Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

People leaving wz is now out of control.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People leaving wz is now out of control.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 11:01 AM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
They aren't getting my money. They did, once, but not now. Some of us tried to give them a chance and fell hook line and sinker for multi month subs.
Ok then, so why are you here arguing?

You're unhappy with a product. You're not going to pay for it anymore. You're walking away from it. Yet, you're acting like you ate a cheeseburger from a brand new restaurant and you wanted to try it out. You didn't like it, and never plan to eat there ever again. And now you are picketing at the restaurant door to tell everyone else about the cheeseburger you didn't like and that you will never eat there again.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Vydor_HC's Avatar


Vydor_HC
02.17.2012 , 11:04 AM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by saido View Post
Yer know. People leave warzones and replacements load-in now... So what's the big deal. I'd rather have fresh meat than a half-attentive player sticking it out only because he wants to avoid the penalty...
Exactly, and that's what's going to happen. You'll have less leavers, but it will not solve the problem of participation, which is what people should be focusing on instead of punishment.


"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
02.17.2012 , 11:06 AM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by KungpowSalmon View Post
The very second you sign up for a warzone, you've commited yourself to the duration of the match regardless of the random warzone you end up in or the circumstances following. You should not be able to cherry pick your battles in the hopes that you will find circumstances that suit your own selfish needs. You should not get to endlessly quit and requeue in the hopes that you will be carried by a better team.

So many kids on this thread with entitlement complexes, you'd swear you were at an Occupy BioWare protest.
No you haven't. They wouldn't put a leave option in other wise.

Your suggestion is mute.

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
02.17.2012 , 11:08 AM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Ok then, so why are you here arguing?

You're unhappy with a product. You're not going to pay for it anymore. You're walking away from it. Yet, you're acting like you ate a cheeseburger from a brand new restaurant and you wanted to try it out. You didn't like it, and never plan to eat there ever again. And now you are picketing at the restaurant door to tell everyone else about the cheeseburger you didn't like and that you will never eat there again.
Yup and this is what free speech is used for.

Welcome to the west of society.

Vydor_HC's Avatar


Vydor_HC
02.17.2012 , 11:08 AM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
Pretty much all of the battlemasters on my server will leave a match if they know they're going to lose. Or if a game is a few minutes in with 8vs6 everyone just leaves because it's a guaranteed loss.

if you dislike them too, what are you going to do about it?

A) Harass them?
B) Not heal/protect them making it harder for your team to win?

I'm not sure why you assume people will suddenly try hard, especially when you act like all quitters are whiny crybabies. You're putting them into a bad position with little reward and expecting them to suddenly work harder. Most people go for the path of least resistance.
-nods-

Threats of banishment form the community have no bearing, as many of the leavers run in groups anyways, and do not want to waste time playing in a match with team mates that are guaranteeing a loss. Any soloers out there that leave aren't going to suffer because the queuing mechanism will does not allow you to pick and choose who you group with.


"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 11:08 AM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
Pretty much all of the battlemasters on my server will leave a match if they know they're going to lose. Or if a game is a few minutes in with 8vs6 everyone just leaves because it's a guaranteed loss.

if you dislike them too, what are you going to do about it?

A) Harass them?
B) Not heal/protect them making it harder for your team to win?

I'm not sure why you assume people will suddenly try hard, especially when you act like all quitters are whiny crybabies. You're putting them into a bad position with little reward and expecting them to suddenly work harder. Most people go for the path of least resistance.
Being Battlemaster doesn't mean that you are a good PVP'er, with great sportsmanship skills and non-disruptive.

Matter of fact, I'd wager at this point that most of the people you speak of are habitual quitters that have cherry picked for winning matches since the beginning. Valor rank means nothing. Skill speaks for itself.

It goes without saying that one of the fastest ways to BM is to cherry pick for winning warzone matches. So your point is totally moot.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Vydor_HC's Avatar


Vydor_HC
02.17.2012 , 11:10 AM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by KungpowSalmon View Post
The very second you sign up for a warzone, you've commited yourself to the duration of the match regardless of the random warzone you end up in or the circumstances following. You should not be able to cherry pick your battles in the hopes that you will find circumstances that suit your own selfish needs. You should not get to endlessly quit and requeue in the hopes that you will be carried by a better team.

So many kids on this thread with entitlement complexes, you'd swear you were at an Occupy BioWare protest.
Well, really it's just like any other grouping mechanism. When players see the group they are in is totally worthless, they leave it. No need to stick it out and bang your head against the wall, and if forced to stay....that will not change their lack of desire to participate.


"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

GaryCartel's Avatar


GaryCartel
02.17.2012 , 11:10 AM | #988
I've been getting disconnected alot in PVP. Don't know whats going on there. Could be happening to other people aswell.

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.17.2012 , 11:13 AM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
Yup and this is what free speech is used for.

Welcome to the west of society.
Free speech protects you against the government, not against private industry.
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

DasWsup's Avatar


DasWsup
02.17.2012 , 11:15 AM | #990
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
Yup and this is what free speech is used for.

Welcome to the west of society.
lol wow...

btw its moot, not mute
Ghetto Smurf - Mercenary
Prophecy of the five