Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Hearts and Minds!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Hearts and Minds!

IoNonSoEVero
06.11.2019 , 09:45 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Exactly!
My Trooper hasn't spoken to Aric since that goodbye scene all the LIs got that was basically just a generic one.
All the LIs who are gated by death or class specific -- which is all but Lana now are bricked except (thank the stars) for Theron. Its getting old fast. I've a bunch of toons still at the end of their class stories because all they have is a 2 min scene with their LIs which isn't enough for me to spend hours on them to get to. I'd gladly take them through those hours for some significant interactions. Seems to me like a waste that people could be happily playing and replaying if they would just give their LIs some attention to make it worthwhile repeating content.
Yes, and not just the LIs. I love Lana and she's my characters' LI but I do wish there were more people in the story the way there was in KOTFE. None of my characters is romancing Vette or Mako, but I'd still like to hear from them from time to time. I feel like I got all these Alliance Alerts and saved all these characters to have them sit in my roster doing nothing.

At least during Hearts & Minds when they mentioned Shae Vizla and Paxton Rall they were acknowledging other characters existed. But it's sad when there's such a lack of character involvement that you notice such a thing.

It's also made it really hard to even think about getting attached to any of the new characters that have come in, like Major Anri, because I fully expect they're just going to be killed off and pulled away from the players' stories like the rest of them.

OlBuzzard
06.11.2019 , 09:56 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Yes, and not just the LIs. I love Lana and she's my characters' LI but I do wish there were more people in the story the way there was in KOTFE. None of my characters is romancing Vette or Mako, but I'd still like to hear from them from time to time. I feel like I got all these Alliance Alerts and saved all these characters to have them sit in my roster doing nothing.

At least during Hearts & Minds when they mentioned Shae Vizla and Paxton Rall they were acknowledging other characters existed. But it's sad when there's such a lack of character involvement that you notice such a thing.

It's also made it really hard to even think about getting attached to any of the new characters that have come in, like Major Anri, because I fully expect they're just going to be killed off and pulled away from the players' stories like the rest of them.
IMO ... it's all about connecting varrious characters (in this case companions) or other significant contacts back into the story. BTW... good point about how the Mando's are riding shot gun with the alliance as a result of Shae...

Again... IMO that somewhat short but still VERY effective interlude of Hearts and Minds was one of the better pieces that BW has done tieing up loose ends in a while.

Give credit where credit is due! I personally would love to see a lot more of these types of productions.. AND maybe even MORE of what is needed with companions. Tie these together and work it with the new up coming story ... WOW !

Bring it !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IoNonSoEVero
06.11.2019 , 10:07 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
IMO ... it's all about connecting varrious characters (in this case companions) or other significant contacts back into the story. BTW... good point about how the Mando's are riding shot gun with the alliance as a result of Shae...

Again... IMO that somewhat short but still VERY effective interlude of Hearts and Minds was one of the better pieces that BW has done tieing up loose ends in a while.

Give credit where credit is due! I personally would love to see a lot more of these types of productions.. AND maybe even MORE of what is needed with companions. Tie these together and work it with the new up coming story ... WOW !

Bring it !
It's been a couple of years like this now. One can't blame players for feeling frustrated that the companions they saved are so silent. They haven't done a good job thus far of even tying characters in where their involvement would be germane to the story. Case in point Koth should have been apoplectic in Nathema because he spends most of KOTFE and KOTET going on about the Gravestone as 'his' ship, but he's nowhere to be found even in the background when there's an important incident with the Gravestone.

Hearts & Minds and the letters after Ossus are good steps in the right direction, and it would be nice if they'd have more of these little interludes to help keep the story going even when there's not much other story content. However, I think we need more than one example before most people will feel more confident that they will see their companions again.

MandFlurry
06.11.2019 , 10:43 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by witchglove View Post
I didn't see a feedback thread for the 5.10.3 Alliance mission Hearts and Minds (other than a few bug reports and questions), so I thought I'd make one. I hadn't expected any Alliance or companion-related content in this update, so I was thrilled to get an update on the Alliance and my moment in the spotlight - thanks Bioware, for giving us story-lovers a fun moment!

Specific feedback in spoiler tags:
Spoiler

Story and -companion lovers, if you were as happy as I was (overall) to get some fun and unexpected content in this update, help me let Bioware know!
Yeah, the Devs did a good job with Hearts and minds. I just wished to God we could have so much more story, but i know Bioware doesn't have the resources. I just hope someday soon they can :/
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

OlBuzzard
06.12.2019 , 06:50 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
It's been a couple of years like this now. One can't blame players for feeling frustrated that the companions they saved are so silent. They haven't done a good job thus far of even tying characters in where their involvement would be germane to the story. Case in point Koth should have been apoplectic in Nathema because he spends most of KOTFE and KOTET going on about the Gravestone as 'his' ship, but he's nowhere to be found even in the background when there's an important incident with the Gravestone.

Hearts & Minds and the letters after Ossus are good steps in the right direction, and it would be nice if they'd have more of these little interludes to help keep the story going even when there's not much other story content. However, I think we need more than one example before most people will feel more confident that they will see their companions again.
This is will be one of my last notes on any thing for a while. I'm about to unplug this gadget and take it to the shop for some serious upgrades:

I agree with you 100% on this matter. In fact I'll take it one step further...

If companions continue the "block of wood" or "brick" format that has been used for some time now.. players will get the message and once again we will see an additional decline in active subs. It's just that simple.

I played WoW for years... then left there when this game first came out. I was active here for YEARS ! Even during the 2 year absence I kept my sub active ... and kept the game itself updated. I would only come to play once in a great while... and frankly due to content I lost interest. I returned to WoW during those 2 years.

Why is this important? Simple. Two reasons lead to me leaving WoW.
1. The latest move regarding content and gear ... Frankly a few months ago WoW just got to be something I hated. So I began to make preperations to look for another game.
2. Companions: WoW companions are jsut about like SWTOR is right now ... Bricks.. or real blocks of wood! About the only thing you heard from ( human warrior ) companions were a grunt from a rediculous flea bag .. or the latest: another drunken dwarf " want to have a pint ?" ( I believe that was correct ).

Sound familiar? Content ? Companions that frankly do little more than what??? Seriously ? If I'm spending that kind of time on a game... there REALLY needs to be a GOOD reason to do so.

Poor content ? Little Content ? Little or no gear .. (or as of late: repeated over and over and over the SAME gear drops every day for a week) ...

BAD Companions .. or just blocks of wood ?? Bricks ???

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZ

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

OldVengeance
06.13.2019 , 01:59 AM | #66
I still haven't taken my Sith Warrior through the mission, I've heard it's buggy when it comes to Koth. Does he always show up, or is that a bug that only sometimes triggers?

kodrac
06.13.2019 , 07:12 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I still haven't taken my Sith Warrior through the mission, I've heard it's buggy when it comes to Koth. Does he always show up, or is that a bug that only sometimes triggers?
Spoiler
Supposedly a fix is in the works.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

OldVengeance
06.14.2019 , 12:17 PM | #68
I tested out the beginning of the mission and found that banished Theron and killed Koth are both correctly absent from the meeting. The Paxton Rall bug apparently affects every character, though.