If the developers have only nerfed OPs and not SORCS or MERCS in 30 days, I will....

Naymeheer

cancel my subscription.

New developer syndrome is in full effect and the majority of characters on every server are Sages and Sorcerors. If you really act on their complaints (against a rogue class designed to kill them) then I will quit this game - and I know I won't be the only one.

1. "Too much burst damage" with OPS only happens with those in maxed out gear - so the solution would maybe be to slightly nerf OP pvp gear at the highest level.

2. Sorcerer's are already the vast majoity of classes that I see in the Warzones - I wonder how they will feel when they are the only class apart from Mercs in warzones. This is the direction you are leading this game - and it's a shame.

3. You spent months, maybe even years working on balance and you're going to roll out a nerf in the first 2 months of release based on the complaints of a almost all sorceror userbase? Instead of nerfing OPs this is what you need to do:

a. Buff tank classes (specced tank) damage mitigation to all forms of damage, including yellow hidden strike damage.

b. Make elemental resistance items so we don't get dropped in less than 9 seconds by Sorcerors channel spells.

c. Reduce sorc bubble to 2.5k damage, max.

d. Reduce sorc anti-cc abilities (anti-cc + sprint + pull + pushbacks in huttball = a joke)

e. Make merc healing consume more power (produce more heat, whatever)

f. Increase marauder survivability

g. Increase Jugg damage output

h. Give assassins a reason to go in stealth mode (they should be the anti - Operative class)

i. Allow snipers to use snipe outside of cover frequently - or give them some ability to be mobile with less dps output in pvp - and as an OP - i know that lethality is raid not pvp dmg

The most important element to balance is to buff other classes that are lacking instead of "nerfing" OP classes - this will make people want to re-roll to the new class and not make people want to quit the game from nerfing their level 50, especially when most nerfs are an over-reaction.

I hate to make this comment, but I must. As much as everyone hates being compared to WoW - and I dislike WoW very much - their developers have been very wise in using the buff not nerf method - and if you want a game to be successful, you should probably not try to be intentionally different from a game when you know that nerfs = lost subscriptions EVERY TIME.

/rant - but I will quit if this irresponsible nerf is the only nerf that occurs in the next 30 days without thought out buffs and equalizers - my class needs better healing - so if you nerf our "burst dps" how about giving us some real "burst healing."

They will. They always do. So enjoy you're MMORPG without the MM.

Every mmorpg in history, literally every one, has always had forum whiners and forum prophets, some crossing their arms and pouting and stomping their feet because they want their way right now (like a little girl in a candy store who's mom told her no) and others predicting the future with perfect clarity over and over again each month, telling us all how our game is going to die if they don't do something to fix such and such right away.

Its as though the forums are full of professional MMO developers, who all understand exactly what it takes to make the best MMO ever, but they are all just not working in the industry right now. :)

It will never go away (it will be here forever just like in every other MMO ever released) because people are generally stupid and self-centered. Its not their fault, they were just raised that way.

I was just wishing it would go away, in 30 days, with the OP.

Every mmorpg in history, literally every one, has always had forum whiners and forum prophets, some crossing their arms and pouting and stomping their feet because they want their way right now (like a little girl in a candy store who's mom told her no) and others predicting the future with perfect clarity over and over again each month, telling us all how our game is going to die if they don't do something to fix such and such right away.

Its as though the forums are full of professional MMO developers, who all understand exactly what it takes to make the best MMO ever, but they are all just not working in the industry right now. :)

It will never go away (it will be here forever just like in every other MMO ever released) because people are generally stupid and self-centered. Its not their fault, they were just raised that way.

Soon they will link forum posting to a skill in-game called "The Lost Generation".

Every time they post and it has the word "NOW" at the end of the post title, the game developers pull a baby kitten out of a pen and feeds it to an anaconda on a live stream.

Spot on

GAME IS DONE ALL READY TOR lost 400k Subs Do to the Amount of BS give it maybe 4-6months if likey till its GAMEOVER

Like that sort of thing? lol

Well we can flame on the form of this thread aka "I will cancel my sub, i'm sure you all care about my life because i'm the center of the world", however he's right about sorc and merc being out of control, and the first reply is even more right : They will never nerf Sorc / sage as it is about 40% of this game's population.

Sentinels suffer the same issue as Marauders. Sometimes I feel like I am spending a quarter of my time being reborn and getting back into game play. Sorcerers are completely ridiculous. They absolutely own me. I feel like a little ragdoll once a sorcerer primaries me. They either throw me out of game play, instamelt me, or run off at lightning speed.

Well we can flame on the form of this thread aka "I will cancel my sub, i'm sure you all care about my life because i'm the center of the world", however he's right about sorc and merc being out of control, and the first reply is even more right : They will never nerf Sorc / sage as it is about 40% of this game's population.

In what way are they out of control?

Because they are easy as pie to deal with.

Sentinels suffer the same issue as Marauders. Sometimes I feel like I am spending a quarter of my time being reborn and getting back into game play. Sorcerers are completely ridiculous. They absolutely own me. I feel like a little ragdoll once a sorcerer primaries me. They either throw me out of game play, instamelt me, or run off at lightning speed.

Yup, the problem with the sorc is not the lightning damage as most point at, it's the number of short CD escaping / survival mechanics they have. With a correct build they have :

-Force sprint 30 sec CD

- Shield

-Uncancellable (even by the CCbreaking ability) Blind after shield fades

- Bump 20 sec CD

- Uncancellable (even by the CCbreaking ability)root after bump after shield fades

- Force lift instant

- Permasnare with damage dealing ability

A good sorc will simply deny any melee trying to damage him, so his only concern is ranged, where he shines.

