Sorcs are not OP, heres how u fight them

OsirisZoran

Seriously you people crying for sorc nerfs and crying that there are too many need to get a life.

here is why there is many sorcerers and has been since beta.

1) They have the coolest animations (force lightning)

2) cool class story

3) wide array of abilities that we MUST USE in order to have a chance of survival.

4) Only true caster type healer / dps light armor class in the game

5) many people wanted to be imperial

Now the reason you people think sorcs are OP is because many people play them. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM OP. IT JUST MAKES THEM POPULAR.

The people "rerolling" sorc because they think they're "OP" are in for a shocking surprise when you enter the lvl 50 Warzone bracket. You're going to be demolished by just about every class quite easily and not enjoy pvp until you actually get yourself in full champion gear.

Clearing up the myths regarding Sorcerer playstyles, not every Sorcerer can enter EZ HEALER MODE AND HEAL TO FULL IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT.

0/20/21 or any variation of lightning / maddness hybrid has TWO heals with the big heal non critting for roughly 2kish and critting for 4-5k. Currently, any DPS class can burst down a sorcerer and force them to heal (save your relics for when their shield is down and you see the white man debuff is up so you know they cant recast)....which is when you use your interupt. Dont interupt force lightning ever since they can use cast something else during the 4 seconds. The only have 1 4 second stun so use your CC break for that stun. If they whirlwind you it heals you. If they force run away save your stun, grip, root, etc and hit them as soon as they pop it, force run only lasts 2 seconds and it does not break stuns or roots.

Heal specced Sorcerer.

Depending on your gear and the sorcerers gear you may or may not kill them without them kiting you indefinitely. The good news is they wont be killing you because if they stop to dps you then you can tee off on them. The best thing to do is fight them until help arrives. This is pretty much true for all healers though.

Lightning specced sorcerer,

If you cant kill a lightning specced sorcerer just delete your character. They have to stand still for all their dps casting skills and have 2 heals just like the madness variant.

In all my WZ experiences Power Techs can easily 1v1 me. assassins can 1v1 me, Operatives can 1v1 me. Marauders can 1v1 me. Juggernauts can 1v1 me. Snipers cannot because i can run or LOS them easily. BH mercs who tracer missile spam cannot 1v1 me but they're the best opportunist in WZ for finishing me off.

All it takes is for people to get a clue and stop comparing Lowbie PvP to lvl 50 PvP, stop making up excuses about abilities, and stop looking at BS stats that prove nothing in how powerful a class is.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, sorcs and sages are going to get nerfed from the forum QQ. They are the most skill based class in the game right now imo (madness spec at least imo). They don't do high burst and they have to constantly be on the move to survive. People just see 400k damage at the end of a warzone and think it's amazing when a lot of that damage is utterly useless.

///coming from a non sorc/sage player

Edited by Nocorras

Incorrect strat vs healing sorcs.

A geared healing sorc WILL straight up solo more than half the classes in game. They can survive pretty much any class 1vs1 (perhaps not a maurader) indefinately, and have a few instant cast damage abilities.

More than half the classes in game do not have any type of heal. This means that the sorc can simple keep using the instant cast damage abilities, and slowly whittle the oponent away.

So in other words, the correct strat for half the classes playing against a healing sorc, is just to run away.

A geared healing sorc WILL straight up solo more than half the classes in game. They can survive pretty much any class 1vs1 (perhaps not a maurader) indefinately, and have a few instant cast damage abilities.

More than half the classes in game do not have any type of heal. This means that the sorc can simple keep using the instant cast damage abilities, and slowly whittle the oponent away.

So in other words, the correct strat for half the classes playing against a healing sorc, is just to run away.

Healing sorcs solo below average players maybe.

Why don't you just stop....seriously.

Any fresh 50 will get destroyed in a WZ because of gear disparity for a start.

But what happens when you are equally geared? Sorc outlasts you when they are healing specced or simply melt you when Madness specced all while having better baseline mitigation than most heavy armor classes (10% vs 5%) and a shield that makes every single tank wonder why they even bothered to roll a tank.

If your shield had a proper cooldown attached to it (20 sec) and you couldn't hybrid to be a "do it all in one spec class" then everyone would be happy....oh and lets not forget some of your DoT's not getting cleansed by purge being fixed as well.

Med pack and many dps classes have ways of recovering health.

People keep saying they are going to be in for a shock when they hit the 50 bracket.

They will be in for a shock the moment they enter any PvP bracket.

I am not God Mode when I enter PvP, I routinely die and get munched on pretty quickly by DPS classes in the sub 50 Bracket. Yes I sometimes end the entire Warzone with top Damage done, but I did that as a Sniper, the most underplayed class in the game.

