400 Synthweaving

StrifedRevan

So far, i have found synthweaving to be a waste of time. maxed it and now it turns out the armour i got fro mthe quests on my way to 50 is better than anything i can make. not impressed. I get the whole schematic thing but the vendor should atleast be able to teach me thigns which are better than what a normal world heroic will give me for completing it.

Wish i'd gone cybertech

Investigation will yield the primeval schematics. Those are the highest grade of crafted items. You can find them on the auction house as people are usually selling. They start out as blue, but you can reverse engineer them to make even better stuff.

There are lot of primeval schematics. One for every type of armor. I.E. Tank Light Armor, healer light armor, and dps light armor.

Edit: The primeval schematics are the name for the 50 versions. You can find them at virtually any crafted level. For example there are ancient schematics for the level 45 gear.

Edited by Aqualisk

Synthweaving is mostly useless for light armour wearers. I've kept my Synthweaving up as I level so that I can craft level-appropriate gear, but there's not much gear that's worth crafting. At various times I've used a pair of boots, a couple of belts, and some bracers. However, those items are quickly replaced by quest rewards, specialty vendor items, or commendation items.

I do keep up on my schematics and have blue/purple for numerous items, but there simply aren't enough schematics for Synthweaving to be viable.

Also, I see my clone all the time. I'm not sure where Bioware gets this "There are hundreds/thousands of different appearances in the game." There's not enough visual diversity in the game, tbh.

Edited by Heimskringla

What are you guys smoking? You get the best in game bracers and belts and you get them a good 5-6 levels before anyone else can from questing. If you are not disasembling that is your problem. Every time you disasemble a green there is a chance you learn a blue patern and the same from blue to epic patterns. At max level you can get the best epic bracers and belts from day one. Did you really expect to be able to craft all of your gear thus making the rest of the entire game useless to crafters. I think not!

Idk why everyone hates on Synthweaving so much.

I picked this skill up and on my level 41 Sorcerer, this skill has made me BANK. Basically I am one of the only people on my server to craft many of the open socket orange items ranging from level 31-39. I sell each item for 5k-15k each and so far I have made over 500,000 credits.

Maybe it isnt so useful for crafting your own personal armor, but I find it to be a good money maker.

So far, i have found synthweaving to be a waste of time. maxed it and now it turns out the armour i got fro mthe quests on my way to 50 is better than anything i can make. not impressed. I get the whole schematic thing but the vendor should atleast be able to teach me thigns which are better than what a normal world heroic will give me for completing it.

Wish i'd gone cybertech

I seem to be the only one that disagrees with this. My Synthweaving is on around 275 or so and I am level 36 ATM. My Sith Assassin friend and myself (a Marauder) both wear several pieces of gear I've made. The trend seems to be we can wear my crafted items for about 2 levels before finding something better. Whenever we replace my crafted gear with quest rewards I start working on raising Synthweaving again.

Not all pieces are good for all levels. Generally there is only 2 or 3 pieces I make per level that are better than the rewards. These are almost always the advanced version of a generic item (ie, earned via crafting or reverse engineering) and getting crits on these items helps a lot.

Occasionally somebody in the clan will toss me a blue recipe... and those are always fantastic items when I can make them for the appropriate level.

• 2 weeks later...
Idk why everyone hates on Synthweaving so much.

I picked this skill up and on my level 41 Sorcerer, this skill has made me BANK. Basically I am one of the only people on my server to craft many of the open socket orange items ranging from level 31-39. I sell each item for 5k-15k each and so far I have made over 500,000 credits.

Maybe it isnt so useful for crafting your own personal armor, but I find it to be a good money maker.

The orange's are the most confusing thing for me with Synthweaving. I get the green -> blue -> purp. And I love that. So far I'm noticing something I make purp at say lvl 35 isn't outleveled by a green till lvl 41 or so. There's a good 5-7 level spread on the purps I make before they are replaced by quest gear or sometimes even flashpoint gear.

But what I don't get is how oranges make anyone money. They are 100% aesthetic from what I can tell. People still need to buy all the mods to give it stats. If I make a lvl 50 orange with no actual stats yet, and then I make a purp that has all the stats applied already with no slots (assuming it's not an augmentable piece), shouldn't that purple be worth WAY more? That's where I'm assuming the money is gonna come from. Discover all the Purple's that are good for difference classes and sell those high level pieces.

Am I missing something? Do oranges provide a stat benefit over purple's? Or only if they have an augment slot? Purples WITH an augment slot seem like the creme dela creme of crafting armor.

But what I don't get is how oranges make anyone money. They are 100% aesthetic from what I can tell. People still need to buy all the mods to give it stats. If I make a lvl 50 orange with no actual stats yet, and then I make a purp that has all the stats applied already with no slots (assuming it's not an augmentable piece), shouldn't that purple be worth WAY more? That's where I'm assuming the money is gonna come from. Discover all the Purple's that are good for difference classes and sell those high level pieces.

