How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

Um, Outside of being charged for Makeb. I have not complained about any of the development of the game.

You asked for it:

Bad enough this game is a terrible version of Barbie™ Dress - up and a horrid lag fest. Now lets have Barbie™ Dream House and really kill the servers. No.

Bug fixes in SWTOR?...Surely you jest.:p

I'm still trying to figure out when this game had any real kinda challenge.

People just need to stop. EAware does not care. The same 5 or 6 apologists will continue to defend each and every Action/Non-Action this company makes. This is not a game for gamers, Just a poor excuse for EAWare's attempts at animal husbandry.

I'm praying for a rollback to 15 Dec 2011, When there was still hope for this game.

Not many of the over 2 million subs this game has lost.

Funny that you made that one up ^^^

Yeah, you haven't said a single bad thing except for being charged for Makeb. . . .

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HK-51, Section X, Hypergate

All were added with or after F2P.

Ontop of that, Devs have constantly said they won't put gameplay elements in the CM. I'm much more inclined to believe that than someone who has constantly complained about every aspect of the game and development.

Uh huh...I guess they should define "gameplay elements" huh? Quests? Cut-scenes? Cosmetic alterations? Credits? Where do you think they draw the line with that one?

And not one of your examples is a FP or an Ops - which I believe we won't see again until they can sell it to us.

You asked for it:

Funny that you made that one up ^^^

Yeah, you haven't said a single bad thing except for being charged for Makeb. . . .

So you continue to attempt to derail the thread. By posting out of context comments in an attempt to construe I have had a problem with every aspect of the game. Sad

See, I was with you last summer as we asked those to take a wait and see approach to If we would be charged for Makeb. I waited, I saw, I got charged.:( Just attempting to be a little more proactive this time around.

LOL my friend...... a planet announced as a marketing pitch early in the life of the game got taken as a "patch" by players (and Bioware did nothing to correct the mis-take by players) was later moved into an expansion product of the game. OMG.... the depths of corruption we have uncovered here. :p

Game content very often changes from marketing pitch to live release in MMOs. If this is the best justification for your feelings and distortions about the game and the premise of this thread topic..... I'm thinking MMOs have outlived their useful life for you personally. Then again, I am assuming that MMOs are games and not real life, and that they exist to be consumed and enjoyed for what they offer the consumer. So I really do not understand where speculative suspicions in the absence of actual facts has relevance here.

TL;DR personal opinion =/= fact in this topic. Your entire thread topic is based on your personal opinion presented as fact.

Are you suggesting he made up the "2 million subs lost" part?

He's not...by Biowares own admission. They claimed they had steadied off just under 500k subs - 2.58 million units sold. Easy math.

TUXs, surely you aren't that daft?

2.58 million units =\= 2.58 million subs

That means 2.58 million units sold. That is it. Tell me how many people were subscribed AFTER the included 30 days, and you might have a case. Otherwise, you're making it up. . .

Shush, imo. This is a over reaction to an incorrect perception of what was stated by the developers. All content unless stated otherwise (Makeb) has been free. One member of the development team speaking on the forum does not speak for the Business and will not be informally announcing their business strategy on the forums. The only thing that has been added to the cartel market is fluff and convenience.

Get a sense of perspective imo.

So you continue to attempt to derail the thread. By posting out of context comments in an attempt to construe I have had a problem with every aspect of the game. Sad

You've continually responded SOLELY to troll posts and flamers on this thread. You have no interest in actual discussion.

Or, did you just miss my two original posts? The ones that politely explained my opinion, and the second one that correct misinformation you've been attempting to spew at others?

I'd expect it to be nothing, new content has been promised on a 6-8 week cycle.

Please don't encourage them to try to charge for new stuff which we should get as part of our subscription.

The problem is, the "new content" we're getting is complete crap. Harder tiers of recycled Ops. A repeatable "event" that we've seen like 4 times now and even that is being claimed as "new content". When they bump it to 55, I bet it's the only update for 6-8 weeks.

My point - expect your "free content" to be worthless crap that they can push out in a few hours. Anything "big", expect to pay RL $ for.

That means 2.58 million units sold. That is it. Tell me how many people were subscribed AFTER the included 30 days, and you might have a case. Otherwise, you're making it up. . .

But doesn't purchasing a copy of the game come with a month's subscription and apply subscriber status to the new account? I know mine did, so I think you could call those sales "subscribers" if you wanted.

Kilora, surely you aren't daft enough to think someone shelled out $60+ for a game and didn't install it?

Every player who purchased the game, all 2.58 million, also received a 30-day sub...therefore they were of course SUBSCRIBERS. To think otherwise is just stupid Kilora. Sadly, very few people resubbed - that doesn't exclude them as being subscribers...most people didn't need an additional 30-days to see the game for what it was...a buggy and over hyped P O S.

Edited by TUXs

Think it was 1.6m actual subscribers after the first month (and a bit) of launch (a drop from units sold whatever that number may be at the time), and continued to rapidly lose susbcribers over the 9 or 10 months but also continued to sell units (albeit a low quantity) up to when F2P was launched.

But doesn't purchasing a copy of the game come with a month's subscription and apply subscriber status to the new account? I know mine did, so I think you could call those sales "subscribers" if you wanted.

You absolutely can and BW/EA did.....

That would be purposely skewing the information to inflate numbers.

