Why not Rakata commendations?

Your figures are wrong for the intents and purposes.

Hard and Nightmare share lockout. There is no "per difficulty" and columni isn't the issue. Doubling chances with 16 man would be great, but we're running into scheduling walls there on low pop servers, like mine, since so many have left for lesser reasons.

As has been expressed in other threads often some archetypes' drops occur disproportionately more frequently. Call it bad luck. Fine. We are also seeing it happen and even if things were "completely random" of 1,000,000 die rolls nothing says the first 10,000 need to be evenly distributed; a vague understanding of statistics explains this.

Add to this multiple participants of the same archetype.

Add to this there can be duplicates.

Are you smart people seeing the rub now?

The argument " x times for assured reward makes it boring grind " is the most sensible, and I appreciate it, but if people got the actual drops in less time then there would be no question for them. At least 1 rakata commendation per person per hm/nmm boss fight, with, say hands for example costing 45, and no other method of accruing said commendations, would guarantee one piece in 4.5 weeks of full participation in 8 man. Surely you would have them by then, but if you hadn't?

Actually, his figures were wrong...but it still comes out to be an average of 5 tokens per week.

10 bosses x 2 rakata drops per boss / 4 classes = 5 rakata tokens for your class per week.

multiple participants of the same archetype: how many are you talking about? For an 8 man, if you have more than 3 people of the same archetype then that's just poor planning by your guild.

there can be duplicates: So...you have two IA's in the group, and they both get rakata chest from one Soa kill.....why is this a problem?

The reason why you have a problem with loot, is because you are focused on yourself. Any loot drop, that goes to anyone in the raid = higher raid dps/hps/tps = easier/faster boss kills. It doesn't matter who the loot goes to, as long as someone can use it.

No, and that question is immaterial. Here we are talking about this one for now.

Hardly "immaterial" considering you're expecting loot to be trivial. It's easy enough to attain as is, and simplifying it further takes out the fun of loot. Distribution will go from "who needs the upgrade the most" to "who has the least amount of tokens?"

Also, your greediness is incredible. Just because it doesn't go to you doesn't mean your Guild hasn't just benefited incredibly. Not everything is about you.

Must be a troll thread. There is no way someone is suggesting loot be EASIER to get in this garbage game. It basically falls from the sky. Full Rakata for BOTH healing and DPS spec after a month and a half. LOL easier.... Edited by Qilz

multiple participants of the same archetype: how many are you talking about? For an 8 man, if you have more than 3 people of the same archetype then that's just poor planning by your guild.

It's a low pop server, on republic side which is proportionately lower pop that imp. We have what we have and thankful for each person. I'm happy for you that you have many options where you are to cherry pick and arrange things better. We cannot and have been successful.

The reason why you have a problem with loot, is because you are focused on yourself. Any loot drop, that goes to anyone in the raid = higher raid dps/hps/tps = easier/faster boss kills. It doesn't matter who the loot goes to, as long as someone can use it.

Unfair assessment, but fair argument. I'm very happy for whomever gets stuff because believe me, it's been a struggle we've all worked through together. Let me put it this way. All of our hm ops eligable consulars have rakata legs I'm pretty sure, 2 have 1 relic each, 1 has lightsaber. This, walking into our 4th week of hm ops. All the other hm consular drops have been columni equiv.

Not saying you care, because you don't since you're only making baseless accusations, but these are the facts. So we keep going back hoping to get lucky. I'm only proposing something as a sort of "fix".

Must be a troll thread. There is no way someone is suggesting loot be EASIER to get in this garbage game. It basically falls from the sky. Full Rakata for BOTH healing and DPS spec after a month and a half. LOL easier....

You got lucky. Congrats. My smuggler companion has more rakata than I do.

It's a low pop server, on republic side which is proportionately lower pop that imp. We have what we have and thankful for each person. I'm happy for you that you have many options where you are to cherry pick and arrange things better. We cannot and have been successful.

So your GM or RL says "hey, we need some of you JC's to roll another class...gearing up so many JC's is just going to take to long". Have a discussion, get yourselves organized...just sitting there whining when you can solve the problem yourself isn't going to help anyone.

Unfair assessment, but fair argument. I'm very happy for whomever gets stuff because believe me, it's been a struggle we've all worked through together. Let me put it this way. All of our hm ops eligable consulars have rakata legs I'm pretty sure, 2 have 1 relic each, 1 has lightsaber. This, walking into our 4th week of hm ops. All the other hm consular drops have been columni equiv.

Not saying you care, because you don't since you're only making baseless accusations, but these are the facts. So we keep going back hoping to get lucky. I'm only proposing something as a sort of "fix".

I'm not making baseless accusations. You are sitting there whining about loot, about how YOU don't have anything to show it.

I know these fights and do them every week and have little to show, and the reason is the game's loot distribution method.

That's what you said, and if you can't see how some people might view that statement as whining, then you need to take a communications class. If you didn't mean to sound like a whiny kid, then I apologize.

Sounds like you guys are getting unlucky with loot. It happens. RNG is random after all, not equal. My guild had a similar issue with Sith Warriors, both of them got their rakata helms the first week we killed bonethrasher...and then nothing else for 3 weeks. Everyone else was in at least half rakata, and they were just sitting there with one piece.

Then, we had a few nights where every boss dropped at least one piece of SW loot. Now one SW is only missing an offhand, and the other is only missing his bracer.

Don't you think this would be a great idea? After a number of kills in hard and nightmare many may have only 1 or 2 rakata lootz. Why not have rakata commendations drop, for a (potentially expensive) but nonetheless potential fix to loot distribution? At least people could get full rakata before running the instances 50 times.

But Rakata gear is very easy to get. HM bosses in EV and KP are not that difficult to down. And after just a few weeks of HM runs, maybe even a few Nightmare bosses - you can almost be in full Rakata, which is just silly. Players will get bored very easily and quit.

I remember raiding back in the day in 40 mans and it taking 3 to 5 months just to get a nice set of gear. Sometimes you could go weeks without a drop.

But on a side note, the entire level 50 end game system in ToR really needs to be addressed. I haven't played a post WoW MMO in years in which rerolling is "end game" because the raiding is that easy.

Edited by Dranzen