Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

People leaving wz is now out of control.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People leaving wz is now out of control.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jlfsith's Avatar


Jlfsith
02.13.2012 , 10:52 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Was I wrong about you being a quitter? No. You admitted to it.

Was I wrong about you being selfish? No. You admitted to it.
I will gladly quit when it starts the game 5v8/6v8 and doesn't fill the team within 30 seconds, because the game is already over if 1/4th your team is NOT IN THE GAME.

I will gladly quit when I face the same premade that just stomped me in the last game.

I will gladly quit when the same guy named Jailbreak for the last four weeks is STILL speed hacking, making it impossible to cap nodes on alderaan.

I will gladly quit when I face no-lifers like you who are already full Battlemaster gear with three of your battlemaster buddies against me and my two friends who just hit 50 a few days ago.

I have yet to quit a warzone because of those above reasons until reading your garbage. Now I'll join the bandwagon and forget the frustrations of staying in the aforementioned games.

You know why? You don't pay my subscription ******e.

zanthal's Avatar


zanthal
02.13.2012 , 10:53 PM | #492
Well now it's been analyzed and argued to death, I'm just waiting to see a dev comment.

Will be surprised if it comes in the next six months.
"You do not desire my brownie. Or my lunch money."

revned's Avatar


revned
02.13.2012 , 10:54 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by zanthal View Post
Well now it's been analyzed and argued to death, I'm just waiting to see a dev comment.

Will be surprised if it comes in the next six months.
its ok, they fixed emotes while mounted.
L2

Rheeling's Avatar


Rheeling
02.13.2012 , 10:59 PM | #494
For some reason, today and yesterday I've had horrible connectivity issues in warzones. In almost half the warzones I entered, I was disconnected at some point. I felt bad as I hate it when people leave, and I always stay in to finish unless my buddies hop on and want to queue, or one of them missed the queue.

I can quest just fine, but lately warzones have been d/c'ing me like crazy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
I imagine they pulled them from actual server data, as opposed to your source, which appears to be your arse.

SirRobin's Avatar


SirRobin
02.13.2012 , 11:01 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Oh, but I thought it was only Battlemasters who are 600 clubbers, at least according to the quitter clubbers. I don't feel I have anything to lose, in any warzone. I stay regardless of the circumstances. Regardless of if we are getting pwned from the start, or farmed later on, or if I join one that started long ago and has long since been losing, and will shortly end. I stay. Because I enjoy playing the game for what the game is, win or lose.
Did I actually say that only Battlemasters had 600 expertise? You continue to try and lump everyone who does not enjoy being valor farmed, inaccurately, into the same group. Well, again, my game time is limited and it is a pay to play game. Maybe I just value my time more than you do? That's not being selfish or a "quitter," that's having different priorities.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Welp, we already know you're a liar. 'Cause if you started playing WoW from day 1, then you would know there were no battlegrounds until about 4 months into release. Anything else you care to lie about and get busted on?
While you may be desperate to find something to prop up your position... Claiming I said there were battlegrounds from day one would be just as inaccurate as some of your other claims.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Your money is not worth more than the 7 other people on your team who you just griefed by quitting on, no matter if you count it in Won, Euros, or Pounds.
Again, if it was just one person leaving and that made the difference. Then your assumption might be valid. However, since that is not the case...

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Yes, they do. If you stayed for most matches that lose at the very beginning, you would know this. But I don't expect you to, being a self admitted quitter and all.
No they don't. At least not on my server. Maybe that is just a problem with your server?

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
I'll refer to my comment above about how it seems to be the biggest glaring argument of Battlemasters that are the quitters because they have nothing else to gain but Battlemaster gear, and can only do so via wins, thus they quit.
Another attempt to divert it too "Battlemasters?"

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
I'm no Battlemaster. I don't have any Battlemaster gear. I have over 601 from Champion gear, minus a belt, which is Tionese. I fare just fine in PVP. You folks are using your excuse for quitting as MY excuse for staying. What's it gonna be? You can't use the same excuse FOR and AGAINST deserter debuffs. What a bunch of lame selfishness.
Again, why the sudden focus on Battlemaster? Was that where you were expecting me to go and despite the fact I didn't, you were unable to adjust your retort?

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
It won't make it worse. What will happen is this: Quitters gonna quit. They see a team that is outperforming them, they always gonna quit against them, then come crying to forums about it. And once they get tired of quitting from the matchmaking queue, they are going to solo-synch queue with the group mates in order to roflstomp PUGs.
So we are back to quitters gonna quit instead of "paying" customers wanting to not waste their time?