Edited by Drokisannath

UO didn't.

UO didn't have forums.

At this point? It's not like SWTOR PVP is an e-sport. Its just another playground in the theme park to visit once in a while. I am not sure I if really give a crap anymore as its too much like what happened in warhammer online to take seriously... and its not changing. Let it be what it is. Kinda like what if all the little wizrds at Harry Potter's school had a food fight with glow sticks and some one called in the helmet police. Edited by SDFX

cancel my subscription.

New developer syndrome is in full effect and the majority of characters on every server are Sages and Sorcerors. If you really act on their complaints (against a rogue class designed to kill them) then I will quit this game - and I know I won't be the only one.

1. "Too much burst damage" with OPS only happens with those in maxed out gear - so the solution would maybe be to slightly nerf OP pvp gear at the highest level.

2. Sorcerer's are already the vast majoity of classes that I see in the Warzones - I wonder how they will feel when they are the only class apart from Mercs in warzones. This is the direction you are leading this game - and it's a shame.

3. You spent months, maybe even years working on balance and you're going to roll out a nerf in the first 2 months of release based on the complaints of a almost all sorceror userbase? Instead of nerfing OPs this is what you need to do:

a. Buff tank classes (specced tank) damage mitigation to all forms of damage, including yellow hidden strike damage.

b. Make elemental resistance items so we don't get dropped in less than 9 seconds by Sorcerors channel spells.

c. Reduce sorc bubble to 2.5k damage, max.

d. Reduce sorc anti-cc abilities (anti-cc + sprint + pull + pushbacks in huttball = a joke)

e. Make merc healing consume more power (produce more heat, whatever)

g. Increase Jugg damage output

h. Give assassins a reason to go in stealth mode (they should be the anti - Operative class)

i. Allow snipers to use snipe outside of cover frequently - or give them some ability to be mobile with less dps output in pvp - and as an OP - i know that lethality is raid not pvp dmg

The most important element to balance is to buff other classes that are lacking instead of "nerfing" OP classes - this will make people want to re-roll to the new class and not make people want to quit the game from nerfing their level 50, especially when most nerfs are an over-reaction.

I hate to make this comment, but I must. As much as everyone hates being compared to WoW - and I dislike WoW very much - their developers have been very wise in using the buff not nerf method - and if you want a game to be successful, you should probably not try to be intentionally different from a game when you know that nerfs = lost subscriptions EVERY TIME.

/rant - but I will quit if this irresponsible nerf is the only nerf that occurs in the next 30 days without thought out buffs and equalizers - my class needs better healing - so if you nerf our "burst dps" how about giving us some real "burst healing."

I get that you want the developers to hear you brother....I do. Canceling is a good way to get their attention, but you better be sure enough cancel for the same reason or the plea wwill fall on deaf ears. That being said....give them some time, for goodness sake. The game has only been out a short while.

Games can take years to have a decent balance implemented. They've been in business for a little over a month now with their first MMO. They have a great "base" to build on. GIve them time and you will see. Play something else in the mean time. DON'T go pick whatever looks like its one of the next one or two in line for nerfing. Go play a class that people say is underpowered. Get some perspective. Not just up to level 20 either, I mean at high levels. 6 montsh from now they will have alot of corrections and balances in the game. They need time. People are smart. They find crazy ways to break things. There are a LOT of people playing and they are all trying to "break" this game. The devs fix it as we break it until we can't think of any more ways to break their game. Then we have balance. Not a moment before. Now think how many more of us than there are of them....? ;)

1. They had insane burst without top gear. They were over powered. Play an underpowered class and you will see for yourself. I also think they went overboard with the nerf. Lobby for a reasonable buff, that's all I can say.

2. This is not really true. I am in pleanty of matches where there are only a few Sorc's. Each match is different. There are many Sorc's, no doubt, but give the game time to even out it's population. Sorc's will be addressed by the devs.

3. Top dog is always the first nerf. Op's were top dogs. They could have taken 10 years to make this game and we would have still found something to exploit in the first few weeks of the game going live. We the players, as a whole, usually end up having more people than they have devs, thus we have more brain power than they do. We will always break what they put out the first several times around. Always. Op's were exposed as broken. If Sorc's truely are broken, they will be exposed.

a. Agreed, buff tanks resistance/def. But also nerf their damage a bit then too.

b. Not sure about this, but won't disagree with you atm.

c. Why 2.5?

d. If you're going to lobby for all the other stuff to get nerfed, then you gotta leave them something to survive. You can't strip them of everything. Look how you feel with yoou Operative right now....breaking Sorcs won't help balance things, nor will it make you feel better about your Operative.

e. Why?

f. Agreed

g. Not needed.

h. Not needed. Being able to be invisible is reason enough to go into stealth.(Assassin is my main)

i. Snipers aren't mobile classes, that's why they don't get higher dmg when they are mobile. They are campers. When camped they are lethal. I'm fine if you give them more mobility to get around, but no extra dps while moving. Camping is what they do.

I fully expect Assassins+mirrors to get some love.....at some point....down the road....when it's deemed important enough. I think the class needs a smidge of tweaking. Not much, but some attention in a few areas would be great. It will happen when it "needs" to.

Op+mirror "needed" be addressed. Good players were single handedly destroying 3-4-5 people. Bursting tank classes into the ground in 5 seconds. They were over nerfed for sure, but they were overpowered as they were. Time will change the landscape in classes. Each class will have its day in the sun before we get balance. Op+mirror had their day first, that's all.

Good luck with your Operative getting some love back from the devs in the future.