STATS in Level Locked Content NOT WORKING

Lok-on

All items that give a primary stat (mastery, stamina, power) increase DO NOT WORK in any content that lowers your current level to 70, this includes stims, adrenals, relics, and AUGMENTS (only the critical, alacrity, absorb, shield, and accuracy stats work). So the only place where said items work are The Nature of Progress, Onderon, Mek-sha, and Objective Meridian. For a quick example the new 74 augments are selling for 100's of millions of credits, compared to advanced 45 augment selling for 100-200k r only slightly better for level locked content:

Advanced Alacrity Augment 74 rating 286

+144 Endurance (NOT WORKING IN LEVEL LOCKED)

+144 Power (NOT WORKING IN LEVEL LOCKED)

+108 Alacrity

Advanced Alacrity Augment 45 rating 228

+65 Endurance (NOT WORKING IN LEVEL LOCKED)

+96 Alacrity

So Its a difference of 12 alacrity in level locked content in this example, this has been tested by comparing stats of a augmented character vs a un-augmented character before entering veteran hammer station and after.

I would like to know if this is intended as it fundamentally changes the way one should gear optimally for different content (based on what level it scales you too).

Edited by Lok-on

That's great,I've spent hundreds of millions of creds and this stuff is broken.Teested and confirmed in guild runs thru flashpoints.Did Carl the Janitor take the week off?

It's not broken.(1) Level Sync has always worked the way you describe, ever since it was first released. If your level is synced down(2):

* Endurance, Power and Mastery are clipped to preset values that depend on the planet you're on.

* There is some speculation that Health is also clipped to a preset rather than being calculated from the clipped Endurance.

* Other stats are not affected.

And yes, this means that if you are running primarily synced content, then yes, the EPMH stats given by augments, top-tier gear, and stims (e.g. Versatile) are "wasted". But it has meant that ever since 4.0 was released four years ago.

(1) It's not the way you want it to be, but it is working the way they meant it to work, therefore it's not, as such, broken.

(2) Even if you're level 18, say, on Coruscant or Dromund Kaas, where you are synced down by only one level.

And yes, this means that if you are running primarily synced content, then yes, the EPMH stats given by augments, top-tier gear, and stims (e.g. Versatile) are "wasted". But it has meant that ever since 4.0 was released four years ago.

I feel I should add one thing here. I haven't played much since 6.0 dropped, but I believe the complaint is sparked by there being more content that's synced, and in particular, a lot of now synced content wasn't synced before 6.0 dropped, so that we *notice* the clipping oddity more than in the past.

That is, the complaint *should* be more like this: "Why is there so much more synced content now that wasn't synced before?"

I don't disagree that this is always how level sync has work however this is the first time that the majority of endgame content (fps and ops) have scaled you down instead of to max level making it much more noticeable. And though it may not be broken per say it definitely seems like a design oversight with making the majority of content sync to level 70 rendering a lot of items useless.

The issue applies specifically to Flashpoints and Operations as of 6.0 minus the brand new content.

In 5.0 all group content, including everything from before, was scaled UP to level 70. Bioware felt that rescaling all that content UP to level 75 in Onslaught, however, was too much work. Instead, they decided to scale Level 75 characters DOWN, which results in stat-capping. To quote Eric directly...

The idea behind this scaling tech is that we are trying to avoid some of the pitfalls from previous expansions. By re-leveling them to max level, we effectively have to rebalance them all over again. This creates some obvious issues where FPs and Ops can quickly become too easy, or too hard. The goal of applying this scaling tech is that it will allow us to leverage the original balance that for this content.

-eric

In essence, Bioware has max-capped certain non-tertiary stats. This creates a situation where what is BiS for the brand new 6.0 content is not BiS for pre-6.0 content.

Yes, it sucks (see, I'm not a White Knight). Eric's last sentence is corporate spin for, "we don't have the staff to retune all the old content."

They did, however, do some tuning on the PTS when some people thought FPs were initially too easy. Point being -- there is hope for a change.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

So if I get it right,only the new flashpoint and operation really benefit from the crafting I am doing.Shame on me for thinking crafting was going to be a thing 6.0.

No, you get a buff called Veteran's Edge based on your ilvl.

At 306, you get 30 stacks of it, and it increases all of your stats more.

So while you're downscaled, your stats still scale up with higher ilvl.

So if I get it right,only the new flashpoint and operation really benefit from the crafting I am doing.Shame on me for thinking crafting was going to be a thing 6.0.

Depends on what you craft. Your stims \ adrenals \ medpacks \ relics will still be useful and can make you decent credits especially now when few people can craft them. Just don't focus on primary stats.

• 5 months later...
Defense is not a primary stat, so you can stack it up as high as you want to. It gives very little increases after you pass 3-4k of defense, but since you cannot really improve your power or mastery or endurance, little increase is better than no increase.

Intended, yes.

Stupid that "endgame" now consists of level 75 scaled down to 70? Also yes in my opinion.

If they can't make new content while simultaneously being unable to rebalance content every time they raise a level cap, they shouldn't raise the level cap. The downscaling in supposed endgame content is stupid nearly beyond my comprehension.

• 3 months later...

KendaP

I totally agree with you. Once I realized this was how the system worked I wasnt happy. hah I can literally strip my character naked, remove stims, and remove my HP buff and my HP and Power remains the SAME. How disheartening is that, to know that your gear and time is worthless, that the area you are fighting in is the only thing that determines your power and hp. This MMO lost tons of immersion with that. A simple way to fix this would be to use EQ2s system. dont put arbitrary caps on attributes, just scale them down by percentages based on level scaled to. That way, if I put on a new piece of armor with 100 endurance, I had least see my hp go up even if it is a little, instead of remaining static.

Sorry for the necro... but.....

I assume "defense" would fall into the "primary stats" category here then and would be capped ? But not shield & absorb they'd be OK to keep stacking ?

That's what alot of dps tend to do with "level 70" sets, they add tanking mods, since their power stat would of been capped anyways. So the relics/implants/earpiece and enhancements are still crit/alacrity, and they gain defense without actually losing anything. They make sure those enhancements are low on power and higher on the secondary stats too, so those percentages will be higher then on a proper level 75 set of gear.

It's a completely dumb system. Your character doesn't feel the same going from a mid level planet to a raid or to one of the new planets, and naturally on the flip side of that, people are getting better stats in lowered content and an advantage they don't nessisarily deserve.

Like I said in another thread, just make everything max level, and stop raising levels with every "expansion". Go the ESO route, it makes all the content valid and all characters able to game together regardless.

yeah i noticed this crap lvl synced when my char was lvl 10 with 2500 hp then i hit lvl 11 and my hp was now 2200 lmao i lost 300 hitpoints from just 1 lvl on the starter planet.....honestly the system sucks

That's a *different* problem - the synced values are *below* what is trivially achievable with gear (and not even "toppest" gear) that you can wear *at* the synced-to level, and yes, it's not good. A full set of level 10 greens should give lower EMPH stats than the synced-to-10 stat caps(1) on starter worlds, or more accurately, the stat caps should be higher than those greens.

What really sucks, though, is that almost all content is synced, except the pieces of Onslaught and the Meridian Complex FP and the Dxun Operation.

(1) Power is set to a specific value rather than being capped, but that doesn't change the argument. No matter what gear you have equipped (even none at all), your Power will be 3929 in the open world on Zakuul.