Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......

Sthria

Ok I have been looking at some of the outfits between my toon and a guildmate..

We have on the same outfit between our toons and wondering why our outfit colors are so different?

At 1st we thought it was the hair color causing the outfits to show up different in game window.

But it looks like it’s a skin tone thing..Both our toons have white hair but our skin tones are a lot different.

When making the look of my toon, I went for the skin tone in the #20- 25 skin tone scale range.

My guildmate has all her toons in the lower numbers of the fairest skin tone scale..

Her toons outfits show up in game way darker then my toons.

The color seem to show up on my toon’s Avatar in-game a lot lighter than what is shown in on my Char. Sheet

[Pic below] and when I use the preview window the outfit is showing up the same color as my Char. Sheet. I was really really disappointed after unbinding the Top and putting it on to finding it was a NOT the Bright Pink that had showed me in the preview window.

My toons colors seem washed out and pale..why is this?

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae17/debmorrell/tessra_zpse8419127.jpg

Also most of the Belts and Bracers don’t seem to unify colors correctly.

Why not just us the same options as our Helm.. to not show.

The players that wear the dancers outfit look really odd with bulky belts and bracers.

Added 1-18-13

Adding another Pic.... It's of my Smuggler, She is in Med Armor called Aspiring Knight's Vest.

As it seen in the Pic. below my armor color is darker on my Char. Sheet and light Gray in game and other players say they see the Light Gray color as well ... so I know its not a Screen Contrast setting, like I thought at first.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae17/debmorrell/SWTOR%20%20Stuff/Screenshot_2013-01-18_11_31_10_331054_zps5d525c2e.jpg

Edited by Sthria
updated and adding a new Pic.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed this as well for my Human Marauder wearing the Masterblade vest and put a ticket in for it. In the preview window and the cinematics, the chest piece is bright red; but in game it appears pink. If i use the match to chest, the pants become bright red everywhere so that should be the correct color. I could try farming Foundry on other toons to see if it shows correctly on other toons, but haven't bothered yet.

I believe this has been pointed out before and in those cases it has also been linked to the skin colour of the character in question. However, I don't believe Bioware has ever commented on this... oddity. I suggest you report it, as it's clearly not as advertised.

Because they made a mistake with the advertisement again, if I were to guess. They had to change the spymaster and phantom gear because it didn't look like it did on the picture.

Well, neither did the new dance outfit. It was red, but on the picture it was white. White and yellow, to be precise, and in the 100 page thread about the spymaster and phantom gear they said they would change the dance outfit so it looks like it does on the picture.

HOWEVER, this time they screwed up bad! Because on the picture, the dance outfit is white and yellow. I.e, the dance outfit that came from the previous cartel pack. They couldn't make it look like the old one could they? No doubt they are trying to hit the middle ground here, or something.

And take my words as wild guesses based on the experience of what I've seen from Ea/Bioware as of late. :/

Because they made a mistake with the advertisement again, if I were to guess. They had to change the spymaster and phantom gear because it didn't look like it did on the picture.

Usually I'd agree, but the bracers are colour-matched to the dark-hot-pink shown in the Character Pane, indicating that the rest of the outfit should also be dark-hot-pink.

Is that only for human characters or does it effect alien species as well?

I have not looked into that, I will have to make toons on the TS and make a light blue skin Chiss and a dark blue skin Chiss and do same for Sith race.

all my Rep. toons are Human and skin tones are #23 to #25 on the skin tone scale.

• Dev Post

Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!

I got a similar problem.

I wear the red jedi knight chest piece from teh cartel market. The armored outfit looking one and if I remember correctly I put on the despot armored leggings and they color match was fine. They were a little mor ebulky than I wanted so I was looking for something else.

When I put on the pathfinders leggings and color matched. They turned pink'ish. A type of red sure but not what I was looking for.

Edited by Quraswren

I have this exact same issue on several of my characters... and bug reported it nearly a year ago...

It happens to my dark skinned human characters. I don't have enough alien characters to test if it occurs on some of them as well.

In the cut scenes and in the preview screen the outfits appear normal. But on my character the color is washed out. The effect is most noticeable on red gear.

Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!

Colors in cutscenes have higher saturation than they do ingame. It's easiest to spot when wearing something with a muted color like the slave girl outfit. It looks like a very pale pink ingame, almost white, yet looks more pink in cutscenes.

