HM Flashpoints?

I'm a bit at a loss here...

So you can queue for HM flashpoints in groupfinder once you reach level 50, right?

But then the description states you should have at least 212 gear, a gear rating I've yet to see in-game.

So far, I've come across 208 gear, available at level 65 for common data crystals, and 216 gear, available at level 65 for glowing data crystals.

How can any level 50 player get gear with a rating higher than level 65 gear?

That doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I read in the forums here that your DPS should be at least 4.5k before you even try to queue for HM flashpoints, but for example with my combat sentinel (in full 208 gear with two 216 pieces even) I can get about 3.0k which apparently makes me a lousy DPS I guess.

Well, I have numerous level 65 toons, many of which have a full 208 set of gear and I really like to do the flashpoints with the usual "trinity" and all. I know them all from before 4.0, "normal" and "hard mode".

But the requirements stated in-game and in the forums tell me I shouldn't dare to queue 'cause I'd be kicked immediately anyway...

Am I missing something here?

I'm a bit at a loss here...

So you can queue for HM flashpoints in groupfinder once you reach level 50, right?

But then the description states you should have at least 212 gear, a gear rating I've yet to see in-game.

So far, I've come across 208 gear, available at level 65 for common data crystals, and 216 gear, available at level 65 for glowing data crystals.

How can any level 50 player get gear with a rating higher than level 65 gear?

That doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I read in the forums here that your DPS should be at least 4.5k before you even try to queue for HM flashpoints, but for example with my combat sentinel (in full 208 gear with two 216 pieces even) I can get about 3.0k which apparently makes me a lousy DPS I guess.

Well, I have numerous level 65 toons, many of which have a full 208 set of gear and I really like to do the flashpoints with the usual "trinity" and all. I know them all from before 4.0, "normal" and "hard mode".

But the requirements stated in-game and in the forums tell me I shouldn't dare to queue 'cause I'd be kicked immediately anyway...

Am I missing something here?

I never noticed that 212 gear suggestion. Anyway 208/216 is fine. I don't know about a minimum dps rating either. As long as you, and your group, know what you're doing then there shouldn't be any problems.

Anyone not at max level, or a certain power level will be bolstered. In most cases this does not mean that it makes them effective. If they're lacking abilities (which at 50 they really shouldn't be) or skill, then they'll become more of a liability.

The only problems you're going to run into is getting other people in your LFG that haven't bothered to upgrade their gear. With the drop rate of the common crystals, there's no reason anyone at 65 shouldn't have a full set of 208's, minus their main/off-hand and relics. And if they bothered to do heroics between 55-61 they should have good relics (the old 186 ratings - focused retribution, serendipitous assault for example - are, in my opinion, better than the new ones).

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Yeah ive been qued with a few sub 65 players a few times, mostly if they know the hm mechanics they are fine and pull their weight. Idk bout dps requirements never herd anyone ask how much i pull just if you know mechanics and your class in 208 gear your dps should be fine.

It might seem a weird question, but is it on the dummy you parse at 3k ?

It might seem a weird question, but is it on the dummy you parse at 3k ?

Yes. I'm not usually one to parse my combat (not much of a min-max guy, don't really care to be honest), but I hit the operation dummy on my ship for a few minutes and Parsec told me I got just above 3k. I guess this was on average, as I said, I'm not really into these kinds of things.

Why do you ask?

Yes. I'm not usually one to parse my combat (not much of a min-max guy, don't really care to be honest), but I hit the operation dummy on my ship for a few minutes and Parsec told me I got just above 3k. I guess this was on average, as I said, I'm not really into these kinds of things.

Why do you ask?

Because it seems very low considering your gear. 3k was already considered low at 3.0, now it's really bad. You should approach around 5k. I don't think you would break it though, still considering your gear.

Are you using the modules you can buy at the droid in your ship ? If not, you'd better buy them and only parse with them applied on the dummy, it could change things.

I tried again with the operations dummy on my ship and debuffed it with that thingy I bought from the droid on my ship.

Now, I get about 3.5k on average, but I noticed I got up to 4.9k or something at one point.

If I understand correctly, this is the right thing to expect from Combat discipline, that specific one being a burst damage discipline, right?

So I can get some heavy hits on a target, I just can't hit that hard continuesly.

Anyway, thanks for your advice - I think I'm gonna queue for some HM flashpoints and see how I'll fare... :)

I don't know if you did, but you should also parse with a health module on, 1.5 million is the standard for the moment. Some specs have abilities they can only use or their damage is increased below 30%. But 3.5k is still pretty low. And even if you're playing a burst class, your sustained should be higher than that, less than DoT spec, but still. I mean, 4k was pretty usual at 3.0, I could be mistaking, but 3.5k would have been good at the end of 2.0. You really need to learn your rotation and maybe start gearing correctly because you're not carrying your weight in a FP. I don't want to sound rude or anything, but with my combat sent I barely played, I parse at 5k in 216 crystal gear with optimized enhancements. There's not 1.5k dps between 216 and 208. Keep reading guides and improve is my best advise.