Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SunwindIon
01.18.2012 , 10:39 AM | #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
We hear your feedback and are working on adjustments to increase the readability of the cooldown UI in an upcoming patch.

-- Georg
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...76#post1945576

In patch 1.1 the overlay on your abilities which showed when they were available to use or not was changed to an overlay that goes down to the bottom of the icon as it's cooldown comes up, but because the icon isn't "greyed out" anymore, a lot of the time it looks like you can click an ability that is on cooldown and use it, but you can't.

As a Jedi Sentinel I already spent half my time staring at all my cooldowns but now with this it's more like 99% of the time spent staring at my bars trying to decipher my next move because I can't just clearly see what is on cooldown or what is not, it's awful.

We want this change reverted to the way it was, which was PERFECTLY FINE. Why you even felt the need to change it in the first place is beyond me. I hope bioware don't think this is what we were talking about with regard to "ability delay", because that is a completely separate issue and the visual indications of when an ability is on cooldown or not had nothing to do with it, so in the end I really can't fathom why they changed it.

CHANGE IT BACK! I can't play like this -.-

Quote from some guy that puts it pretty succintly:
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Except you cannot easily see if an ability is actually "off CD" or just "nearly off CD", this is a vital difference.

In some cases it can easily look like an ability is off CD, but in reality it had a good 7+ seconds left before it its, just the timer bar has effectively merged with the bottom of the icon.

This is much, much worse than the orginal UI design, it's solved a minor problem only to create a major one.

izayoinotsuki
01.18.2012 , 10:42 AM | #2
Agree...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

phut
01.18.2012 , 10:43 AM | #3
agree

Edryk
01.18.2012 , 10:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
surely everybody notices this? how did it get past testing? what a massive joke.
Did you try the PTR? Did you report it?

Maoxx
01.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #5
Honestly I wish they would put an option in the menu that would show you a numerical value for the CD's rather than a graphical one.

Salty_Wagyu
01.18.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
Same, hate what they've done to abilities, wish it just stayed grey. Now I'm having to look at abilities more often than the environment now.

zizzo
01.18.2012 , 10:49 AM | #7
I cant agree more.. Its almost impossible to tell if your medpacs are rdy or not when they are on a 8-0 sec cd, same goes for every other ability that has a long cd time.

What was the problem with UI / CD before rly? i had no porblems telling when my abilities was rdy or not before. this UI change rly made situations like pvp a BIG problem for me.

Please change it back ASAP!
Zizzo
Marauder Bloodworthy PVP
Member of Ragnarok

Aniaden
01.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #8
So what's going on?

Quraswren
01.18.2012 , 10:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aniaden View Post
So what's going on?
Nothing but more complaints from people that have a hard time adjusting.

I've had no problem so far.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Alkiii
01.18.2012 , 10:54 AM | #10
The fear of change in today's youth is quite amusing.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”