Am I missing something? Do oranges provide a stat benefit over purple's? Or only if they have an augment slot? Purples WITH an augment slot seem like the creme dela creme of crafting armor.

If you knew the answer to this, you would be a rich man!

ToR is an open market and people will spend credits on what they want, what they think they want, and what you tell them they need.

I am a 400 synth and I use whatever is best in slot stat wise - but I am picking up a lot of mods for orange gear and most of my gear is custom at lvl 48. The mods I use mostly come from quest rewards. One of my goals as a synth is to collect a variety of patterns for orange(custom) items.

Edited by Jadalyn

I'm 400 Synth and level 50.

Two words: Rakata Gear.

Synth gets patterns for both bracers and waist of the BiS raiding gear. It's worth it just for those two pieces. You can also craft orange gear and have the ability to crit augment slots on those pieces so thats a pretty nice perk too.

Im almost lvl 42 and my Synthweaving is at lvl 340.. And depending on how much you reverse Engineer a lot of the stuff is way better then that from quest rewards. Gear Drops from flash points are sometimes better if not worse. i used some purps i made for a good 7 lvls because nothing was better stat wise

I won't deny that Synth-Weaving is worth it at 400 but before you get to the "BiS"-Part in End-Game, orange gear is imo the more versatile option.

I was 200 Synthweaving when I realized I had 5 Orange Items I easily upgraded through questrewards and on any other slot the self crafted items provided no benefit over reward-gear.

I took up cybertech and equiped my companions with some oranges, enabling me to keep all their and my gear up to date. An even more so, I'm able to fine-tune stats with the different mods available. Plus Earpieces.

I essentially cater 6-7 Slots for any with minimal effort. If I need more wis, I get it, if I need more endurance, I get it.

I'd like to have found synth-weaving viable for use while leveling but it just lacks versatility in that regard.

If they'd merged weaving and armortech, that'd be another issue, but as it is, you sacrifice a lot.

Not as much as weapon-tech though. Poor fellows. ^^

People give way more emphasis to looks than you might think. I used the same black custom robes for nearly 25 levels (I dont really remember but long), because I couldnt find a better-looking replacement.

What are you guys smoking? You get the best in game bracers and belts and you get them a good 5-6 levels before anyone else can from questing. If you are not disasembling that is your problem. Every time you disasemble a green there is a chance you learn a blue patern and the same from blue to epic patterns. At max level you can get the best epic bracers and belts from day one. Did you really expect to be able to craft all of your gear thus making the rest of the entire game useless to crafters. I think not!

I totally agree with this. I also would like to point out that there is a certain pride I have for seeing my name on my gear in the character sheet. It shows I worked to develop something. So many people try to race through the game to get to 50 asap, and thats okay, for me though, I enjoy taking my time, leveling professions, getting titles, collecting datacrons etc. Learning a skill/profession is not always just about getting the best gear asap.

• 3 weeks later...

They key is being able to craft variety of oranges, lvl 50 epics (if you farm the boss drop crafting mat) and hoping you craft an item that ends up with an open augment (not mod enhancement or armor, but augment).

Yes, i've seen a lvl 50 player with an orange saber that had an augment slot open...he said it cost him close to 300K

I was given a chest piece schematic that looks pretty decent and is orange (cant remember the name offhand) I just craft a couple of those, go on the GTN and buy mods for it and then sell them modded out. It doesnt even have to be max gear. I tried modding it out for level 32, the mods cost me something like 7k total and I was able to sell it for 25k on the GTN, so if your creative, you can make money on the Oranges.

Would you all agree that as far as oranges go, really any set (low level or high level) is fairly valuable since it's an aesthetic thing? I've found myself liking the look of some of the lower level stuff and thinking that might be goo to get all the schematics for.

lvl 50 schematics seem like they are valuable mostly because they are just a bit harder to get depending where they drop.

• 2 months later...

Seems to be ALOT of people dissing on Synthweaving. But to be honest ive found it quite useful, especially for getting gear at lvl 50 that is helpful for doing the earlier hardmode flashpoints to get better gear.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor Assassin, At around lvl 35 i maxed all my crew skills, Synthweaving, Archaeology, and Underworld Training. Arch/UT both help with synthweaving as they yield the materials needed to craft the gear. I started working immediately on the "Dark Synth" set, creating the green items that can be bought from the trainer on the imperial fleet. The dark synth gear is lvl 49 required but at the epic 2nd prefixed level, its comparable to gear gained from the first hardmode flashpoints. for example Fervor Critical Dark Synth Robe (MasterCraft) is Armor rating 126 with 440 armor, 59 Endurance 74 Willpower 77accuracy 29 Power and 49 Critical, keep in mind this is with the Advanced Willpower Augment in it, with +23 Willpower. Getting mastercraft items is the key to synthweaving. Mastercraft is only available on Epic prefix Level 2 items. this means it has 2 prefixes in the name, and the only way that is achieved is through upgrading it (lots of RE'ing) from a green level.

• 2 weeks later...