Let people Roll sorc/sage it is a fun class and PvE, while slow, is pretty easy to do solo.

For PvP people will quickly realise that it isn't god mode, it isn't easy, and it certainly isn't any easy than any other class.....except maybe Marauder, I played that class, hated it in PvP.

Why don't you just stop....seriously.

Any fresh 50 will get destroyed in a WZ because of gear disparity for a start.

But what happens when you are equally geared? Sorc outlasts you when they are healing specced or simply melt you when Madness specced all while having better baseline mitigation than most heavy armor classes (10% vs 5%) and a shield that makes every single tank wonder why they even bothered to roll a tank.

If your shield had a proper cooldown attached to it (20 sec) and you couldn't hybrid to be a "do it all in one spec class" then everyone would be happy....oh and lets not forget some of your DoT's not getting cleansed by purge being fixed as well.

So you missed the point that any class can melt any other class.

Lol purge ONLY cleanaes affliction and crushing darkness!!!!!

Purge isnt cleansing fire or bleeds!!

So you missed the point that any class can melt any other class.

Lol purge ONLY cleanaes affliction and crushing darkness!!!!!

Purge isnt cleansing fire or bleeds!!

I think you'll find yourself to be wrong here.

Purge isn't clearing Affliction tried this multiple times to find Affliction simply does not go away until it's ran it's course.

I've had the same frustration with my Sentinel against what I assume are healing spec'd Sorcs.

Then I read someone saying that even if I can't kill them, they're most likely having to spend all their time healing them self in order to stay alive, and thus not healing the rest of the warzone.

Which is ok with me, I'll continue to tickle them :p

I've had the same frustration with my Sentinel against what I assume are healing spec'd Sorcs.

Then I read someone saying that even if I can't kill them, they're most likely having to spend all their time healing them self in order to stay alive, and thus not healing the rest of the warzone.

Which is ok with me, I'll continue to tickle them :p

Pretty much what I do. Stay on them until they are forced to spam heal themselves, then hopefully someone else in my ops is smart enough to switch to the sorc/sage.

Pffffwhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh man that was a good one!

Except they are. But you can't take the baddie goggles off to see it. All you see is 400k leet dmg at the warzone end screen. Bad sorcs are incredibly easy to kill.

I'd love to see what class you think is the most skill based though.

Edited by Nocorras

So your advice in a nutshell is "make sure you fight them least 2 on 1" hmm.. sounds vaguely like the whole op/smug argument.

no as i clearly stated what classes can 1v1 me or any dps sorc EASILY. Any healing class is going to require 2 dps to kill them effectively. Its not just sorcerer bro.

Edited by OsirisZoran

Except they are. But you can't take the baddie goggles off to see it. All you see is 400k leet dmg at the warzone end screen. Bad sorcs are incredibly easy to kill.

I'd love to see what class you think is the most skill based though.

It is funny actually I bet if we look we will see posts from the same poster stating how much utility the Sorc/Sage has and how it has more than anyone else and therefore it is OP!!!

Not of course realising that using utility requires skill, they all come with a cooldown pretty much and are situational, when is best to knock back, when is best to snare, to stun, to run.

Apparently we just press tracer missile.

It is funny actually I bet if we look we will see posts from the same poster stating how much utility the Sorc/Sage has and how it has more than anyone else and therefore it is OP!!!

Not of course realising that using utility requires skill, they all come with a cooldown pretty much and are situational, when is best to knock back, when is best to snare, to stun, to run.

Yep.

I don't even play a sorc and I see how much utility and how that utility makes or breaks if you survive.

Gladiator in wow though so I actually try to learn about classes and how they work before I scream nerf because I see 500k damage.

For the most yes.

If my Commando can wrack up a butt-ton of kills from just pressing Grav round and High impact bolt, you can wrack up a ton from pressing tracer missle and railshot.

No one can kill a Sorc/Sage equally geared. Talking 12%+ expertise vs 12% expertise here, 600+.

Not happening, especially since Expertise for some stupid reason boosts healing as well, why?! Expertise is supposed to even out the damage you do and take, yet people who can heal get a bonus to healing as well? Why again?

I play a sorc in full champion gear as a healer, and yeah I cannot outheal any dps class in equivalent gear if they focus me and know what to interrupt. I can play hard to get at and I have to use everything at my disposal to survive. If left unchecked I can heal like a madman and give people a 2nd chance before they get burnt down.

Sounds about right to me.

If you cannot kill a sorc you are doing something wrong or you just need to get a few more pieces of gear.

I don't know why people complain about us healing when there are heavy armor users who can heal and get a lot more mitigation abilities then we do.