dear lord.. what I just experienced?

lironBD

so I didn't played my smuggler long long time even before the ROTHC was out.

any way level 29 thinking I'l do some WZ to get xp with daily... oh boy.

Gunslinger... Sharpshooter tree.

TOTAL victory. 15 medals even before the match ended... around 40 kills... 1 death (pushback over the bridge on voidstar my CD were on CD :p ).

this class is a - BEAST.

mara jumps at me I kill him in seconds...

poor sorcerer trying to channel their FL \ LS gets interrupted and killed in seconds.

so many snares \ CCs and my favourite ability (the one active only under 30% health) which killed at least 15 players on that warzone...

oh boy...

so I didn't played my smuggler long long time even before the ROTHC was out.

any way level 29 thinking I'l do some WZ to get xp with daily... oh boy.

Gunslinger... Sharpshooter tree.

TOTAL victory. 15 medals even before the match ended... around 40 kills... 1 death (pushback over the bridge on voidstar my CD were on CD :p ).

this class is a - BEAST.

mara jumps at me I kill him in seconds...

poor sorcerer trying to channel their FL \ LS gets interrupted and killed in seconds.

so many snares \ CCs and my favourite ability (the one active only under 30% health) which killed at least 15 players on that warzone...

oh boy...

Yes they are a beast but there is a counter to their power.

Be wary of the people who know how to play their class. You won't see them until it's too late. ;)

As a gunslinger may I say that YES WE WILL SEE YOU unless you approach from directly behind with sneak/blackout active. Just sayin...

And even then if all our cooldowns are up...I dunno.

My mains are a 55 deception sin and a 55 saboteur GS so, I know.

so far with the Stealth detector buff I never was caought by enemy in stealth.. I wait until they are 4 mr range and leg kick them.

also got those 2 buffs evasion and the other one which kinda makes me immune to most effects.

so far the only thing I can think of which is "oh crap" is the smoke grenade thing which the sharpshoot Gunslinger have that bust you out of cover.

so far with the Stealth detector buff I never was caought by enemy in stealth.. I wait until they are 4 mr range and leg kick them.

also got those 2 buffs evasion and the other one which kinda makes me immune to most effects.

so far the only thing I can think of which is "oh crap" is the smoke grenade thing which the sharpshoot Gunslinger have that bust you out of cover.

When I que with my guild we work together to kill slingers and snipers. They are a force to be reckoned with no doubt. We don't simply let them sit in a corner and blast away. :).

Believe me in pug groups you're OP. In ranked and pre made's with players on comms you're gonna get focused, and no one can survive 4 or 5 DPS wailing on them, except maybe a OP healer with 2 cross healers :p

Edited by Ceasaigh

Snipers are OP in the lowbie bracket, because they get their core skills very early. It's a more even playing field later on, because your enemies get more of their tools, and you keep getting utility/fluff (aside the roll - roll is awesome).

Snipers are OP in the lowbie bracket, because they get their core skills very early. It's a more even playing field later on, because your enemies get more of their tools, and you keep getting utility/fluff (aside the roll - roll is awesome).

that roll is op and needs a cool down its supposed to be used as an escape yet is abused it should have at least a 20 second cool down just like force speed but you are right about the core ability thing, snipers get alot of their main skills early on where most marauders barley have one of theirs

that roll is op and needs a cool down its supposed to be used as an escape yet is abused it should have at least a 20 second cool down just like force speed but you are right about the core ability thing, snipers get alot of their main skills early on where most marauders barley have one of theirs

You do know that Sniper roll does have a cooldown, which lasts exactly 20 seconds, do you?

Edited by Helig

I love my Marksman Sniper. Super awesome and easy to kill other Slinger/Snipers with Distraction (kick-out-of-cover ability), except for Lethality if they get first hit on me. But I have no problem guarding, even if I get 2 Shadows. Pop Entrench and Shield Probe (love the 45 sec CD on them) and go to town. I'm surprised the -15 sec CD on Orbital Strike was put into the MM tree and not the Engineering tree, but I'm a fan of it. And the roll, hehehe, I love the roll in Voidstar. Bridge goes down, I roll, take cover, get Entrench for 3 seconds (if necessary I'll place down Entrench longer) have "Hasta La Vista" in /say and activate Cover Pulse. Idiots can't KB me but I can KB them.