People who never added a payment, and never paid a penny over the original cost of the Box, should NOT be considered subs. Why? How many of those were gifts that never even logged in? How many never even installed the game?

LOL my friend...... a planet announced as a marketing pitch early in the life of the game got taken as a "patch" by players (and Bioware did nothing to correct the mis-take by players) was later moved into an expansion product of the game. OMG.... the depths of corruption we have uncovered here. :p

Game content very often changes from marketing pitch to live release in MMOs. If this is the best justification for your feelings and distortions about the game and the premise of this thread topic..... I'm thinking MMOs have outlived their useful life for you personally. Then again, I am assuming that MMOs are games and not real life, and that they exist to be consumed and enjoyed for what they offer the consumer. So I really do not understand where speculative suspicions in the absence of actual facts has relevance here.

TL;DR personal opinion =/= fact in this topic. Your entire thread topic is based on your personal opinion presented as fact.

Sadly, History is not on your side. And I quote.

James Ohlen brags, “It is basically the biggest non-expansion pack piece of content that, I think, any online game has ever released at one time. It is a whole planet. I never heard of that being released, um, except in something like an expansion pack. It shows how much we really care about giving our fans what they have been asking for.”

I agree MMO are games not real life. I am just asking if I am gonna be charged more real money.

Kilora, surely you aren't daft enough to think someone shelled out $60+ for a game and didn't install it?

Every player who purchased the game, all 2.58 million, also received a 30-day sub...therefore they were of course SUBSCRIBERS. To think otherwise is just stupid Kilora. Sadly, very few people resubbed - that doesn't exclude them as being subscribers...most people didn't need an additional 30-days to see the game for what it was...a buggy and over hyped P O S.

Jesus, TUXs, who pissed in your cheerios?

Are you stupid enough to think that people don't give gifts? You've NEVER received a gift you never used?

To count all box purchases as Subs is purposely viewing the information in one way to strenghen your argument.

People who never added a payment, and never paid a penny over the original cost of the Box, should NOT be considered subs. Why? How many of those were gifts that never even logged in? How many never even installed the game?

Wow lol! Kilora, just stop. This is the most foolish reply to this topic I've ever seen.

Now it's not good enough to have been a "subscriber", now you are insisting that they should be recurring subscribers?! Why? So you can pretend that this game is better than it is?! Seriously...deal in reality, not your pretend whatever it is. These are REAL numbers...you're asking for something beyond reasonable.

Pfft lol. I've given you the proof. Believe whatever the hell you want lol.

Agreed. You cannot count box sales = subs in MMOs. I have a friend that still has an unopened box for SWTOR on the shelf and has never played the game yet.

Now, EA being a huge seller of boxed/digital-boxed games loves selling boxes. And they will always be proud of box sales and will hype them in their investor communications. But box sales =/= subscriptions in a modern MMO.

And honestly.... a lot of the early players of this game at launch were more likely playing what they considered to be SWTOR3...... to be played, consumed, and set aside for the next boxed game. Simply put, player data numbers for this particular MMO have limited meaning. What counts is does a player enjoy the game and are there enough other players on their server who also enjoy playing the game such that they have an active and thriving server community to play in... seeing as it IS an MMO.

Edited by Andryah

Sadly, History is not on your side. And I quote.

James Ohlen brags, “It is basically the biggest non-expansion pack piece of content that, I think, any online game has ever released at one time. It is a whole planet. I never heard of that being released, um, except in something like an expansion pack. It shows how much we really care about giving our fans what they have been asking for.”

I agree MMO are games not real life. I am just asking if I am gonna be charged more real money.

You're quoting something that stopped having weight long before the release of Makeb. It is a mini expansion whether you like it or not. It's a fact. It is a completely separate issue from your initial question, which also has no weight since it's simply an attack.

The usual people that have overblown the discussion about the usual stuff that has degenerated into the usual pub brawl.

I swear some folks keep subbing just so they can argue in the forums.

Go play the game! :p

Can't bro, our work computers won't run SWTOR :p

Jesus, TUXs, who pissed in your cheerios?

Are you stupid enough to think that people don't give gifts? You've NEVER received a gift you never used?

To count all box purchases as Subs is purposely viewing the information in one way to strenghen your argument.

Except this is a quote regarding the 1st qrtly earnings report and EA's stance on what you are trying to argue against

"A: Active subscribers means anyone paying or in their trial period. "

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Wow lol! Kilora, just stop. This is the most foolish reply to this topic I've ever seen.

Now it's not good enough to have been a "subscriber", now you are insisting that they should be recurring subscribers?! Why? So you can pretend that this game is better than it is?! Seriously...deal in reality, not your pretend whatever it is. These are REAL numbers...you're asking for something beyond reasonable.

Pfft lol. I've given you the proof. Believe whatever the hell you want lol.

No, you are choosing to spew BS and attack me because you are too blind to see the truth.

Anyone who never purchased a sub beyond the initial 30 days could fit into MANY categories.

1.) Never played game.

2.) Left because it wasn't what they thought it would be (KOTOR3)

3.) Left because the game was bad.

YOU, and the people YOU are defending, use it to mean they ALL fit into #3. Which is complete BS. If you'd like to continue lying and being a dick, fine.

I'm asking for reason. You're inflating numbers to prove this game is horrid. You are getting more jaded by the day, and it's time for the two of us to just stop interacting completely.