What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

Personally, I'd like to see a return to the Furious Weapon Set and the Armor Set.

Would also really enjoy the old Centurion sets, but in the form of purple legacy shells. c:

yessss, pls give make us able to buy the Furious armor & weapon set on the vendor, would be so amazing!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the titles for ranked content this last season (6), I feel this was a perfect decision as it allows players to show off their achievements exclusively. However, the mount for season 6 was somewhat disappointing in comparison to the Season 5 mount. Crystals, awesome! Good job.

Suggestions, create more appealing mounts ( I know this is completely preference, however if anything getting my Graphic Design Degree taught me, humans like things to look a certain way). Animal mounts appear to be appealing to the greater populous of SWTOR, especially elder game players. Another animal mount from the Star Wars Lore would be nice, like a Kashyyyk Katarn, Dantooine Kathhound, or even a Reek. I am also not agains decorations for strongholds as well for Ranked Season rewards. Mainhand and offhand weapons were also a great idea, and would love to see more. I have a personal fondness to weapons with animations (Ziost Guardian Saber, Tythonian Force-Master Saber, Furious Weapons (season 5 rewards)).

All of these would be great ideas, so any take aways from my personal preferences would be: The Reek! any Animated Mainhand/Offhand weapons sets or armor. And keep the Titles Coming!

• 3 weeks later...

Would actually trade all my rewards, even if i had like gold rank + thousands of tokens to use, for more pvp balance.

I want the furious sabers/blasters to return cuz i really wanna get that affect on the saber/blasters

hehe, or get the next sabers for participating in ranked, weapons are really cheap, maybe they will make similar ones with a nice effect.

I love my predacious, everyone loving on furious is so mainstream, almost seem like an excuse to avoid ranked... Lots of fear we have in the playerbase maybe? :rak_03:

Edited by James_Mcturney

Hello guys

What i would like to see for the rewards is

Jedi/sith : a real looking padawan robe like annakin or Obi-Wan had in revenge of the sith or a good looking jedi cloak

Trooper/BountyHunter: some bad *** looking blasters or a new jetpack Even for troopers cuz they can wield one aswell like everyone knows take a look at the new battlefield

Smuggler/agent : better looking blasters or a moff outfit or han solo's jacket

for everyone : more decoration a mount some new crystals etc :)

May the force be with you

Reading through several of these posts a lot of people have some good ideas and some that I personally think arent so great. A lot of people have talked about balancing the PvP matches and benefits to group ranked versus solo queueing ranked. This idea will also help fix people that are queue synching in both ranked and unranked formats. I may have a very easy possible fix for this. This idea would be consistant for all ranked and unranked matches. First a penalty to be installed of loss of comms & valor for unranked matches for anyone who leaves during the match or after the invite pops. Ranked matches will have the additional penality as of now of the loss of some of your rank. These penalities should help reduce the possibility of people just rage quiting and/or leaving the group if they didnt queue sync correctly. For all solo queueing ranked and unranked there are no role restrictions of as having X number of DPS Y number of Healers and Z numbers of tanks per side or mirring the other side with the same number of people queueing into each role. Additionally all queueing solo and group will be randomized cross faction and/or co-op with cross faction. Meaning Imperial and Republic at random have the chance of fighting with and against each other. This is PvP and factions have zero meaning within any story lines. Group queueing means only that parties with the maximum of four per group will be guaranteed to be queued together, nothing more and nothing less. I would also re-enable all war zone maps (8v8) with ranked queues. Lastly just like everyone else would agree it has been far too long since we have had a new war zone map for both ranked and unranked. I would NOT rebalance the roles as I think these are unnecessary changes unless it creates a balance too far for the normaly skilled player to over come. Rebalancing hurts our follow PvE brothern and that is one of the top 5 complaints that the PvErs have.

Rewards... what this post was intended for. Personally all MMOers like big shiny/loud stuff to stand out. This is nice and all but on a lower priority on my list. If I queue ranked I personally would instead like to receive gear that would be greater than 2018 expertise. This gear would ONLY be bolstered in ranked matches to whatever value it maybe at. I miss the gear chase and while most people might say that the gear chase hurts MMOs as it creates unbalanced playing fields and installs hopelessness as it is too expensive/hard to get. I counter with if you are queueing ranked you are already competetive and PvP isn't as hurt as might if only given to those niche players that knowing accept it.

An interesting reward would be, in terms of mounts, something like the Basilisk War Droid with an anime like the Turret mount, for shooting, or something that opens up and moves (bit like transformers, but only slightly).

Another possibility, for titles, would be something like "Eternal Keeper", "Emperor of the "class name""

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope we will see a new pvp season, so:

Best reward of all seasons imo were Furious armour sets. I didn't get mine, cuz had bad pc, underpowered class

and a bit clicking.

But season specific rewards should remain exclusive. Though I personally would like to see more animated sets. Again, furious ones have excellent design and look cool with dyes. Bad example are reskins - just as S1 armor. Also a reek mount is a nice idea.

PS: also nobody cares about wall decorations.

Edited by DerSchneider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
a unique companion would be nice for each tier of ranked. Probably droids so you don't gotta be gender specific, Perhaps different types of droids for each tier with basic droids for lower tiers/ consolation prize and more "bad ***" droids for higher tiers like corrupter zero or Operator IX look a likes.

An idea for a Season 7 mount -

How about some ferocious looking Dragon?

We have a lot of other mounts - I sorta thought people might like a dragon of some sort and it can have a fire breathing flourish as well - maybe too much for swtor but was just an idea that popped in my head.

Another idea for a cool mount could be a - X - wing / ty fighter. flourish ability firing lasers ?

These idea's may have been previously suggested I don't know - They all would entail some form of work and creativity so not sure if that's possible in this game but figured I'd take a leap and offer out a suggestion.