highest dps parse WITHOUT BT

TwistedTony

idk, I was talking about it with guildies yesterday and we all agreed that we were fine with maras/snipers being the highest DPS. They can't do anything else, and bring either group buffs, or armor debuff as their utility. Every other class (aside from maybe the operative... poor guys) has better utility for when sh*t goes bad.

Huh? Snipers/Gunslingers and Marauders/Sentinels have some of the BEST utlility powers in my mind when considering a boss fight. I play as Guardian. What do I bring to the table that other classes can't? Armor Debuff? GS/Snipers, Commandos/Mercs, Guardians/Jugg tanks can all do that. Taunt? Any tanking advanced class can do that. I wish I had a utility power half as useful as Inspiration/Transcendence/Scramble Field.

idk, I was talking about it with guildies yesterday and we all agreed that we were fine with maras/snipers being the highest DPS. They can't do anything else, and bring either group buffs, or armor debuff as their utility. Every other class (aside from maybe the operative... poor guys) has better utility for when sh*t goes bad.

It's not marauders and sents bring the highest that bugs me, it's the 200 dps gap between some of the classes

But I guess it's fair, marauders and snipers do around 2100, powertechs and Mercs do 2000, jugs, sins, sorc, do 1900. And yeah who knows what's going on with operatives. Too bad, I'd love to make one but Idc to heal

Huh? Snipers/Gunslingers and Marauders/Sentinels have some of the BEST utlility powers in my mind when considering a boss fight. I play as Guardian. What do I bring to the table that other classes can't? Armor Debuff? GS/Snipers, Commandos/Mercs, Guardians/Jugg tanks can all do that. Taunt? Any tanking advanced class can do that. I wish I had a utility power half as useful as Inspiration/Transcendence/Scramble Field.

Before my jugg became a MT, I used to play as veng DPS and I can't even count how many times my off taunt would save the raid because unlike the other two tank AC's, Jugg dps have an insta stance switch, an incredible defensive CD that lets them handle even kephess NiM long enough to get a tank back up... Etc. for that reason, our guild will always have one in main raid.

I've been looking at that parse, with no adrenals etc etc. It almost seems to me as if an armor debuff was present, as even with an absolutely perfect carnage rotation, with no armor debuff you will cap at around 2150 +- 30 or so assuming BiS and CD's/BT. I know that Vexo can't be better than a Sim, as his rotation follows that same sim's exactly. Using an armor debuff, I could easily reach that number without adrenals or a BThirst, as its not a question of skill at this point as i've already achieved within the margin of error of the spec's best sim damage. (The same damage range that the best mara's/sents are hitting, I have a difficult time believing that Vexo would be 100+ dps higher than any other mara/sent in the world).

http://www.torparse.com/a/98355/time/1358133486/1358133796/0/Damage+Dealt

Failing that, I could assume that he simply edited out using bloodthirst from his log, its very simple to do (You literally ctrl+f and remove the pertinent lines... lol).

Either way, Im gonna have to call BS on a 2150 parse without any BT or even adrenal when he had prior to that never even posted a full CD parse above 2200.

I know it may be a little offtopic, but its really important for me ;) So here's my problem - i'm almost BIS now, missing 4 armorings and offhand hilt. The problem is, that the highest dummy parse i could manage was about 1800 - when i see marauders scoring over 2100 i simply feel jealous :p Could you take a look at my gear/rotation etc. and tell me what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it? I'm running out of ideas ;)

http://www.torparse.com/a/87681 - dummy fight

http://www.torparse.com/a/87671 - hardmode TFB run

http://www.torparse.com/a/89477 - Nightmare Pilgrim kill (+Gargath and Snowblind, yes i was tanking them :p)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/74061ccf-e020-4759-ae24-0f45f3bea7b4 - mr. Robot

