Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

There is a reason why blizzard nerfed the paladin bubble. Same reason Mara bubble needs to be fixed. You should not be able to do full dmg while being immune to pretty well everything. Make it so when a Mara uses this bubble its defensively and not offensively. Cut all damage and healing while bubble is up by 50%. I think its ok that you should be able to survive while its up but being able to kill multiple ppl while its up is just wrong and shouldnt be happening.

First, you're talking about the wrong ability. See:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/fYZIabE/undying-rage

The point is that they remain fully offensive while gaining a tremendous amount of defense comparable to a paladin bubble. Not to mention, a 90 second cooldown? I have no idea what they were thinking when they were implementing this ability. It's for the lack of a better term: grossly overpowered and by far the best defensive cooldown in game at the current moment.

EDIT ****Good Constructive Feedback So Far*****

Not saying that marauders don't deserve this ability but this seems much better suited as a jug type ability, high up in the tanking tree.

My point exactly. I've seen what good maras/sents can do with this ability and the recovery they can make with it is incredible. Pair that with a healer, guard or taunting tank on the enemy team and that mara/sent automatically becomes one of the lowest priority targets.

I'd take a massive damage loss when it's up, but ONLY if I get to keep that 50% HP I had to lose to use it.

The ability wasnt well thought out. Its intent was to be a last ditch effort to give the maur/sent enough time to try and finish the opponent off before they die. Its intended to be used at low hp because of the 50% hp loss.

But what actualy happens is this. They pop the shield at low hp and lose a couple hundred hp. Then they use medpac or get healed while invuln and get back a large portion of there hp while keeping the shield up.

If you ask me keep this ability as is just reduce healing taken by 100% when the effect is up.

I find it odd that a Dps class can out live a tank class.

All of you who are defending this ability, are speaking from a casual warzone perspective.

Yes, under normal circumstances when you're playing with randoms, it's simply used to live for 5 seconds longer before you die, no big deal.

However, in the only kind of PvP that actually MATTERS, which is ORGANIZED PvP... any kind of immunity from damage is absolutely game breaking.

EDIT****Conclusion****

After 60+ pages and 17000+ views it has been concluded that a damage reduction perhaps isn't needed. The hp loss penalty as is isn't a penalty. Making it so a 99% healing reduction was added to this ability would fix the penalty so it would be working as intended. There hasn't been one mara/sent that has been able to debate this properly without using l2p scenarios. I urge the pvp team to consider this. For organized pvp this is one small step to an overall balance. Sure there are other issues that need to be attended to but clearly this has gotten the attention its deserved to be looked into. Hopefully BW & the pvp team can resolve this with what "they" think is a solution to this overpowered ability. No complete damage reductions were ever good for any ranked competitive pvp. If this isn't addressed you will most likely see a huge reroll of this class with threads to come after ranked warzones start. I trust the pvp team will be able to work it out.

Edited by kiroshei

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would it cripple their class? They would still be great ball carriers. So you think its completely fine that they get 100% dmg while an immunity is up? Paladins complained about the same crap when blizzard nerfed it. Its needed. Right now a defensive ability is being used offensively. Thats not intended i'm sure. Just like it wasn't intended for the pally. Edited by kiroshei

There is a reason why blizzard nerfed the paladin bubble. Same reason Mara bubble needs to be fixed. You should not be able to do full dmg while being immune to pretty well everything. Make it so when a Mara uses this bubble its defensively and not offensively. Cut all damage and healing while bubble is up by 50%. I think its ok that you should be able to survive while its up but being able to kill multiple ppl while its up is just wrong and shouldnt be happening.

I've talked about this a while back. It should be looked at.

I'm sure the only ones that wont vote for this are mara's since they have lolgoodtimes when they can pop one cooldown and be invincible while killing everyone. I know as a pvper i'm not alone on this thought so i'm going to make it heard. Its completely broken. If youre not going to fix it give me a force bubble too so i can lol with the maras.

Their bubble as you call it doesnt make them immune to damage like the pally version in WoW. All it does it reflect a certain percentage of that damage back at the player.

ok. youre wrong. just because bioware made it so all of my damage abilities while the bubble is up say 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1. Does not mean its not an immunity. If they have 100hp left and pop this bubble it will literally take 60-70 attacks to kill them. Thats not an immunity? Popping all cooldowns and hitting them with my biggest hitting ability produces a whopping 4 dmg. lol.

