DPS and Energy Management

Arstechnica

When compared to my Sin Deception, my concealment op is prone to energy depletion if not monitored. In my Operative's rotation I am not using grenades or power shot; just Collateral, TA generating abilities and both Acid specials. If I run my rotation straight using the above abilities - eventually my energy gets to 0.

Now on my Sin Deception, I can run its rotation with 0 aband, I will never run out of force, ever. Both classes specced for DPS, similar alacrity, why is one class penalized more on resources?

One might say it's because operatives can heal?!?! Well my Sin is a tank and takes less damage.

I do find it frustrating, because Scrapper seems like an easier class to play (Back Blast and Blood Boiler on CD [proc the latter with Vital Shot every other time], maximise Sucker Punch usage with Bludgeon, fill with Shank Shot). But if you do one thing wrong or fall off that rotation once, it's real easy to just completely drain your energy. Even post-nerf with the on-CD Sanguinary Shot now costing energy, I only ever have problems with Ruffian if I do a lot of target-switching or get stupid with too-frequent DoT reapplication.

Not asking for energy management to be non-existent, but falling off your rotation for 1-2 GCDs shouldn't drain all your energy :rak_04:

Well, Ops do have that energy probe. I don't think the Sin Deception has an ability to gain more force, but obviously they don't even need to monitor it.

Sins do get a force regen buff when they stealth out, but Op gets a similar thing with the stim probe.

But I don't see an issue for the Op, really. It's like complaining that juggs and maras can run out of rage. Just throw a basic attack in there once in a while and it'll work out.

Sins do get a force regen buff when they stealth out, but Op gets a similar thing with the stim probe.

But I don't see an issue for the Op, really. It's like complaining that juggs and maras can run out of rage. Just throw a basic attack in there once in a while and it'll work out.

I guess you are totally forgot about force regen after Maul.

That's the key - not stealth.

If ops could get something similar - it would be great.

Like energy regen after Backstab for example.

You can't read.