZombiUnicorn

2:00 PM: LadyInsanity

3:00 PM: OMGitsfirefoxx

Saturday, September 26:

10:00 AM (PDT): LobosJR

12:00 PM: JediConsular

2:00 PM: Aureylian

3:00 PM: JoblessGamers

Then, on September 30th, we will be having a Dev Stream to talk about some of the gameplay changes coming in Game Update 4.0. The details of this can be found at the start of this thread.

Just in case two weeks in a row wasn't enough, on October 8th, we will be streaming the Cosplay Contest from the New York Cantina Tour stop.

-Tait

Are these times in PDT? Just so I can convert them to AWST.

Like I said, I'm fully aware of WHY they chose bigger named streamers who don't play the game. I'm aware that a streamer who has 1-2k viewers per day will draw more attention to the game than a streamer who only has about 100 viewers per day. I understand the financial thoughts behind the decision.

That doesn't stop me from feeling a bit cheated, as well as a few other loyal SWTOR streamers. We stream because we love to stream, and we do so with 99% certainty that we will get no recognition from BioWare in anyway, despite VARIOUS other games who's developers and community teams have a really positive relationship with the people streaming their game, whether it's a large stream or not.

It's just demotivating to see that you can stream this game day in and day out, have top viewers for this game on twitch on a consistent basis, yet still get completely overlooked because:

Big named streamers (who DON'T play as cosistently as us Swtor dedicated ones do) > Loyal swtor streamers (We stream for hours a day, nothing but swtor content, and get nothing for it)

Like I said, feel free to completely disregard me and once again, I DO understand why this decision was made. But it doesn't stop me from feeling a little bad because all of my efforts as well as various other streamer's efforts have been simply overlooked for the more popular streamers.

Lastly, while these streamers are popular on twitch overall, they aren't actually popular within the closed swtor community itself. These streamers don't make guides for your everyday casual swtor player, they don't teach casual swtor players how to get any better at the game, they provide nothing beneficial other than exposing THEIR own viewerbase to the game. Meanwhile, there's some really great swtor only dedicated streamers who are pumping out useful information to the masses, in hopes of educating the new players that ARE being brought in by these bigger streamers, and that are attempting to teach these new players how to get better at the game (if they wish to), and these streamers get jack **** in return. THAT'S why I'm upset. Bioware doesn't even explain their own Bolster mechanic, they don't explain their Resolve mechanics in detail, there's no official Bioware guide on how to play any of their classes effectively in PvE or PvP, there's no official Bioware guide telling you something as simple as to how to gear your character optimally for just simple things like dailies or flashpoints. This stuff is all made by the players, for the players. And a lot of the 'popular' swtor streamers, by popular I mean hold high % of total swtor viewers, are actually trying to help out new players get better, they take questions off stream and during their personal time to help teach them something new.

But we don't get recognition from Bioware for any of this. Instead they say "what you're doing is nice, keep doing it while we ignore you. Oh hey, this guy has 2k viewers per day for some other game entirely! Let's ignore our loyal customers and instead bring in this guy who can't teach anyone anything about any advanced Swtor mechanics, or even BASIC swtor mechanics, to advertise our game!"

Makes me sad is all.

Regards, A salty SWTOR streamer.