Cathars coming in Patch 2.1!

Iwipe

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you'r a subber you get 500 CC per month yea? Save them up and you pay nothing mate.

So they're no more complimentary coins for you to have fun huh ?

Now they're "save-them-for-upcomming-content-or-systems" coins ?

No, they are still complementary. Noone is forcing you to use customization kiosk, if your characters are already awesome-looking. You get a stipend, what you use it on is strictly your business.

What are you spending all your complimentary coins on exactly?

Just because you have coins doesn't mean you have to spend them. There are alot of people that can't seem to get past this concept, ie "oh well I have the coins so I should spend them." and the majority of these people end up spending on things like cartel packs when 1) They probably won't get what they want out of the pack & 2) They could buy whatever specific item they want from whatever pack off the GTN.

What are you spending all your complimentary coins on exactly?

I have yet to spend a single. I still have 7490, and haven't bought any either.

Contrarily to you, it's not only about me.

This is an MMO and there are thousands of us, and since I like the game a lot I want it to do well and don't want to see disgusted people unsub.

I have yet to spend a single. I still have 7490, and haven't bought any either.

There might not ever be anything on the CM that you'll want then. What purpose do they serve you? That's the question you should be asking, ie why is it that there's nothing that appeals to you on the CM?

I'm not surprised by it, but if they're not putting out content on the CM that you don't want, doesn't that tell you something?

Contrarily to you, it's not only about me.

This is an MMO and there are thousands of us, and since I like the game a lot I want it to do well and don't want to see disgusted people unsub.

The people that complain the most are those that spend their CCs on the packs, they have no idea how to save, and that's not something Bioware can fix. You're always going to have people that want to spend money the second they get it, and it's those people who are the loudest when it comes to this stuff.

The sad part is that the gamble packs are a gross way to go about doing things, but at the same time they're probably the thing keeping the game afloat in terms of the revenue they produce. It's a terrible double edged sword.

No, they are still complementary. Noone is forcing you to use customization kiosk, if your characters are already awesome-looking. You get a stipend, what you use it on is strictly your business.

Wait wut!?!?! I'm not forced to spend my CC's?!??!?! Gee Wally I never knew it was that easy! ;):p:D

PS- I always make my characters awesome looking from the get go, so the kiosk means nothing to me! :cool:

Edited by Wodaz

There might not ever be anything on the CM that you'll want then. What purpose do they serve you? That's the question you should be asking, ie why is it that there's nothing that appeals to you on the CM?

I'm not surprised by it, but if they're not putting out content on the CM that you don't want, doesn't that tell you something?

What tells you there's nothing I want in the CM ??? The fact I never used my CCs ?

I have a complete set of almost all CM wearables, bare a few (yes I don't have revan's mask or girdle for example but that's because the prices are inflated at the GTN), or ok well I have yet to complete the CM sand people set, I still miss the privateer chestpiece, stuff like that.

I have almost all vehicles except a throne because i don't like them, and meditation hoverchair (that I'd like to have one of but they're inflated as well...), I have almost all weapons as well, maybe except the ziost saber because I never found a nice deal and forgot about it... I don't have the tinsel bomb either : sells for millions... But frankly I have most CM cartel packs or CM sets or items, holos, some I use on some toons, some I keep as collectibles. I have doubles of many things, I use some for trades, etc... I equip many of my companions with cartel packs oranges, others with crafted oranges, others with "space" oranges, etc...

Oh and... I have one of each unlock (head hide toggle, title, unify colour, crew skills, etc...) as account wide, somewhere in the vault of an alt. I have like 10 or so additional character slot. Like 20 flashpoints pass, 10 operations pass, 10 warzone pass, etc... And those are not meant to be resold...

I just never used my CCs.

The people that complain the most are those that spend their CCs on the packs, they have no idea how to save, and that's not something Bioware can fix. You're always going to have people that want to spend money the second they get it, and it's those people who are the loudest when it comes to this stuff.

The sad part is that the gamble packs are a gross way to go about doing things, but at the same time they're probably the thing keeping the game afloat in terms of the revenue they produce. It's a terrible double edged sword.

I agree and disagree with you.

I agree that many people don't know how to handle their cartel coins and it burnnnnnns us... errmm I meant them ! But even then, it's the company playing on what is borderline gambling addiction, and even if those people should try to police themselves, be more wise, still it annoys me that the company I liked, in the game I've supported so much (CE plus sub) is behaving like that.

I still have a VERY sour taste on how christmas has been handled, etc...

Where I disagree is that many people complaining are people that don't buy packs or can handle their CCs just fine, what irrates them (and I btw) is the company's behavior that is defended by all those people accepting that because culturally if it's a business then it's allowed to use all the cheap and mean tactics, all the marketing spins, and that's all too much accepted.

There's no respect for the customer any more. Everything is made to nickle and dime, everything is made to twist past promises if it's in order to gain more quick cash and milk milk milk...

So yes there are many people that are angry at that because they're seeing the game they love become a CM game and bye bye content, real content... It's always been "yes yes new gear is coming but guys you need to understand the art pipeline is a long and slow and painful process" yada yada yada. And BOOM when CM shows we get gear galore as if there is no tomorrow.

So please, understand why some people are getting angry, and please do understand that it's certainly not only those who burn their CCs, it's also people who have morale values.