Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tcalusine
01.20.2012 , 06:08 PM | #771
Still no official word?

Keeping thread alive.

Aemony
01.20.2012 , 06:14 PM | #772
Just lovely. The CD of my SI's Overload ability is now completely impossible to decipher. Wonderful. Really. Because whom uses abilities in this game, eh?

SunwindIon
01.20.2012 , 06:50 PM | #773
bumppppppp..

worstluck
01.20.2012 , 06:56 PM | #774
No offense, but this was a silly change. I just don't understand the thought process. The hotbar works great like that, in every game. If you ability is on cooldown, it's greyed out. The hotbar with abilities works well like that, there is reason for the ability being greyed out when not usable.

It makes no sense to have the ability lit up like you can use, then have a tiny, transparent line running down it. I find myself just mashing the button now. Odd change to say the least. Would be wise to change it back.

tumpai
01.20.2012 , 06:56 PM | #775
this game is sucessful.... people from other games are getting scared
''We actually haven't talked about that yet'' -- Bioware staff Oct 23, 2008 - present

vandana_
01.20.2012 , 06:59 PM | #776
please fix it next maintenance (24th)
V'ox

ChrisJSY
01.20.2012 , 07:02 PM | #777
My 3min cooldown abilities look complete when they still have <20 secs left of cooldown.
There's virtually no discernable difference in the icon from that time and lower.

Worse on long CD abilities mostly, of course; because that is how it works.

vandana_
01.20.2012 , 07:21 PM | #778
The thread has been answered. Hopefully, we see the change in the upcoming patch!
V'ox

SunwindIon
01.20.2012 , 07:26 PM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
No fix in just released 1.1.1 patch notes. Great job listening to the community which you take so much pride in.
Quote:

Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.

Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.
isn't this it? I hope so.. sounds like it.

vandana_
01.20.2012 , 07:27 PM | #780
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
isn't this it? I hope so.. sounds like it.
Hopefully.
V'ox