1000 exp and two shot by operative.

Xevey

As someone who has every class to 50 and geared, I feel objective in saying that hybrid is overpowered.

After strictly only playing full darkness/hybrid for the first oh 80 valor levels (just my measure of time) and now only playing dps I can say how easy the hybrid is and with an exceptional player at the keyboard can out dps our dps specs.

I find it ironic that back when I played my assassin, hybrids got nerfed then darkness spec got OP. Now it seems darkness got nerfed and hybrids got OP again. If only mercs would have been so lucky.

Ah yes I remember the first hybrid build when you did not need lightning charge to proc raze...that was awesome.

Title says it all.

While your leaving a ton of information out I agree with your perseption of being 2 shot.

If I crit my first two attacks on a 1k Exp target it would be somewhere around:

ShootFirst > 5.5K damage

Backblast > 5k damage

Flechette (6 second duration) > 4k

This is a burst Open: flechette, shootfirst, backblast combo.

So a recruit in 14-15k Health can technically be 2 shot, and flechette is the lube. Most people when attacked by Operative/scoundrel just see there health drop so fast 6 seconds can seem like 2 globals.

Technically that's 3 shots and the 3rd is 28% of his health. ;)

Nope it's 2, flechette is not an an attack, and until I can just cast flechette on someone without shootfirst or backblast that won't change.

Flechette benefits 2 scoundrel attacks, like hitting someone with an 8 ounce glove on vs bare fist, it's still only one hit.

Well, if you're going to wait for Flechette Round to wear off you might as well call it a 5-shot., because that's how many GCD's you'll have to wait for.

SF to start, then four more abilities while you wait for Flechette to do all its damage.

Still not close to a 2-shot. And like I said, you're not going to see many 5.5k Shoot Firsts (or 5k Back Blasts) on someone with 1000 expertise. You're talking something like 16-17% mitigation at that level.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Well, if you're going to wait for Flechette Round to wear off you might as well call it a 5-shot., because that's how many GCD's you'll have to wait for.

SF to start, then four more abilities while you wait for Flechette to do all its damage.

Still not close to a 2-shot. And like I said, you're not going to see many 5.5k Shoot Firsts (or 5k Back Blasts) on someone with 1000 expertise. You're talking something like 16-17% mitigation at that level.

I see it almost every day, and you can't compare GCD time to # of attacks. Assassins can use crushing darkness instant on a proc(madness tree) which has an initial hit with a few second dot attack for a total amount of damage...this is still one attack.

Not complaining or suggesting that operatives be nerfed but my sniper did get repeatedly killed by one last night in Alderaan. The kill that surprised me was when I respawned to grass and he popped out of stealth and killed me before I could even move more than a few steps. Seemed a bit much but I was undergeared (only two WH pieces) and no doubt he was well-geared.

Again, not complaining. The operative and my sniper played a cat and mouse game for the entire WZ. I was solo guarding grass. He would pop out of stealth and try to burst me but he could not take me down if I was in cover with my defensive cooldowns. I used my flame turret and other AOE abilities to sniff him out and prevent stealth/CC caps. I always survived long enough to call inc and get backup which is all I needed to do. We kept the node and won the WZ.

It was actually lots of fun even though I died every time (sacrifice for keeping the node) but that one kill where he took me down immediately after I respawned seemed a bit much.

Not complaining or suggesting that operatives be nerfed but my sniper did get repeatedly killed by one last night in Alderaan. The kill that surprised me was when I respawned to grass and he popped out of stealth and killed me before I could even move more than a few steps. Seemed a bit much but I was undergeared (only two WH pieces) and no doubt he was well-geared.

Again, not complaining. The operative and my sniper played a cat and mouse game for the entire WZ. I was solo guarding grass. He would pop out of stealth and try to burst me but he could not take me down if I was in cover with my defensive cooldowns. I used my flame turret and other AOE abilities to sniff him out and prevent stealth/CC caps. I always survived long enough to call inc and get backup which is all I needed to do. We kept the node and won the WZ.

It was actually lots of fun even though I died every time (sacrifice for keeping the node) but that one kill where he took me down immediately after I respawned seemed a bit much.

Maybe he had the WZ buff.

After strictly only playing full darkness/hybrid for the first oh 80 valor levels (just my measure of time) and now only playing dps I can say how easy the hybrid is and with an exceptional player at the keyboard can out dps our dps specs.

Which unfortunately also makes it the only viable tank choice for rateds.