Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jdela's Avatar


jdela
01.20.2012 , 09:35 AM | #651
Not to be contrarian, but I am having no issues with the way that it is currently. I can see perfectly clearly when the cooldown is up and I know beforehand whether or not I have the requirements to use it as well. This change had made it easier for me personally to manage my skills.

So, I think it should be an option to turn on the gray box or not. Everyone likes options and this will satisfy people who think it works now and people that want it to work the old way.

I can work with it either way personally, but I do prefer the new implementation over the old.

SunwindIon's Avatar


SunwindIon
01.20.2012 , 09:38 AM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by jdela View Post
Not to be contrarian, but I am having no issues with the way that it is currently. I can see perfectly clearly when the cooldown is up and I know beforehand whether or not I have the requirements to use it as well. This change had made it easier for me personally to manage my skills.

So, I think it should be an option to turn on the gray box or not. Everyone likes options and this will satisfy people who think it works now and people that want it to work the old way.

I can work with it either way personally, but I do prefer the new implementation over the old.
based on this my guess is that the developer that implemented this plays your class or a similar one, and didn't take into acount how it would affect everyone else

RollingDeep's Avatar


RollingDeep
01.20.2012 , 09:39 AM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful.

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-
Wait.....what?

On a side note, why do people make their problems sound like everyone is having the same problem? Has it occurred to the OP that the way it is now helps more people that it's hurt?

RollingDeep's Avatar


RollingDeep
01.20.2012 , 09:43 AM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
based on this my guess is that the developer that implemented this plays your class or a similar one, and didn't take into acount how it would affect everyone else
Except I just raided with your mirror in a marauder in EV and he undoubtedly led in dps and you can't do that with cool downs not working properly. Just because you are having an issue doesn't mean everyone is having said issue.

I do hope you get to enjoy the game soon however that may

onnefalt's Avatar


onnefalt
01.20.2012 , 09:51 AM | #655
Agreed.
I keep pressing skills that have 1-3 sec left of cooldown time. Annoying...

Telgath's Avatar


Telgath
01.20.2012 , 09:51 AM | #656
YES! Please make it optional.

As a Knight/Watchman it has definitely slowed me down.

This class has a very high task load, with very little time to execute properly. With the hot key switching on or off I did not need to focus on the key to know its state. I could note its state change and not look directly at it. Now I have to focus on the key to see if the line has reached the bottom.
Aiden Lorean
Level 50 Watchman
The Jekk'Jekk Tarr
The Older Gamers

SunwindIon's Avatar


SunwindIon
01.20.2012 , 09:52 AM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by RollingDeep View Post
Just because you are having an issue doesn't mean everyone is having said issue.
except the other hundreds of people posting in this thread? lol.

KSheriff's Avatar


KSheriff
01.20.2012 , 10:01 AM | #658
I haven't had any issues, but then again, I adapt pretty quickly.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, Bioware puts in some more HUD customization options, so that people can stop complaining about minor crap.

That said, I preferred the pre-1.1 c/d display. I'm not sure what the rational was on the change, but I'm almost positive it was the result of an opposite complaint.

Stormrazor's Avatar


Stormrazor
01.20.2012 , 10:04 AM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by RollingDeep View Post
Wait.....what?

On a side note, why do people make their problems sound like everyone is having the same problem? Has it occurred to the OP that the way it is now helps more people that it's hurt?

The thing is, I don't recall any massive threads at all asking for this change. It seems like it came from out of the blue. Can anyone point me to the thread where this change was asked for by the community?

MrOuija's Avatar


MrOuija
01.20.2012 , 10:06 AM | #660
This thread is over two days old, 66 pages long and yet have you seen an official response.
THEY DON'T CARE!
They haven't even acknowledged the "issue"!
Faction Imbalance made me lose my interest.