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
A matchmaking system solves nothing alone without a penalty for leaving early. Period.
Well grab the white-out because that period shouldn't be there. I don't think I claimed that a matchmaking system alone would fix all of TOR warzone problems. There are quite a few. Not to mention the loading issues. However, it is an important step.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Doubtful. Quitters gonna quit. 'Nuff said there.
As I was not concerned by your pride, I am similarly unconcerned with your doubt.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Rift tried that, and it only resulted in what I said above. You still have to penalize quitters at the same time.
Hehe... Rift? Rift had, may still have, PvP issues above and beyond people not wanting to waste their time in lopsided matches.

Prof-Chaos's Avatar


Prof-Chaos
02.14.2012 , 12:27 AM | #496
World of Tanks, which is a pure PVP-MMO, has limited the size of premades to 3 players while the total team size is 15. The teams are also balanced by sorting the players into 10 tiers. Quitters and AFKers are rare in that game, even when the top-tiers have nothing to gain and lose more credits than they earn. Bioware should take notes.

SirRobin's Avatar


SirRobin
02.14.2012 , 12:29 AM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
You know so much about me, that you responded to me with information from someone else. You know me so well! I didn't play WoW from day 1, I started around burning crusade. But I can read, so when I read his post I rationally thought when he said "day 1" that he meant "the beginning", rather than assuming the literal version that you think supports your argument. Reducto ad absurdum method of argument; you try to make him look stupid by taking the most literal and reduced form of what he said and responding to it in kind. If you want any sort of meaningful discussion on a topic, apply the "principle of charity". Taking people's words out of context just makes you look ridiculous to anyone who can read.
Meh... Just another example showing that some are not very good at paying attention, before they start spouting inaccurate assumptions. BioWare will never stop everyone who wants to leave a warzone, quasi-afk in a corner, or exploit flaws in design. Nor will they stop the ones who have the most to gain from forcing players to stay in a match, from wanting it. Some might try to claim that others are just rationalizing or being selfish. When, in fact, that is what those very accusers are actually doing instead.

TOR is a young game and its had issues with lopsided matches in warzones pretty much from the beginning. First with the ability gap and then the expertise bulge. They finally put the fifties in their own tier which at least separated the expertise bulge from the ability gap. However, they have still not done anything about either. This leads to very lopsided matches and hurts the in-game experiences. From 1-49 its not a major issue. Since there are several progression options.

However, at fifty winning multiple warzone matches becomes a "daily" and "weekly." Given the superiority of PvP gear, in general, over similar gear for endgame content, it draws many to endgame PvP who are by no means serious PvP'ers. Pitting them up against players who have large advantages in gear and stats discourages them from queuing at all and reduces the pool of potential players for warzones. This actually makes the disparity even worse as it increases the chances of "new" 50's having to regularly face off against "old" fifties.

There are a variety of issues with TOR. The whole endgame Crafted, PvP, PvE gear balance issues being just part of a long list. As far as warzones, major steps to improving them would involve multi-server matches and a significant matchmaker. Again... The ability to leave a lopsided warzone is not a "reward," especially with how long TOR's load times are, for the many many "paying" customers who have limited game time available. If you really don't want people to leave warzones, how about removing the incentive for them to join the queue in the first place.

Seanimus's Avatar


Seanimus
02.14.2012 , 12:35 AM | #498
The most obvious fix in the world for this problem and the win not counting problem for OVER A MONTH NOW has been to change the daily to MATCHES PLAYED, instead of matches won.

Then just implement an easy report AFKers system and we're good.

SirRobin's Avatar


SirRobin
02.14.2012 , 12:48 AM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Prof-Chaos View Post
World of Tanks, which is a pure PVP-MMO, has limited the size of premades to 3 players while the total team size is 15. The teams are also balanced by sorting the players into 10 tiers. Quitters and AFKers are rare in that game, even when the top-tiers have nothing to gain and lose more credits than they earn. Bioware should take notes.
Yep, but I suspect that the "pool" of players PvP'ing on one server would not be enough to go that far. With multi-server matches perhaps, but not solo.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seanimus View Post
The most obvious fix in the world for this problem and the win not counting problem for OVER A MONTH NOW has been to change the daily to MATCHES PLAYED, instead of matches won.

Then just implement an easy report AFKers system and we're good.
True, though that would remove a large part of the incentive for trying to "win" a match in the first place.

Dronp's Avatar


Dronp
02.14.2012 , 12:53 AM | #500
Personally for me there needs to be incentive to stay in the game...as BM the only incentive is winning to get dailys done. I don't really care about people "pvping for the sake of pvping". If I wanted that I'd play an FPS. For an MMO if I have no incentive to play than there's no point in me playing it. I leave at the first sign of a loss because I get nothing from a loss...before 60 I always stayed because I still got plenty of valor. But now...meh. Hate if u want just my 2c