Even after all this time. I still think this game has potential.

Teladis

I only play a monthish every few years to do story content, Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the questing, and stuff. What holds me back? The combat.

People who like this game will hate me saying this, but I feel like this skill bloat, and class design really needs some work. Other mmos are willing to make big changes, but I feel like this community and developers still has NGE fears, and it holds them back on making combat changes.

I try to get my friends into the game, they always tell me the same thing. Skill bloat, and just unfun combat. Skill bloat is a math issue, that can easily be fixed while keep the classes near the same. Let me give you an example.

I play an Sith Warrior vengeance. People tell me it is the easier spec to play, and I agree. The thing is...that does not make it less tedious. I come back and they added a tedious skill that feels very little impact unless you get the set, and it is the most boring skill i have ever seen. Furious Power.

For one, the rage bar might as well not be around. I really don't feel like it matters at all, with the rotation and cd all lined up. All it does is forcing me to use Sundering Assault first. A fancier way of what putting a debuff on a target. It would be the same thing, because Rage players very little impact.

The defensive. I mean do we really need that many?

For people who don't know

https://sites.google.com/view/merlyn-swtor/imperial/sith-warrior/juggernaut/vengeance-juggernaut

6 of them, Oh and skill like impale feel very uneventful when pushing.

I'm not going to sit here and complain and say I have no ideas how to fix it. I do, and it won't make everyone happy, as you can't really do that.

My change to spec would be something like this.

Get rid of sundering assault, Enrage, Furious Power. Endure Pain buff the other defensive Combine Saber ward and reflect and keep cd 1 min. I mean even in pvp all these defensives don't mean jack. So combing them and buffing them but having less would go a long way.

Core concept.

Sweeping strike and Assault gets a buff. It will be your main attack. None of your skills take rage, and both attacks build only 1 rage. Ravage has a chance to make your next sweeping and assault do more damage. Your other skills will still add dots, and smash still spreads the dot. So what changes?

When you get full Rage, you get a buff One with the force becoming enraged. Your rage slowly drains but you are faster and stronger You become empower and your skills. Not only do they give a nasty dot, But your assault or sweeping has a chance to proc one to take a random skill off cooldown.

I mean that would be the most fun for my taste. And I know many would hate it. But this idea shows just how creative you can be with these classes.

The class design in this game is ...interesting to say the least. I despise the ability bloat myself, the over-abundance of abilities that don't seem to need to exist, and there are indeed some classes I cannot play worth a darn. Rotations seem to be more complicated than they need to be.

Yet, I see other players do very well in some of these specs. To the contrary, some of the specs I'm good at, others aren't, which surprises me.

While I am not a huge fan of the class design, I do find it interesting how different people handle different specs with varying competency. In a way, this is good class design; each specialization speaks to different people, and it allows players to represent themselves in different ways. I'm the Annihilation Marauder. He's the Innovative Ordnance Mercenary. We're both good players in that regard, yet we'd be terrible at playing as each other's specs.

The class design in this game is ...interesting to say the least. I despise the ability bloat myself, the over-abundance of abilities that don't seem to need to exist, and there are indeed some classes I cannot play worth a darn. Rotations seem to be more complicated than they need to be.

Yet, I see other players do very well in some of these specs. To the contrary, some of the specs I'm good at, others aren't, which surprises me.

While I am not a huge fan of the class design, I do find it interesting how different people handle different specs with varying competency. In a way, this is good class design; each specialization speaks to different people, and it allows players to represent themselves in different ways. I'm the Annihilation Marauder. He's the Innovative Ordnance Mercenary. We're both good players in that regard, yet we'd be terrible at playing as each other's specs.

Ya, like if this game took some chances and fleshed out the combat and skill bloat. I think this game could build up even more than it has. I mean i've talked with some people in the game, and i've only found a select few who does not want change. Many of them are saying that they class design has failed, and it really does need a update.

The very sad thing is, I thought more people would disagree with me, but even the ones who enjoy the classes feel like something needs to change after all this time. A mmo is ever changing after all.

That speaks volumes to me.

The very sad thing is, I thought more people would disagree with me, but even the ones who enjoy the classes feel like something needs to change after all this time. A mmo is ever changing after all.

That speaks volumes to me.

Raises hand yelling I DISAGREE:rak_03:. No but seriously, I do, any changes to how the classes work has to be done with extreme care not to alienate the current playerbase. Not to say I'm opposed to changes if they end up being positive but I do like all the abilities I have for my Sith Assassin, if the playstyle changes too much I might find myself not enjoying.

I don't want this game to turn into ESO where I can just has 5 abilities on each quickbar. Also, the forums are not all of the playerbase so not trying to be rude but the fact people here aren't opposing your idea, does not mean they're not there. Much like the opposite, there could be far more people agreeing with you out there than here.

Edited by FlameYOL

Raises hand yelling I DISAGREE:rak_03:. No but seriously, I do, any changes to how the classes work has to be done with extreme care not to alienate the current playerbase. Not to say I'm opposed to changes if they end up being positive but I do like all the abilities I have for my Sith Assassin, if the playstyle changes too much I might find myself not enjoying.

I don't want this game to turn into ESO where I can just has 5 abilities on each quickbar. Also, the forums are not all of the playerbase so not trying to be rude but the fact people here aren't opposing your idea, does not mean they're not there. Much like the opposite, there could be far more people agreeing with you out there than here.

Not being rude, i was mostly talking about people i've talked with in game. And I figure one of the more die hard players would go to the forums. Is all I was meaning by that.

Any changes come with risks sadly, and eso bleh. Pretty much for me. On my jug rage feels kinda pointless, and i got so many defensives that the choice to use them is water down when i can layer them in the way it is design. oh and pvp they dont even matter lol.