Heroic 2+: Rakghoul Release

I wanted to give some feedback on this heroic quest because it is tuned up way to hard IMO, in fact it is harder than anything else on Taris, by far IMO....

2+ IMO gives the impression that it COULD be done solo with companion, I tried this with my Jedi Guardian at L22 and again at L24 and it was flat out undoable solo...I then went in again with 2 other L20+ players and 1 companion @ L24, others were a Jedi Sentinel and Guardian L22 I think and we were able to complete it but it was not a cakewalk by any means...

The problem I see with this heroic quest is the mobs hit ridiculously hard, harder than ANY other mob I have encountered to date....

Trying it solo, I could have my companion tank 1 and I could take down 1 of them and about 1/3 to 1/2 on the other before dying, and that is using saber ward, medpac etc...

I think this heroic needs to be tuned down, heck I 2-manned Total Elimination a 4+ heroic with a trooper and it was FAR easier to do than 3-manning this 2+ heroic, something is amiss here don't you think?

As far as my guardian goes, I have had VERY little trouble with any (heoric or otherwise)mobs to date, UNTIL I encountered this heroic, and I have kept my gear up to date, in fact all through Taris it has been betetr than any reward I have gotten so far....and I have used commendation to upgrade to best mods offered...

Hopefully you check into this heroic and adjust it, 2+ hreoice SHOULD be able to be done solo with a companion, particularly if you are a few levels above the mobs, and that clearly is not the case...either that or change it to a 4+ heroic and leave as is....

Couldn't disagree more. There is enough solo-able content in this game and most of it is way too easy because players can easily out-level the zones (er... folks can correct me on that if they do not have this problem).

If anything I think Heroic 2 missions should necessitate 2 players (so 4 characters) to complete them.

Couldn't disagree more. There is enough solo-able content in this game and most of it is way too easy because players can easily out-level the zones (er... folks can correct me on that if they do not have this problem).

If anything I think Heroic 2 missions should necessitate 2 players (so 4 characters) to complete them.

This isn't about solo-able content...it is that this particular 2+ heroic is tuned too high for what it implies...2 players w\companion or possible 1 player with companion....

I did both Nightfall and Mutations, which are 2+ heroic end world content on Taris Solo with Kira and had little problems....I expect trying to solo a 2+ heroic to be potentially challenging\difficult...however the point of my post was that the Rakghoul Release 2+ heroic is flat out undoable with solo & companion and possibly with 2+ players and companions.....I finished this heroic with 2 other players AND 1 companion and there were some deaths and it was not easy....

My point is either properly label this as a 4+ heroic, which in its current state is what it essentially is or tune down some of the damage, specifically the stacking damage that the rakghouls give to fit it properly as a 2+ heroic....

Unless Bioware states differently, and they have not as far as I am aware, a 2+ heroic should be doable BUT challenging to a solo player w\companion....Same goes for a 4+ heroic, doable but challenging for 2 players w\companions....and all of the other 4+ heroics and other 2+ heroics on Taris accurately reflect that philosophy, this quest does not...

Edited by Rafaelan

• 1 month later...
Well, it wasn't exactly easy, did with me, lvl 22 Sentinel, and a lvl 20 Sage without healing abilities. We died pretty much once every fight. Might have been flawed tactics, but I don't think you should need a whole lot of thinking when it's a +2 Heroic. And I imagine it must be easier for a healer with a companion, but I may be wrong. But the bastards really do pack a punch like a T-rex on steroids.

Soloed it on my sage and scoundrel.

Taris heroic quests are quite a ramp up from in difficulty from previous stuff.

If you dont have CC you cant do any of heroic 4 stuff even with 4 players - burst damage is just too much.

OTOH you can 2 man those if you have 2 CCs.

I solo'd it at 20 as a scoundrel, no real issues. Just spammed heals on Corso without letting the energy levels get too low. Took a while, no idea how long, but I did it in the end.

imo the hardest heroic I've come by so far is Not Afraid Enough at level 47. I tried this with 2 level 50s and their healing companion. So far we wiped 3 times, they said they tried it with another guildie days ago and they wiped several times too and never completed it. I still have the mission. One guildie confirmed they completed it with a full team and that it was a very very close call and everyone had to be on their toes.

This is a guess, but I'm thinking the 2+ means, 2 players plus their companions. In other words, your companion doesn't really count a second extra player.

What this wise man said. It is true there are easier Heroic 2+ quests than this particular one but there's really no need to nerf it so it becomes soloable.

Most Heroic 2+ are soloable if you can CC one of the mobs, but this does not account for the fact that different classes have limitations on what they can CC. For example Shadow/Assassins can't CC droids, so a 3Xstrong droids would be very hard to solo. Anyone who can CC a droid would have no problem. For classes that have generic CC (Merc/Sor), the Heroic 2+ are easy. For other classes, you've to hope the heroic features stuff you can CC. And if you don't have a CC, you can forget soloing them at an appropriate level.

I wanted to give some feedback on this heroic quest because it is tuned up way to hard IMO, in fact it is harder than anything else on Taris, by far IMO....

2+ IMO gives the impression that it COULD be done solo with companion, I tried this with my Jedi Guardian at L22 and again at L24 and it was flat out undoable solo...I then went in again with 2 other L20+ players and 1 companion @ L24, others were a Jedi Sentinel and Guardian L22 I think and we were able to complete it but it was not a cakewalk by any means...

The problem I see with this heroic quest is the mobs hit ridiculously hard, harder than ANY other mob I have encountered to date....

Trying it solo, I could have my companion tank 1 and I could take down 1 of them and about 1/3 to 1/2 on the other before dying, and that is using saber ward, medpac etc...

I think this heroic needs to be tuned down, heck I 2-manned Total Elimination a 4+ heroic with a trooper and it was FAR easier to do than 3-manning this 2+ heroic, something is amiss here don't you think?

As far as my guardian goes, I have had VERY little trouble with any (heoric or otherwise)mobs to date, UNTIL I encountered this heroic, and I have kept my gear up to date, in fact all through Taris it has been betetr than any reward I have gotten so far....and I have used commendation to upgrade to best mods offered...

Hopefully you check into this heroic and adjust it, 2+ hreoice SHOULD be able to be done solo with a companion, particularly if you are a few levels above the mobs, and that clearly is not the case...either that or change it to a 4+ heroic and leave as is....

Considering that many mobs are very easy to beat, it's nice to have a challenging mission where we die multiple times trying to reach something.

This isn't about solo-able content...it is that this particular 2+ heroic is tuned too high for what it implies...2 players w\companion or possible 1 player with companion....

I did both Nightfall and Mutations, which are 2+ heroic end world content on Taris Solo with Kira and had little problems....I expect trying to solo a 2+ heroic to be potentially challenging\difficult...however the point of my post was that the Rakghoul Release 2+ heroic is flat out undoable with solo & companion and possibly with 2+ players and companions.....I finished this heroic with 2 other players AND 1 companion and there were some deaths and it was not easy....

My point is either properly label this as a 4+ heroic, which in its current state is what it essentially is or tune down some of the damage, specifically the stacking damage that the rakghouls give to fit it properly as a 2+ heroic....

Unless Bioware states differently, and they have not as far as I am aware, a 2+ heroic should be doable BUT challenging to a solo player w\companion....Same goes for a 4+ heroic, doable but challenging for 2 players w\companions....and all of the other 4+ heroics and other 2+ heroics on Taris accurately reflect that philosophy, this quest does not...

2+ does not mean 1 player and a companion. It means 2 players and their companions should be able to do it. Accept this.