Disney Revoking EA's Star Wars License?

WhisKiz

We can only hope.

Let's hope whoever gets it next doesn't have an identity crisis and makes an online, multiplayer, single player game and actually knows how to balance pvp as well, at all, where it doesn't take 3min for every single person to die every single time and you do nothing inbetween those times.

Please god.

Edited by WhisKiz

Ah true, eh.

I know it may be hard, but try really hard to focus on the point of the post - not just the fact there is already a similar one :p

More useful to focus on the fact that all of this (...) is based on a bunch of baseless unconfirmed rumours, and is worth exactly as much as the paper it's printed on. (Er, before you hit File | Print, duh.)

More useful to focus on the fact that all of this (...) is based on a bunch of baseless unconfirmed rumours, and is worth exactly as much as the paper it's printed on. (Er, before you hit File | Print, duh.)

hmm well if a petition to revoke EA's license gets to 200k signatures, does that hold any form of legal substance to revoke there license? sorry I have no clue how American laws work.... :(

hmm well if a petition to revoke EA's license gets to 200k signatures, does that hold any form of legal substance to revoke there license? sorry I have no clue how American laws work.... :(

No. A contract is between the people or companies who signed it. Petitions hold no legal weight in matters like these.

The only things petitions really do in cases like these are a) bring attention to the cause - if enough people sign, it might be reported by the press; b) sometimes public outcry does embarrass or pressure companies into changing things, but there are plenty of petitions that go nowhere.

No. A contract is between the people or companies who signed it. Petitions hold no legal weight in matters like these.

The only things petitions really do in cases like these are a) bring attention to the cause - if enough people sign, it might be reported by the press; b) sometimes public outcry does embarrass or pressure companies into changing things, but there are plenty of petitions that go nowhere.

Ah good to know! Well at least the outcry for change was heard (hopefully). how far it goes I guess is dependant on the SW branding and EA. I don't want to see the game get dismantled but IMO the entire monetization of this game needs to be reworked.....

Ah good to know! Well at least the outcry for change was heard (hopefully). how far it goes I guess is dependant on the SW branding and EA. I don't want to see the game get dismantled but IMO the entire monetization of this game needs to be reworked.....

It's probably entirely going to depend on just how angry or displeased Disney is about the way things are going. I do hope that EA is taking note of all the longterm players that have unsubbed and the growing unhappiness. I have a feeling unfortunately that even if SWTOR's little team is listening, they don't control what EA's Powers That Be decide.

I don't want to see SWTOR die either, but I think that saying "give it attention or give it up" is a fair argument. IMHO they need to return the funding/attention to SWTOR. If they can't do that, IMHO they should work with Disney to port the game to another studio that will give it some love.

It's probably entirely going to depend on just how angry or displeased Disney is about the way things are going. I do hope that EA is taking note of all the longterm players that have unsubbed and the growing unhappiness. I have a feeling unfortunately that even if SWTOR's little team is listening, they don't control what EA's Powers That Be decide.

I don't want to see SWTOR die either, but I think that saying "give it attention or give it up" is a fair argument. IMHO they need to return the funding/attention to SWTOR. If they can't do that, IMHO they should work with Disney to port the game to another studio that will give it some love.

Or at least a team that knows what the game is about... whether they decide to revive the old Disney interactive studio with a former/new team would bring SWTOR Directly under Disney's control... no need for a contract to another studio :)

Or at least a team that knows what the game is about... whether they decide to revive the old Disney interactive studio with a former/new team would bring SWTOR Directly under Disney's control... no need for a contract to another studio :)

They're not going to revive Disney Interactive just for this game or their other Star Wars properties, IMHO - they don't do that even for things like Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts. Also keep in mind that since SWTOR has more adult concepts than some of Disney's other work, they may wish not to release it under the direct name of Disney.

Petitions can means something in some context.... such as recall of a politician or a law.

They carry absolutely ZERO standing in forcing a game company to do or not do anything. They are simply a grounding rod for peoples charged emotions.... and given most peoples short attention spans.. they move on to some other rage quickly and never actually even carry through with "threats" or other attempts to faux intimidate a game company.

See.. what the average protester does not understand is that companies expect some percentage of blow back over anything and everything... especially in the entertainment industries. The only kinds of petitions that would get any traction are ones that actually focus on a relevant social injustice... and even then... it's questionable if petitions really move the bar at all in terms of a companies actions in response.