The mask of revan

NorwegianGoat

SPOILER!! SPOILER!! SPOILER!!

In the early revean quests on Dromund Kass you are ordered to retrieve the mask of Revan. The mask that the player took from lord grathan is later to be found in the hands of Darth Revan himself? Revan actually wears the exact same mask in the foundry? Was it just a copy or something?

Is it such a stretch to think that in a couple hundred years Revan might get a new mask after losing his old one?

yes, yes it is. read the books and you know this to be true. the game is epic fail when it comes to story and always has been, im very disappointed with bioware on this point.

Actually it is the same mask according to Wookieepedia

After Revan's defeat at the hands of the Sith Emperor the mask remained in the proprieties of the Sith for centuries. During the Cold War era, it was in possession of the rogue Sith Lord Grathan until it was stolen by the Revanites, a Sith cult dedicated to emulating the life and teachings of Darth Revan. After Revan was freed from his prison he reaquired the mask and wore it once more. It's last known use was when Revan was confronted by a Sith strike team at The Foundry.[10] (taken from Wookieepedia)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan%27s_helmet

yes, yes it is. read the books and you know this to be true. the game is epic fail when it comes to story and always has been, im very disappointed with bioware on this point.

Jeez, some people will bend over backwards for any excuse to bash Bioware.

Well duh. It's because they're gonna ***** about every little thing, regardless of what it is. If one little patch of flowers was supposed to be pink but they accidently painted it purple, there'd be hundreds of threads here saying "Bioware you're so f*cking stupid!" ect, ect.

Edited by Silthir

it's my only beef, i dont need a reason to bash bioware tho, just read the thousands of posts of people who actually care about gameplay... i care more about the story tho and to fail there is just painful considering...

Just speculations, noone can be sure. Its either fake or Revanites somehow managed to give the mask to Revan. As for the second option - if it were true, it must have happened somewhere between the Maelstorm Nebula prison and the Foundry flashpoints but it's unlikely that Revan traveled to Dromund Kaas just to meet this cult and reclaim his mask. BUT he somehow knew about the Revanites when you talk to him in the Foundry... strange. After you tell him that there was a cult founded in his honor, he answers: "So I heard, not what I would have wanted, given the things I did". Still, revanites probably did not knew anything about Revan's true location, as far as they are concerned, he killed the Emperor and claimed his place. :p Nutjobs... or are they really?

I was leveling my alt today and done the whole Revanites quest chain. The email that you receive afterwards is quite interesting and I actually forgot what it said since I leveled my first 50.

"You have done a great service for us, but the restoration of Revan's mask to us is greater still, I fear howerver, that it cannon remain in our hands indefinitely. The mask of Revan has a higher purpose to fulfull."