Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 Sorcerer Streaming Top Dmg Every Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
#1 Sorcerer Streaming Top Dmg Every Game

davidpop
01.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Baric View Post
If you want to impress me as a sorcerer then be the top healer every game. The top healer is who will usually get the MVP votes and is going to be FAR more respected. Damage dealers are a dime a dozen.
Who said he was trying to impress you, personally i could care less about impressing random strangers on the internet.

I enjoyed watching abit of ligthing spamming, was fun to see even if wasent blown away.

Ruuprect
01.06.2012 , 01:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by davidpop View Post
What do you get for being MVP?

I always pick the one with the least dmg, least heals and least medals, basicly the guy who is afking the whole game, thats my mvp :P
ROFL LOL-I may start doing that as well, I love this idea.

I dont think you get anything but the sense of recognition that others on your team see you are doing well and it's appreciated.

vindianajones
01.06.2012 , 01:47 PM | #13
No offense to the OP. I'm sure you're just dandy to watch PvP, but why are 99% of the PvP videos posted here of Sorcerers? Could it be because they're 99% of the population? I'd love to watch something else, thanks. Too much Force Lightning leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Syrch
01.06.2012 , 01:47 PM | #14
I don't think the warzones are really damage dependent. I mean, I don't care who is top damage. I care about medals. Medals require damage, healing, guarding, defending objectives, etc. The more medals, the more they helped the team.

Top damage is only going to have 3 or 4 medals. Do damage and get goals, defend, etc, and you'll get 6, 7, 8, 9+ medals.

I vote MVP based on medals. A level 16 isn't going to be top damage or healing, but a level 16 that is doing damage, guarding/healing, running the ball, etc. can easily get 7 or 8 medals and they deserve an MVP vote for helping the team.

MVP gives you more Valor and more Warzone commendations - just like more medals does as well, so it's a double incentive to actually help out instead of spamming a spell to get high damage.

Madcatyoji
01.06.2012 , 01:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by vindianajones View Post
No offense to the OP. I'm sure you're just dandy to watch PvP, but why are 99% of the PvP videos posted here of Sorcerers? Could it be because they're 99% of the population? I'd love to watch something else, thanks. Too much Force Lightning leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
It's more likely because the kind of person who is drawn to a light armor squishy mage type class is more inclined to post video's.
Lok'Looth Yojimbo - The Enforcer - Coon and Friends PVP Guild - The Bastion PVP Server

Abraxxes
01.06.2012 , 02:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Baric View Post
If you want to impress me as a sorcerer then be the top healer every game. The top healer is who will usually get the MVP votes and is going to be FAR more respected. Damage dealers are a dime a dozen.
Pure lies, I've been top healer every game I've played since I respecced and rarely ever get medals unless its a premade. I had a game where I went 565,330 Healing Done on Void Star, it was a pug, so no guard, and I still managed to only let 2 people die the whole game. My team ended up losing and I had 0 MvP votes. This is rather consistent for me and I usually get 400,000 or so at this point regardless of the warzone, yet I never get medals unless I queue as a group with my guild.

Jillzz
01.06.2012 , 02:01 PM | #17
Nothing special tbh..

Ruuprect
01.06.2012 , 02:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrch View Post
I don't think the warzones are really damage dependent. I mean, I don't care who is top damage. I care about medals. Medals require damage, healing, guarding, defending objectives, etc. The more medals, the more they helped the team.

Top damage is only going to have 3 or 4 medals. Do damage and get goals, defend, etc, and you'll get 6, 7, 8, 9+ medals.

I vote MVP based on medals. A level 16 isn't going to be top damage or healing, but a level 16 that is doing damage, guarding/healing, running the ball, etc. can easily get 7 or 8 medals and they deserve an MVP vote for helping the team.

MVP gives you more Valor and more Warzone commendations - just like more medals does as well, so it's a double incentive to actually help out instead of spamming a spell to get high damage.
This makes sense, I would have too agree. Never thought of it that way. I usually looked at damage healing and objective pts and decided that way.

Zarovich
01.06.2012 , 02:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Abraxxes View Post
Pure lies, I've been top healer every game I've played since I respecced and rarely ever get medals unless its a premade. I had a game where I went 565,330 Healing Done on Void Star, it was a pug, so no guard, and I still managed to only let 2 people die the whole game. My team ended up losing and I had 0 MvP votes. This is rather consistent for me and I usually get 400,000 or so at this point regardless of the warzone, yet I never get medals unless I queue as a group with my guild.
Yep, most people vote for their bros regardless how good/bad their bro did in the match.

Juska-Zann
01.06.2012 , 02:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Onepro View Post
Lightning lightning lightning sprint heal lightning lightning lightning
zap zap zaaaaap zap **** GTFOOOOOO zap zap zaaaaaap stand around zaaaap heal zap zap carebearfriendrages zaaaaaap zapzap

most impressive sir