EV 16m Normal - Ancient Pylons. Thoughts?

Hi all.

Tonight we were farting around in 16-man Eternity Vault on normal, even though we can run two 8-man Hard modes and some Nightmare without much trouble.

Despite the double damage bug on the Droid, we didn't have a problem with him. Gharj was also a joke as you might expect for a tank and spank with an overgeared raid.

We ran into some issues on Pylons. The adds were simply too much to keep up with, even with optimal pillar solutions. We feel that since our DPS is capable of beating Hard and Nightmare enrage timers, we're probably missing something strategically rather than in terms of gear on this encounter.

If anyone wants to share ideas, we'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

On normal 16 man at least you put all 16 people at one pylon. Start the puzzle and kill all the enemies spawn ( Should be roughly 5 x 3 spawns 1 x insect, 3 x 3 spawns, 1 x insect, 1 x 3 spawn, 2 insects) After the final 2 Insect Mobs spawn no more enemies will spawn at that pylon.

At that point move the raid ( minus perhaps one or two if you want to continue to solve the puzzle as you fight on the other side to save time). repeat the process on the second side and solve the puzzle. Then collect loot.

If you leave 2 members at the first pylon you can solve the entire puzzle well before the last spawn on the second pylon which saves time/fighting.

On normal 16 man at least you put all 16 people at one pylon. Start the puzzle and kill all the enemies spawn ( Should be roughly 5 x 3 spawns 1 x insect, 3 x 3 spawns, 1 x insect, 1 x 3 spawn, 2 insects) After the final 2 Insect Mobs spawn no more enemies will spawn at that pylon.

At that point move the raid ( minus perhaps one or two if you want to continue to solve the puzzle as you fight on the other side to save time). repeat the process on the second side and solve the puzzle. Then collect loot.

If you leave 2 members at the first pylon you can solve the entire puzzle well before the last spawn on the second pylon which saves time/fighting.

Ahh, now that makes sense. We thought of that but someone said that if you waited to clear all the adds at the first pylon, the puzzle would lock and you'd be boned. Bad information I guess.

Thanks!

I can share what we do.

We split the group into 2 8 man groups and go to each pylon. The folks over at sithwarror.com have found a solution/turn order to go from one color to the solution color. I highly recommend solving the turn order before starting. Since on normal there is no lockout we place one range dps on the puzzle at all times. Usually, we are able to solve the puzzle right after the first champion(insect thing).

Things to watch out for: Melee adds have a reflect shield that reflects all damage back, if not more(I think its 200% on HM). The good thing is the adds hit for next to nothing so just move on the the next add. We got counter clockwise while the tank goes clockwise.

Kill range first since they can CC and have NO SHIELD.

The melee and every other add can be interrupted and cced if things get crazy.

We think this is the fastest way to do it and it works very well for us. One thing to note is this encounter can be very difficult if the operation group has low health(12K). Our first attempt about 2 weeks ago everyone was at 12k health and made it almost impossible. After gearing my marauder has 17K health, which makes this a breeze.

Keep at it and goodluck:)