People say our weakness is LoS, and to a degree it is, but any good player knows how to avoid their weakness as much as possible. Get someone dodging between walls? Use Debilitate, exit cover, move, crouch, Cover Pulse into a wide open area.

1 more thing, your rotation is gonna need a filler spot, and many choose Frag Bomb, OS, or something else, but here's my rotation (might need to figure out the Slinger's alt moves.)

Crouch>Snipe>Snipe>Followthrough>Ambush>Followthrough>Series of Shots>Followthrough>*filler space*(I use 2 Snipes because Followthrough reduces their Energy Cost, and 2 Snipes finish CD on Followthrough.)>Repeat.

Yes they are a beast but there is a counter to their power.

Be wary of the people who know how to play their class. You won't see them until it's too late. ;)

This. A good marauder, or any other class to be honest, will make short work of snipers and slingers.

This. A good marauder, or any other class to be honest, will make short work of snipers and slingers.

There are not a lot of them out there. Seen a few, but a lot seem to be confused when they can't leap at a sniper, or when smash doesn't so as much damage to the MM/SS builds. There are some bad snipers/slingers as well; though. And the bads probably easily still beat the bad marauders.

* Combat/Carnage can make a sniper/slinger's life hell.

* With a bit of prediction and foresight shield Pyro/Vanguards can also counter them well.

* Immortal/Defense Jugg/Guardian also has a fair chance against sniper/slingers, but more likely to seriously harass them and make them go inert, rather than really being able to kill it.

* Balance/Madness shadow/sins also have a fair chance, unlike the other two specs(since they rely less on direct melee) if they succeed in keeping the DoTs in place, and survive the initial knockback and following attacks with over 70% HP.

* Scrapper/Concealment can also make them miserable, although it takes a flashy "no-mistakes", precise management and one slip can turn the tables and make things go bad.

* A TK/Lightning sorc/sage has one big chance to bring them down, and that is if you can time the immunity skill right to nullify the initial burst. From that point the TK/Lightning can open up a much higher initial alpha-strike, since they have a faster cycling rate of medium/heavy attacks than sniper/slingers. The freedom to "dance" along the max-range is also another one of those advantages going for the sorc/sage --- but without these specific conditions, things may go bad.

* A TK/Lightning sorc/sage has one big chance to bring them down, and that is if you can time the immunity skill right to nullify the initial burst. From that point the TK/Lightning can open up a much higher initial alpha-strike, since they have a faster cycling rate of medium/heavy attacks than sniper/slingers. The freedom to "dance" along the max-range is also another one of those advantages going for the sorc/sage --- but without these specific conditions, things may go bad.

And this is exactly why I love going against Snipers/Slingers as my TK Sage. It is not a sure beat, but we have a chance to out damage them when played well and we also have the mobility that Slingers have not.

Another interesting technique is actually the sprint forward. DPS them while they are in range of your bubble stun. They usually don't defensive roll against Sages/Sorcs and if you time a shield just right you dont even have to burst it manually as they will just do it for you while you keep the damage up. Many Snipers/Slingers don't keep in mind the bubble stun anymore, because it is no longer the Sage/Sorc spec. Which makes it a wonderful tool. At least for the first time you one-on-one.

Also, the Proc burst of a Sage > every burst a Slinger has. And unlike Balance Sages, you are not dependant on one power, so a lockout from interrupt doesn't hurt your DPS as much.

Really.. Slingers aren't that hard to kill. They just take a different tactic than any other spec out there. So it really is a L2P issue to kill them for almost every spec out there.

* Balance/Madness shadow/sins also have a fair chance, unlike the other two specs(since they rely less on direct melee) if they succeed in keeping the DoTs in place, and survive the initial knockback and following attacks with over 70% HP.

lol

the only thing i can think of in favor of the shadow would be deflection.

+50% defense for 12sec

as a slinger you have +30% accuracy for 10sec to counter that.

as a kinetic shadow you have a chance due to the root break and more durability.

as infi you have a chance due to higher stealth and burst.

as balance your chances are as "fair" as the ones a snowflake in Hell has maybe a little bit better if the sniper is really awful and the circumstances favor the dot build.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius