I only wish/ask for 1 change - Faction-wide hangars

Pietrastor

I don't ask for new maps, modes, ship classes, no GSF-ground-PVP hybrid modes, no guildships incorporated into GSF or anything else ever mentioned or dreamt of. I'm realistic and I know none of this will happen.

But I can play what we have now forever without anything new. Just want faction-wide hangars so all my characters on either Rep side of Imp side can use the same ships with the same upgrades and progression. It's one of the biggest mistakes GSF did at launch not implementing it, I don't GSF on alts as the prospect of starting from scratch again every time is heavily discouraging and I can't imagine most feel different. Imagine redoing your Stronghold on every character from scratch...

So ye, that's the only thing I would like devs to do regarding GSF, one last change. It can suport itself even withouth a single new map ever, but lack of faction-wide hangars is much bigger fundamental issue.

Edited by Pietrastor

I don't understand why anybody ever asks for anything. All you have to do is look at the last time the game was updated to realize that nothing about the game is going to be changed ever.

Because I like to believe BW at the very least would like to make what's already there as good as possible, even if they never add anything new

I don't understand why anybody ever asks for anything. All you have to do is look at the last time the game was updated to realize that nothing about the game is going to be changed ever.

It's hope, just not delusional hope. Faction-wide hangers would go a long way though. For people with alts in particular, you would be able to maintain progress while alt-hopping instead of having to level up ships every time.

Granted, some people would be very picky about how they play as they could no longer pad their stats if all were linked.

Yup. I'm 100% behind this. - Though as others have said, the chances are pretty slim.

It's a bind having to grind out Req on a new character when several of my other GSF pilots are sitting on >50K unused req.

I wouldn't mind if there was a reasonable CC cost even.

I can't belive that GSF is a great money spinner, but this change is basically now a QoL issue.

• 4 months later...
As I made some new alts for Dark vs Grind event, it only reinforced my view what a bad design decision it was not to have faction-wide hangars. Starting from scratch every single time in a side-game is just silly. Even skilled players cannot compete when put against upgraded group. So yeah... Edited by Pietrastor

As I made some new alts for Dark vs Grind event, it only reinforced my view what a bad design decision it was not to have faction-wide hangars. Starting from scratch every single time in a side-game is just silly. Even skilled players cannot compete when put against upgraded group. So yeah...

The design decision was at a time when GSF was the centre of a big launch, in the hope people would spend ( and buy) CCs to transfer Req between ships.

With the population where it stands, I suspect the CC spend nowadays is a tiny trickle at best.

- OTOH you can still do well in stock ships. Only today I got greater than the combined damage of the rest of my team in a stock Blackbolt on a brand new pilot (DvL) char.

Sad truth is that GSF isn't even in the dev's thoughts, let alone on their list of things to think about.