Edited by DokoPL

I know it may be a little offtopic, but its really important for me ;) So here's my problem - i'm almost BIS now, missing 4 armorings and offhand hilt. The problem is, that the highest dummy parse i could manage was about 1800 - when i see marauders scoring over 2100 i simply feel jealous :p Could you take a look at my gear/rotation etc. and tell me what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it? I'm running out of ideas ;)

http://www.torparse.com/a/87681 - dummy fight

http://www.torparse.com/a/87671 - hardmode TFB run

http://www.torparse.com/a/89477 - Nightmare Pilgrim kill (+Gargath and Snowblind, yes i was tanking them :p)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/74061ccf-e020-4759-ae24-0f45f3bea7b4 - mr. Robot

Few things stick out to me right off the get-go:

1) Wrong spec. For max DPS you should be 31/3/7 (DW Mastery, Ravager, Malice, Brutality). Narrowed Hatred is pretty much a complete waste for Annihilation to take. If you're going to spec up in the Carnage tree, it should be to Defensive Roll for fights with lower DPS requirements and higher raid damage taken. Even within the Anni tree, you waste points on things like Seeping Wound (PVP talent, should take Enraged Charge instead for more Rage generation).

2) Slightly low APM. Because Deadly Saber and Berserk are off GCD, 42-43 APM is about where an Anni Marauder realistically should sit, due to latency, etc. Carnage should be at/above 45 ideally. Low APM = lost DPS.

3) Drastic underuse of Force Charge. It's your second best Rage generator besides Battering Assault, and reduces the number of GCDs wasted on Assault. Resulting in...

4) Drastic overuse of Assault. Assault does terrible DPS and generates little Rage. It's filler for when both Charge and Battering Assault are on CD and you need Rage.

5) Rotation issues. You opened with Charge + DS > Battering > Annihilate > Rupture > Ravage. That throws away a Pulverize proc opportunity and sets you off on the wrong foot on every parse (every Anni dummy parse that doesn't proc Pulverize on the first Anni is 30-50 points lower than it would otherwise be). Annihilate is used WAY less often than it should be, which costs you a huge pile of DPS. It should always be used on CD if at all possible.

Gotta dash, but those immediately stick out and explain why your DPS is so low.

@Omophorus, thanks a lot for advices, will try them out and post another parse in like 5-6 days (this week i'm not able to play due to personal reasons).

I've updated mr. robot with the new spec based on your tips. I'll swap assault with charge on my ability bar - it should force me to use it more frequently - and try to use anni more often (according to my calculations i could activate it 43-44 times instead of 40). The other thing I noticed is that i should use berserk way more often, i just forget about it - will try to fix it, dunno yet how though ;)

The proper opening rotation should be Charge -> DS -> Battering -> Rupture -> Anni -> Ravage? Correct me if I'm wrong.

About the gear - i'm considering swaping one of adept enhancements (power + surge) with acute one (crit + acc), as i have now 3% less accuracy than before due to spec changes. You think it's a good idea?

Edited by DokoPL

I've been looking at that parse, with no adrenals etc etc. It almost seems to me as if an armor debuff was present, as even with an absolutely perfect carnage rotation, with no armor debuff you will cap at around 2150 +- 30 or so assuming BiS and CD's/BT. I know that Vexo can't be better than a Sim, as his rotation follows that same sim's exactly. Using an armor debuff, I could easily reach that number without adrenals or a BThirst, as its not a question of skill at this point as i've already achieved within the margin of error of the spec's best sim damage. (The same damage range that the best mara's/sents are hitting, I have a difficult time believing that Vexo would be 100+ dps higher than any other mara/sent in the world).

Failing that, I could assume that he simply edited out using bloodthirst from his log, its very simple to do (You literally ctrl+f and remove the pertinent lines... lol).

Either way, Im gonna have to call BS on a 2150 parse without any BT or even adrenal when he had prior to that never even posted a full CD parse above 2200.

So wait u actually did a simulation of a best in slot marauder?

