Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVirtus
01.20.2012 , 12:51 PM | #731
Agree 100%

Kunari
01.20.2012 , 12:53 PM | #732
Same here, agree!

antOWNio
01.20.2012 , 12:55 PM | #733
Agreed.

Also please add a timer to display the seconds over the abilities until they are off cooldown, this would help so much.

Mahdii
01.20.2012 , 12:55 PM | #734
Quote: Originally Posted by profaneascension View Post

I'm certainly not opposed to them switching it back to the old way, but people need to stop overreacting to the most minor of issues.
Blue indicator of remaining CD time on abilities that use blue icons is minor?

Image: http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

I beg of you to put yourself in my shoes. You play on a 52" television from your couch at 1920x1080 resolution. All you do is PvP and the new CD indicator is blue. Nine of your nineteen binded abilities icons are blue.

Out of those nine, seven have a CD after use. Seven of your abilities now are using a blue line as a CD indicator on blue icons. Can you see now how this isnt minor?

thedog
01.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #735
I wanted to add my voice to this thread and please put in an option to use the old way.

The new system is Ugly and makes it more difficult to play the game.

Thanks
TD

TheIronMonkey
01.20.2012 , 12:59 PM | #736
I agree. I could have sworn they had bugged some skills. It turns out that when the bar is low, almost close to be useable, you can't tell is not available yet. In the heat of the battle you keep seeing this option as available when it isn't. "What is wrong??? Why I click on it and doesn't do anything???" At one point I thought they had made choke hold dependent on rage or something.

You can leave the drop effect, but don't light up the icon until is ready.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

Deamon_Samurai
01.20.2012 , 01:00 PM | #737
I totally agree that it is quite difficult to see the timing on the cooldowns, now in heavy battle I find myself hitting what looks to be ready to only find out I get no action, so I try to hit anything to get off some damage. My rotation methods are now like playing hide and go seek.

Goretzu
01.20.2012 , 01:03 PM | #738
Quote: Originally Posted by Deamon_Samurai View Post
I totally agree that it is quite difficult to see the timing on the cooldowns, now in heavy battle I find myself hitting what looks to be ready to only find out I get no action, so I try to hit anything to get off some damage. My rotation methods are now like playing hide and go seek.

Yup it's nightmareish now, if you think you've acitived an ability that another ability chains off, only to realise too late that there was actually a few seconds on the first abilities CD.

They've really got to sort this out, SWTOR is such a CD dependant game to start with compared to most MMORPGs.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Arkimor
01.20.2012 , 01:13 PM | #739
Agreed; Bioware once again showing off their MMO talent.
Killer: 100%|Achiever: 40%| Socializer: 33%| Explorer: 33%

Warnings: 15 Infractions: 8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xugos View Post
This forum has better PvP than TOR, brah.

profaneascension
01.20.2012 , 01:14 PM | #740
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahdii View Post
Blue indicator of remaining CD time on abilities that use blue icons is minor?

Image: http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

I beg of you to put yourself in my shoes. You play on a 52" television from your couch at 1920x1080 resolution. All you do is PvP and the new CD indicator is blue. Nine of your nineteen binded abilities icons are blue.

Out of those nine, seven have a CD after use. Seven of your abilities now are using a blue line as a CD indicator on blue icons. Can you see now how this isnt minor?
All right, from your perspective I can see how it can be an issue. Perhaps this is more of a class-based thing, as I do not have a high level Jedi among my characters and didn't realize how many blue-colored icons you guys have. I also don't play on as large a screen as you do (I have a 24" monitor at 1920x1200).

Having said that, I have a Juggernaut, a Scoundrel and a Bounty Hunter, and I had to think really hard to remember what the icons looked like on cooldown prior to patch 1.1. There's a lot more red, green and yellow on the palettes of their skills; that may explain why the change didn't catch my attention.
Progenitor of the Byronic Legacy
If you're livin' in a bubble and you haven't got a fear / Well, you're gonna be in trouble, 'cause we're gonna steal your gear! / Cause what you got is what we Need and all we do is dirty deeds / We're the Loot W****s! Watch out! 'Cause we're the Loot W****s!