Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anthem getting an overhaul/rework

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Anthem getting an overhaul/rework

merovejec
11.19.2019 , 05:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vingmotor View Post
is it worth getting now? for 50 euros on playstation?
I dunno, I was watching the streams and the game seems very clunky. The engine is strange and the physics sometimes seems funny cause the monsters turn suddenly a different direction, when they run and hit something go get thrown in the air..... simply it has its glitches. The combat seemed silly. Some stormtroopers you kill with one reflected bolt but others you have to cut 6 times to kill.

I was used to the "one way map" in Force Unleased, but this is free exploring, which is kinda boring. So overall I will not be getting this, but its my opinion only.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Transcendent
11.19.2019 , 10:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
To be honest I cannot really see the reason for it being unsuccsesful.
In no particular order;
  • Bugs
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Lack of endgame content.
  • Bad UI design.
  • Awful AI design.

Basically, if they still can't get the loot part right for a "looter shooter" they should just give up now, they've worked on it and somehow I think they've actually made it worse just to extend the grind. Very limited endgame (nowhere near enough content produced there), alongside some truly awful AI.

Honestly I wish them good luck if they think they can revive it. They'll need it, especially if they think they can charge players for it all over again.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

FlameYOL
11.19.2019 , 11:04 AM | #13
Huh, interesting. Wonder if this re-launch will be successful.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Rolodome
11.19.2019 , 03:29 PM | #14
I wonder if the sources saying some are calling it Anthem Next are trying to hint that they think it's a bad idea, considering EQNext failed to get out of development.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

SerraShar
11.19.2019 , 11:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I wonder if the sources saying some are calling it Anthem Next are trying to hint that they think it's a bad idea, considering EQNext failed to get out of development.
well the secret world went that direction (They teamed up with EA too, you should've seen the Panic when they saw EA logo lol), cose the game was too hard and not many players . So the new secret world Next, as far as I'm aware worked . They nerfed the difficulty (I know cose in the original, I had to try like 15 time to kill this boss called the Boogeyman, and on the new TSW , I only got 2 try and he was dead), and it seem to be working fine for them. They even added an Optional Sub system, and more stuff in the cash shop .

But Anthem failed .

My friend Xbox1 broke and she went to the store to replace it with a new one, and she said her new console came with a free copy of Anthem (Which she said she never gonna touch). She said they are giving it away for free at this point......

I hope this new overhaul fail as well . My grieve isn't about Swtor, but I have a copy of MEA that SUCK!!! Fix that!!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldnít know a momentís peace!

merovejec
11.20.2019 , 03:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
In no particular order;
  • Bugs
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Loot drops
  • Lack of endgame content.
  • Bad UI design.
  • Awful AI design.

Basically, if they still can't get the loot part right for a "looter shooter" they should just give up now, they've worked on it and somehow I think they've actually made it worse just to extend the grind. Very limited endgame (nowhere near enough content produced there), alongside some truly awful AI.

Honestly I wish them good luck if they think they can revive it. They'll need it, especially if they think they can charge players for it all over again.
Hmm ok, i was just watching the streams so I couldnt tell this from those. I did watch streams of Jedi Fallen Order and there were clearly visible bugs there and many other issues. I didnt see this in Anthem streams for example.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015