@Omophorus, thanks a lot for advices, will try them out and post another parse in like 5-6 days (this week i'm not able to play due to personal reasons).

I've updated mr. robot with the new spec based on your tips. I'll swap assault with charge on my ability bar - it should force me to use it more frequently - and try to use anni more often (according to my calculations i could activate it 43-44 times instead of 40). The other thing I noticed is that i should use berserk way more often, i just forget about it - will try to fix it, dunno yet how though ;)

The proper opening rotation should be Charge -> DS -> Battering -> Rupture -> Anni -> Ravage? Correct me if I'm wrong.

About the gear - i'm considering swaping one of adept enhancements (power + surge) with acute one (crit + acc), as i have now 3% less accuracy than before due to spec changes. You think it's a good idea?

You'll want to have 99%+ of melee accuracy. That'll probably be two accuracy enhancements

Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. Just here to ask, why are you always talking about editing logs, you seem to know alot about editing logs, i bet you edit yours all the time. see on thing you should know about myself and vexo is we dont need to edit our logs, reason why we pull numbers that make you guys ***** out your brains is because instead of running simulators, or our fingers all over the keyboard warrioring it up, we actually do our rotations and do dps. so do us all a favor justin timberlake and dont cry us a river.

#RealLife

Swapping things around on your bars is going to cause some trouble with your muscle memory initially, so be prepared for that. You will make mistakes until you're not thinking about any changed keybinds.

Try putting your Fury buffs into a position where they are in your field of view during normal play. When you see Berserk light up, you'll know that it's available for use.

Opener... the standard opener is exactly that Charge + DS > BA > Rupture > Anni > Ravage. If you proc Pulverize on Anni, your next moves are Rupture > Assault. If you don't, you'll generally use 2x Assault unless you got really lucky on bleeds proc'ing extra Rage from Empowerment.

For Annihilation, I wouldn't bother going past 100% Accuracy at current gear tiers. At best, 25% of our damage comes from our offhand (and it's really less, as neither bleeds from Anni nor Ataru strikes from Carnage involve our offhand in any way), so you have to scale Accuracy gains past 100% by that percentage to get an accurate picture of the real increase in DPS. At worst, 30% of our damage is coming from crits (over a large sample size, since all PVE builds have a lower bound of around 30% crit rate), so 1% vs 1%, Crit multiplier is better than Accuracy once Accuracy hits 100%.

There does reach a tipping point where sufficiently high Surge rating leads to such small incremental gains that you're better off with Accuracy, but you pretty much have to be in full Dread Guard and spec'd Carnage for that to even be under consideration.

Edited by Omophorus

Its like Jersey shore up in this b*tch.

Why are you nerds comparing dps on a dummy? Get your Warstalker titles and you will matter.

Sad to say, but all 3 of the maras with the highest parses here have had their warstalker titles for a while now. I actually have it on all 3 of my imperial 50's as of yesterday.

Here is 2104 DPS with no bloodthirst, btw.

Still uses adrenals/relic though. I really don't see any way to get much higher than that without a BT.

http://www.torparse.com/a/104084/time/1358645948/1358646232/0/Overview

Edited by IAmViiOLENT

why are so many upset over 200dps behind?

Cuz that's a 5% gap, and if all classes are within 5% of each other, that would mean jugs are at the bottom of the pecking order. Gap should be equal amongst EVERY class with the exception of 100 more for snipers and marauders. At pt tho shouldn't be doing equal damage with a marauder tho, that's crap

Its like Jersey shore up in this b*tch.

Why are you nerds comparing dps on a dummy? Get your Warstalker titles and you will matter.

Are you seriously waving a warstalker title in a thread full of fully geared marauders in guilds that raid regularly?

Not being a rookie is the price of admission to even get close to the parses being discussed...

Go get a room and go "love" yourself over your warstalker title while the grownups talk. M'kay?

Edited by planet_J