Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is your opinion about Dantooine?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is your opinion about Dantooine?

Duck_of_Death
06.05.2019 , 01:50 AM | #21
Meh...
We are nearing Makeb level of annoying mobs and no reachable rewards for fun ( ie. non annoying grind) play. SWTOR is heading in a wrong direction. Except for a few HC whiners nobody needs H4, especially without them being in groupfinder.
...und keine weiteren Fragen.

Nemmar
06.05.2019 , 01:55 AM | #22
It was fine.

No Ossus, but alright for an event. The decorations are cool, but the armor sets a bit disappointing.

Soloing the heroics was a nice challenge. Very entertaining.
The Performance though, was very bad. Was getting aggressive FPS drops i don't get anywhere else. It needs better optimization.

The new story developments were short but very exciting though.

TheCardinal
06.05.2019 , 03:20 AM | #23
went to the event on an alt, tried a couple.... ended up with.... NEVER..

Left.

That sums it up for me.

Update.

Went back on the main char, what a disaster......
Tried 1 H2. left half way in, did half of the "daily" ones.
Going back.... NEVER.

Ossus, ANY day of the WEEK,
Cardinal / Sweden
Icarus Corporation

http://www.c-system.se/swg/cardinal.png

MikeCobalt
06.05.2019 , 03:38 AM | #24
Spoiler

merovejec
06.05.2019 , 04:22 AM | #25
I cant really tell. I wasnt able to load in yesterday and then the server had a que
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Pirana
06.05.2019 , 04:25 AM | #26
Underwhelming. If you're into achievements, more mounts, decos, and some similar re-skinned armor pieces, you'll enjoy it. Just another planet to not visit again.

After yesterday's fiasco in regards to logging in and the terrible lag, maybe it would have been slightly more fun, but overall, nah...
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Nemmar
06.05.2019 , 04:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I've got a mixed reaction. There are things I like about this patch, and things I hate.

I liked the little story snippet for my Theronmancer, even though Lana still talked too much. She just can't shut up can she? It was nice hearing from most of the Alliance, including long lost Koth. I was hoping there'd be a second scene, but one was better than none!

-Dantooine is small but easy to get around, Republic side at least. Reminded me a lot of Ord Mantel.
-I was disappointed that mobs drop next to no loot. I was hoping they'd have the same loot profile as Ossus for lvl 70s. I'm trying to finish up amplified sets, but I'm just so sick of Ossus I doubt I ever will.
-The story bit was decent. Loved the Jedi's voice, too bad he was a green marshmallow and not as sexy as his voice.
-I'm never going to get anywhere with the reputation or buying rewards. I'm feeling pretty done with pugging and everyone I know has quit the game. The rewards for solo missions are pitiful. Not even 1 event currency per mission. The heroics are significantly harder than any other set of heroics in the game, so that is out, plus the weeklies takes 5 so I'd have to suffer through pugs 2 days for just one weekly! That feels overdone to me. I know they want people to group, but jeez, enough is enough.

-I'm thrilled they put the bathing suit in game and it's not gender restricted.
-The changes to stronghold layouts are great and long overdue. I really need to work on redecorating everything! -Yay for fixing some of the deco bugs too!
-I still can't get my missing Quinn and Dorne back and that is really grating on me. Where did our QA_ Droid go? He's been very shy lately.
-'m loving the conquest changes and I hope the exp/conquest point thing gets fixed soon. I was really looking forward to that.
Oh i agree with the mob drops being bad. Ossus mobs have a chance to drop decorations. Would be nice to have that be a regular feature. It makes loot more exciting.

Oliviaxxx
06.05.2019 , 05:47 AM | #28
I like the area - I think its lovely and at the moment I like the dailies.

However, what I DON'T like is that the weekly missions for normal Dailies AND Heroics have been lumped together and to get the weekly reward it would appear that you are forced to "group up" (if your gear isn't top notch) to complete the heroics part.

What happened to "Play your own way"? My idea of playing my way is avoiding most heroics because I rarely want to group!
I don't even mind if I have to make two or more trips in a week (like with Iokath) to complete the weekly missions.
Even on Ossus I can do all 10 dailies in one trip and get the weekly reward.

So unless they give me that kind of choice then I wont be bothering to return.

Hunterr
06.05.2019 , 06:43 AM | #29
Overall i guess it's fine for an event zone. Though I'd say maybe tone down the heroic instances just a bit. Compared to any other event heroics or even heroics in general the amount of npcs in each set of encounters and how quick they can spam certain abilities can be a bit much for a standard pug. Also maybe make the npcs drop stuff while out there questing, maybe some extra rep tokens at least

Estelindis
06.05.2019 , 06:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by cmcougar View Post
I only have one question. Are any of the missions soloable, or are people like me going to be locked out again?
I solo'd all the heroics on PTS with my healer sage and influence-50 Iresso, but it was super-hard and tedious. Would not recommend. So much quicker and easier with a group!
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~