Mara pops undying rage.

Other classes uses any of their many knockbacks, pulls, stuns and cc's and the immunity is already gone.

Stop crying.

good pvpers dont pop the bubble until the resolve bar is full. but ty for your input. again. wrong.

Their bubble as you call it doesnt make them immune to damage like the pally version in WoW. All it does it reflect a certain percentage of that damage back at the player.

The point is that they remain fully offensive while gaining a tremendous amount of defense comparable to a paladin bubble. Not to mention, a 90 second cooldown? I have no idea what they were thinking when they were implementing this ability. It's for the lack of a better term: grossly overpowered and by far the best defensive cooldown in game at the current moment.

Edited by Xinika

It's always a problem when a class has any form of immunity in any game. I've never really minded the mara's too much because a) there's not too many good ones out there and b) they are the defacto dps pvp class, so yeah it's kind of expected to be destroyed by them if and when they have all their rage meter completely up.

yes. because there is no other players in the match filling his resolve bar. this the best you got to defend your OP ability?

Other people on your team being stupid means we should nerf an ability?

How about we nerf my pulse cannon since people stand in it?

Or nerf all healing cuz my team's melee don't shut down the healers.

Edited by Grubfist

yes. because there is no other players in the match filling his resolve bar. this the best you got to defend your OP ability?

You are saying my class should be nerfed into the ground because other players are bad? That is not okay with me. Instead of asking for a nerf, educate the community.

Other people on your team being stupid means we should nerf an ability?

How about we nerf my pulse cannon since people stand in it?

how is it a nerf? you still get to have the best defensive ability in the game. you just wont be able to get mad kills with it. it will be working as intended. as a DEFENSIVE ability. just cut the dmg by 50% while its up. no problems. still viable for the way it should be used.

You are saying my class should be nerfed into the ground because other players are bad? That is not okay with me. Instead of asking for a nerf, educate the community.

you have claimed to be nerfed into the ground by this fix. without any actual constructive feedback to prove HOW you will be nerfed in to the ground. the reason for this is because you truly know that the only thing that will be nerfed is your ability to roflstomp players while never dieing lol. come back when you have something constructive to add to convince me you put some thought into it.

Edited by kiroshei

Interesting. 5 seconds? I was sure that it was longer than that. Does it feel like 5 seconds to everyone else? I know my interrupts are only 4 secs but they seem to be very brief in contrast to the Undying rage.

how is it a nerf? you still get to have the best defensive ability in the game. you just wont be able to get mad kills with it. it will be working as intended. as a DEFENSIVE ability. just cut the dmg by 50% while its up. no problems. still viable for the way it should be used.

Oh, see, I'm calling your stupid idea stupid, so I must be a member of the class you're trying to get nerfed.

I mean, my highest sentinel was level 12 when I deleted him, and I've never had a marauder.

But logic decrees that if I disagree with you, it must be because I have something to lose or gain.

It's not MY ability. And your OPINION of how it SHOULD be used is just that, an opinion.

Stop calling for nerfs, this game is balanced.

And of course it's a nerf. Your entire post is saying how it needs to reduce damage and healing done. That's a nerf. The debate is about whether or not that nerf is needed. Keep up.

Interesting. 5 seconds? I was sure that it was longer than that. Does it feel like 5 seconds to everyone else? I know my interrupts are only 4 secs but they seem to be very brief in contrast to the Undying rage.

Can be 6 seconds and their PvP sets reduces the CD by 15 secs.

First thing, Mara bubble isn't even close to as strong as the Paly one.

Paly bubble: 8 seconds, immune to all forms of damage, removes any negative effects from the player and prevents further effects from hitting while bubble is up, costs nothing to cast.

Mara bubble: 5 seconds, reduces 99% of damage (which yes is basically immune), does NOT remove any negative effects, does not prevent further negative effects (cc namely), costs HALF the remaining life of the Mara to cast.

They don't compare, it is already so much worse than the Paly version on every part of the ability. It does not need a nerf, people just need to learn to cc when it's up and wait the 5 seconds.