A way to spot the difference in pallets is to equip two characters of different species with the same outfit and compare them in the select screen. Equip a Chiss and Human in the elegant loungewear top and switch back and forth in select screen. The color difference is subtle and I thought it was an optical illusion due to the contrast between the blue of the outfit and the character's skintones but look at the shading and you will see actual differences in color saturation and/or contrast. The pallet of the characters is affecting the pallet of the armor.

Another way this difference is obvious is to equip the slave girl top with the formal skirt, on some races (human) the pink of the top and white of the skirt are almost identical before matching, while on other races (Rattataki), the top is clearly pink and the bottom clearly white and they won't look 'matching' till you select the matching option.

I have found this issue with the Aspiring Knight's chest. It is a blue colored top, that when i equip it on my darker-blue skin-tone Chiss appears to wash out the colors. I have compared with human skin tones, and the colors are more vibrant. The preview window shows the top with the vibrancy, but when it's put on, the colors wash out.

Howdy!

Thanks!

I'm having that very problem as well, but it's only one piece of my outfit, just the torso. The rest are the normal colors. In cutscenes, in the preview window, it's all darker, and when I'm out running around it's light. Kind of weird running around as a pink Sith. I'm not sure if other people see me as pink though.

Howdy!

Thanks!

I use the Aspiring Jedi vest on my JK and Smuggler, on my JK the outfit is grey (blonde hair, blue eyes, 18-23 skin color range) and on my Smuggler the same outfit is black (red hair, green eyes, and 1-5 skin color range) both of them cyborgs.

If it's based on skin color, I would really like the option to change ones skin tone (basically cosmetic shop) as an option :p I hate the grey.

Howdy!

Thanks!

On my female Twi'lek (as well as her companion Vette) that's wearing the Fancy Reveler's Outfit from the Cartel packs, the outfit looks properly red with a little white in the preview window, character selection screen and conversations while in-game it looks almost completely white with a slight rose tint. I got the outfit because I liked the appearance from the preview as the red matched the red of her Skin nicely, but now it's rubbish as the whole white deal doesn't fit her Sithness and I wasted money on it.

Please fix the color appearance so it looks in the game just as it looks in the character creation, cutscenes and preview window!

On my female Twi'lek (as well as her companion Vette) that's wearing the Fancy Reveler's Outfit from the Cartel packs, the outfit looks properly red with a little white in the preview window, character selection screen and conversations while in-game it looks almost completely white with a slight rose tint. I got the outfit because I liked the appearance from the preview as the red matched the red of her Skin nicely, but now it's rubbish as the whole white deal doesn't fit her Sithness and I wasted money on it.

Please fix the color appearance so it looks in the game just as it looks in the character creation, cutscenes and preview window!

While I agree on fixing it to match what one sees in the preview window. How does white outfit not make one Sith? o.O I thought my Sith's all white outfit, fit very well for her. :p I'd say the same for my other Sith, except the other pieces ith color matching always came out as grey :/ Ruined the look I was going for, so replaced it with my second pick, a hood down long robe :)

I have a similar issue with my lvl 50 Chiss BH on the Jedi Covenant server. When I use the unify color tab, the TT-15A Chestguard normally should turn the armor into a black-red color. However, the War Hero Eliminator's Greaves change into a different color. Instead of changing into black-red, it becomes more of a dark grey/red color. The odd part about it is that it interchanges when I go into different areas of the game (i.e. warzones, planets, or my ship).

I have two pictures to show the difference:

On my ship:

http://i50.tinypic.com/104lxew.jpg

On the fleet:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zixbae.jpg

I have the same problem as the with the Investigator`s set (cartel market).

The set should be bright red and grey and it is - except the chestpiece, which is a completely diffent colour (purple-ish).

The chest looks fine (i.e. bright red) in the char menu and the cutscenes, but not on the char itself. Unifying the colors doesnt help either, so it a clear bug and ot just some wrong coloring.

Rather annoying, considering I bought this set just for the looks.

Howdy!

Thanks!

This has been a problem on my blue Twi'lek character Da'ru with the Slave Outfit, the Republic Dancer's Outfit, and the Black Hole Force-Mystic/Campaign gear (which can appear from almost completely white to pure black on different characters when outside of a cutscene). I've reported it several times over the last year, including submissions w/ screenshots of my character compared to other characters. >.<

From my observations, it seems to be that the darker the skin of your character, the lighter the textures on the affected clothing will be.

Edited by Giolon

I've been having this issue ever since I equipped the Black Hold Striker's MK-1 Robe on my Lv 50 Shadow. The in-game colour is a light beige, whereas the colour in the item icon, preview window, all conversations and in the character window is the correct brown.

My character is Kanamé on Begeren Colony if you'd like to take a look