Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we expect PVP gear to be returning in 6.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Can we expect PVP gear to be returning in 6.0?

DavidAtkinson
01.19.2019 , 03:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
I hope they bring it. PvP to be taken seriously needs its dedicated gear. 5.0 was a flop and had many players leaving, me included.
I like to do PvP in ths game, solo or in groups that is what I like doing.
Saying it all so far in the last two weeks Ossus is not a bad update and makes PvE more acceptable. It is possible the best planet they ever did, with the exception of Illum. But yet again those who do operations and all PvE stuff still have a big advantage to get gear, over us who do mostly PvP.
So I cannot understand how any really PvPer in this forum section can really be against having PvP gear which you get from PvP, when the grind to get PvE gear from PvP is ten times as much.
I play only PVP.. and I'm not against return of pVP gear if it will be like 4.0.... But as our experience in these last 3 years have shown, gearing in this game is not a cheap and easy thing.

So that leads me to believe that PVP will not be easy to get as in 4.0 in which case, no thank you. I am good with 1 set.

4.0 was a long time ago. Game changed... a lot since then. expecting 4.0 like gearing for pvp is just not very realistic in my opinion.

Syal
01.19.2019 , 08:12 AM | #12
its time to think about it... 230 vs 258 ... the gap is too important !
SWTOR since 2012 !
Guild Force Unifiée French PVE
The Leviathan

DavidAtkinson
01.19.2019 , 08:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Syal View Post
230 is bolstered to 252 in pvp...

Rion_Starkiller
01.19.2019 , 10:04 AM | #14
Some time ago, Musco said that they were working on pvp gearing and that they were thinking about expertise again. They said it's a lot of work and that it will have to be part of a major update/expansion to bring it back.

Honestly though, I would rather see high-end raid gear bolster equal to high end pvp gear. That way a player like me doesn't have to carry 4 sets of gear (pve dps and heal gear, pvp dps and heal gear). But I'm not sure what the metrics are.... maybe people like me -- avid pvp'ers and raider -- are unicorns. Who knows.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

VaeVictis
01.21.2019 , 04:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Syal View Post
I switched my Corruption Sorc over to Lightning yesterday just to try it out, average gear rating of 238. Top DPS in all 12 matches I queued.

If you're not competitive at Bolster 252, gear is not your problem and whining on the forum for handouts isn't helping the problem.

TrixxieTriss
01.21.2019 , 05:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
I switched my Corruption Sorc over to Lightning yesterday just to try it out, average gear rating of 238. Top DPS in all 12 matches I queued.

If you're not competitive at Bolster 252, gear is not your problem and whining on the forum for handouts isn't helping the problem.
Must have been plenty of bad players about. Which is usual considering they usually put 6 bad players on each team.

If you’ve any skill, you will be only one of 2 good players on your team. It’s not hard to top the dps on any class when you play under those circumstances

Severith
01.21.2019 , 06:24 PM | #17
People have forgotten, rose tinted glasses, etc.

When pvp gear existed, and was easy to get, we still had pve leeches in matches, because max pvp gear was still better than their lower tier pve sets. We'd get the noob raiders

The real problem with pvp is apathy, and the return of expertise is not going to fix that.

If you want to deal with apathy, you need to make winning count for something, not just adding 8 UC instead of 20 to your UC grind. Warhammer Online had a system where random gear/loot was awarded to winners of a match. Nothing major or max level BIS, but some good stuff. I think they should go that route, randomly awarding a player on a winning team, biased toward teammates with good damage/heals/protection/objectives. They could make a whole line of BOE decos and pets for max level, mats and whatnot, and blues and purple gear for lowbies and mid.

Suddenly people want to win. Amazing.

NogueiraA
01.21.2019 , 07:08 PM | #18
I think it was 4.0 when Pvp gear was SUPER ULTRA cheap... Literally 3 or 4 days of dailies you'd be FULL 208.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Majspuffen
01.22.2019 , 02:50 AM | #19
If we want a true pvp experience we shouldn't have to grind for pvp gear at all. It's somehow instilled into the minds of the playerbase that there has to be a grind, otherwise the experience is not rewarding. Guild Wars 2 separates instanced pvp from the rest of the game and you get to pick whatever stats you want. It lets you experiment with different combinations at the cost of nothing. Say you want to try a weird, unorthodox alacrity spec with a class that does not normally use alacrity, that'd be hugely expensive and time consuming to do in SWTOR.

Not that I think SWTOR will ever give out pvp gear for free. Like someone has mentioned in this thread already; gear is an incentive to keep players subbed. The best we can hope for, in my opinion, is to have the expertise-stat back in the game alongside a purchaseable recruit-gear that's slightly below the end game pvp gear.

csmnstoica
01.22.2019 , 08:13 AM | #20
From a developer point of view having two divergent paths for gear is not good.

Also, some people may like double grinding for two sets of gear but I am not one of them.