So what happened ?

DavidAtkinson

I've been here since around 2015 march when we had 3.0 and it seems like this game is just going downhill as years pass without any hope of improvement...

No idea what happened but it looks like this team is unable to release any content without breaking the game... We've had problematic patches in the past too but what is happening lately is just too much now and I don't understand what happened that this game turned into a giant mess... :(

I've been here since around 2015 march when we had 3.0 and it seems like this game is just going downhill as years pass without any hope of improvement...

No idea what happened but it looks like this team is unable to release any content without breaking the game... We've had problematic patches in the past too but what is happening lately is just too much now and I don't understand what happened that this game turned into a giant mess... :(

A couple of guesses.

1. EAware gutted funding since 3.0

2. Ben Irving up to 5.0

3. Resources moved to Anthem

4. Keith trying to come to grips with the mess the game was already in and not enough resources to fix it

5. Trying to understand and update the old systems in the game that inadvertently cause the bugs when they change something.

6..... it’s probably a bit of all of the above.

I don’t know how you stop it happening when they are working under those conditions. I do hope that a lot of work for 6.0 is being focused on fixing these systems or replacing/updating what they can so they don’t interfere and cause unforeseen bugs in the future.

I really think they need more resources and funding to have the time and experience on the team to fix all the current bugs and test more for the new ones before they release changes or content.

Ideally they’d just make swtor 2 and be able to start again with a proper game engine instead of trying to build on top of the Frankenstein mess of system. Every patch is like a game of Jenga or a house of cards. What change will be too much and make the whole thing come crashing down.

A couple of guesses.

1. EAware gutted funding since 3.0

2. Ben Irving up to 5.0

3. Resources moved to Anthem

4. Keith trying to come to grips with the mess the game was already in and not enough resources to fix it

5. Trying to understand and update the old systems in the game that inadvertently cause the bugs when they change something.

6..... it’s probably a bit of all of the above.

I only need one to explain the last 7 1/2 years.

1. EA: It's in the game.