Aurora Cannon and 4.0

Nothing against things not being solo-able, but for current level cap relevant content that players are doing, my experience on Ebon Hawk is unless you try to do it during prime time then you're gonna be spamming for awhile unless you can pull friends/guildies. Though you are right, could be a population issue, but I feel the interest level in older content is also a factor.

Are you guys on a low pop server or something? Never takes me more than a couple of minutes to get a group there.

Personally, I'd rather they not make the entire game soloable, but that seems to be the trend these days.

I am on a low pop. server. It is rare to see even 4 people in Section X during prime time, let alone 4 people willing to do the clicking.

Are you guys on a low pop server or something? Never takes me more than a couple of minutes to get a group there.

Personally, I'd rather they not make the entire game soloable, but that seems to be the trend these days.

It's level 50 content. I would be easily solo-able if not for the inane button clicking mechanic much like the Macrobinocular finale.

Those are my personal pet peeve. They couldn't figure out a creative solution for keeping the missions challenging enough to merit a group after level cap increases and gear inflation, so they just took the laziest most cynical route possible and required a trio of warm bodies to finish them.

They couldn't figure out a creative solution for keeping the missions challenging enough to merit a group after level cap increases and gear inflation, so they just took the laziest most cynical route possible and required a trio of warm bodies to finish them.

It required 4 people when it was released & there was much rejoicing that a H4 actually required 4 people to complete. Skip forward a few years to when people aren't particularly interested in doing that content & as the above posters say, you may well be hard pressed to get enough warm bodies to do it.

• 1 month later...
[HEROIC] The Aurora Cannon is no longer as well shielded and does not require 4 Players to complete, however some assistance may be required to defeat the guardian of the core.

Wish has been granted

Makes me happy. Wonder what's happened to the Macrobinoculars finale, too...

I managed to solo this on a 58 operative just wearing the quest gear from Oricon yesterday (I didn't even buy any better vendor gear as I figured I'd be going through SoR/KOTFE and then upgrade). I was able to defeat all mobs, but it was taking so long with all the healers to not be worth it so I decided to stealth past everyone: I died once doing that, but it did get me all the way in.

All I needed to do was throw one grenade at the core: there were no checkpoints, computers to deal with, things I needed to shoot with a rifle... nothing. The only challenge was the 'Guardian of the Core', as said.

Considering my gear, I'm unsure if I could have done that without playing a healer: if I had to rely on a healer companion and shut their healing abilities on/off whenever he did his force transfer, I don't think I could have kept my DPS going to the point that the fight would have taken a half an hour and I would have strangled something (being ranged helped, too). Having said that, he couldn't kill me no matter how hard he tried. I did have to manage my companions one interrupt near the end of the fight to try and keep his force drain down (as I wasn't able to completely stop it totally with my own abilities), but that wasn't too troublesome. I believe I could have done it at earlier levels, though the full AOE heal was helpful.

...One may just be able to run right past him and throw the grenade, finish the quest, and then die/stealth out/leash him. I didn't actually try that, but it may be possible if you're just at level? :)

Ok, they removed the 4 man requirement...but the last boss in there is impossible to beat. Founder, been around the bush some times before...can't be done. He heals himself up to full.

Tried kiting to keep him moving, tried diff. interrupts etc.

Do yourself a favour an run past him and throw the grenade to get the hc finished then /stuck it.

In addition all money drops from both adds and quests have been reduced greatly so there is really no need to go near Section X ever again.

Managed to solo it on a L65 Vig Guardian; tanking, with a L10 Influence Doc healing me. In retrospect, DPS stance would have been a better idea for the final boss.

I spent my interrupt stopping death field each time, and made sure my DoTs had as much uptime as possible. For a while I stalled around 24% health, but eventually was able to get him below that threshold, and then that was all she wrote.

I wouldn't like to run a healer through that, and that's a fact

I wanted to sound off that I am thrilled now they updated this heroic to where it can be two manned. No more doors we have to open and require 4 people at the end. TY Bioware. BUT.... the nerfed credits galaxy-wide on missions, heroics, fp and ops is really a bad idea. please restore the nerfed credits prior to 4.0 uopdate. seriously. Edited by shdwgrndGlider

Nothing against things not being solo-able, but for current level cap relevant content that players are doing, my experience on Ebon Hawk is unless you try to do it during prime time then you're gonna be spamming for awhile unless you can pull friends/guildies. Though you are right, could be a population issue, but I feel the interest level in older content is also a factor.

It wasn't necessary to do it with four people. It was easily done with three. But even so, it didn't need to be solo. Even on Ebon Hawk, it was possible to get a third, and even a fourth, regularly. I've done it myself quite a lot. Ebon Hawk is my home server.

I wanted to sound off that I am thrilled now they updated this heroic to where it can be two manned. No more doors we have to open and require 4 people at the end. TY Bioware. BUT.... the nerfed credits galaxy-wide on missions, heroics, fp and ops is really a bad idea. please restore the nerfed credits prior to 4.0 uopdate. seriously.

Agreed, the money and drops are a joke now. I can see lowering the gear and money in chests out in the world to stop the gold spammers but I seriously doubt gold spammers are running flashpoints and heroics. Please increase the loot and credits.

Agreed, the money and drops are a joke now. I can see lowering the gear and money in chests out in the world to stop the gold spammers but I seriously doubt gold spammers are running flashpoints and heroics. Please increase the loot and credits.

It's entirely possible they are choking credits in an attempt to control the economy.

At the other end they increased repair costs.

Believe I've seen a 78k repair bill.

It's entirely possible they are choking credits in an attempt to control the economy.

You're probably right.

The 3.0 cycle added free skill training, reduced mod-ripping costs, appearance designer (reducing need for aug kits), way overleveled daily runs, and slicing chests all over Yavin. I wouldn't be surprised if all that resulted in a significant increase in average credits per player.

Edited by Khevar