PvE Idea

aakrea

KMR (kuat Mesas Run)

I saw someone suggested a racing style mode a while back but I think that would just come down to tensor vs. Booster Recharge scout. I thought a solo racing mode with power-ups that need to be destroyed would be a way to have another mode (PVE) and a better tutorial.

Check points- Distance traveled would be what is recorded for the leader board so that if you don’t finish and are destroyed you still get credit for the completed distance. Check points would be in tunnels and around obstacles. I would also put one in the middle of a mine field, this is mostly to give slower ships an advantage because scouts would have a big one through everything else. Also would teach new players not to fly into one with the wrong build.

Power-ups- the power-ups would be drones that have to be destroyed to receive and would give some kind of advantage… freeze clock, unlimited boost, damage immunity, double boost speed etc…

Drone defense- all drones would have either armor or evasion for defense; this would help new players learn to check the target before engaging. Also would give more build options than just making the ship fast.

Drone offense- Drones would also have offensive weapons, any in the game would really work and the point is to have drones that are worth attacking and some that are not same as with the defenses. (you wouldn’t go after a protorp drone with a CP bomber, but with a scout it wouldn’t be a problem) some drones could also move.

I'm not sure what the best way to designate what defenses/armaments the drones have would be "armored Heavy Laser Canon Clock Freeze Power-up Drone" would be a little long. There would have to be a way to easily identify what the drone is to decide quickly if it is worth it to go after.

Leader board- a leader board could be added to the starfighter launch deck to show the top 5 or 10 finishes in each class to make it worth it to use all classes.