5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

EricMusco

PLEASE MAKE THE CROP DECORATIONS LARGE HOOKS, NOT CENTREPIECE HOOKS. CENTREPIECE HOOKS MAKE THEM WORTHLESS.

This has been an undoing issue with decorations since their inception. PLEASE don't waste these otherwise awesome decorations by making them unusable.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to rehash all of the feedback on the actual dailies themselves, it's all been covered by people before me. A few other things I've noted that haven't been brought up yet:

Dantooine dailies & heroics, Balmorra and Taris heroics are currently flagged as indefinatly repeatable at 400 cq points each, where as the Ziost missions are flagged as once per day, per legacy.

I didn't notice that, but I suspect it's because Ziost missions aren't "heroics" but rather daily missions.

Edited by Darev

I didn't notice that, but I suspect it's because Ziost missions aren't "heroics" but rather daily missions.

On the live servers if it's a planetary heroic, it's once per day per legacy at 400 CQ points and the weekly areas have the spammable missions at a smaller reward, 120 CQ points. Looks, to me at least, that the repeatable parts have been misflagged.

On the live servers if it's a planetary heroic, it's once per day per legacy at 400 CQ points and the weekly areas have the spammable missions at a smaller reward, 120 CQ points. Looks, to me at least, that the repeatable parts have been misflagged.

Remember this is not a daily area, it is a event item, such as Gree Rakghoul and the Bounty Hunter event which means that it will not be there all the time, it will be on a rotation with the others so those are not like the normal dailies.

Specifically continuing the conquest portion of this:

I've only logged on twice and I looked at the conquest objectives each time.

The event Dantooine missions were infinite.

The heroic missions for Balmorra/Taris are infinite.

Now, I hope this is an intended change for ALL invasion weeks with their respective planetary heroics, but since PTS has an "event" conquest week, it might not be.

I'd even go one step further and have the planetary weeklies (black hole / section x / cz198 / etc) count for conquest each week, on an infinite setting. You can still only do them once per toon, but it will let people have more options when they take alts through conquest.

If the above heroics change is both intended and changed for ALL planetary heroics / conquest weeks, there's really no reason NOT to take that extra step.

First of all:

Dantooine is very well done, the area is huge (lot bigger than Rakghoul-tunnels or the Gree-area, i'm impressed.

I tried the dailies and heroics, unfortunately there are no names or heroic-questnames nore their descriptions (i play the german language) and no npc has a name or description.

So i can't see which mission how to do, that's really bad :(

One of the unnamed missions seems to be impossible to do, at the pointed place there is nothing to click/to do.

On the other hand: well done and it is normal hat there are some glitches and fouts - it's for testing!

Played with my commando, 258 full and lvl-50-companion.

Greetings

Markus

Edited by TSCYoda

So I played some after the update today. It looks like Yarvok's Gratitude is available for purchase on the Reputation Vendors for your legacy once you've unlocked the achievement (for 1 credit). Seems sort of weird that you can't just claim it from the achievements window like other ones though. I'm not sure I'd think to look there.

New reputation items include a companion which is neat, that'll definitely get me to do it at least. Also I noticed on the Imperial vendor the Dantooine farmer gear chestpiece actually looks like the Nova Blade chestpiece. I think that's a mistake since on Republic side it's different.

The explosives work now for Dantooine Restabilization. Wreckage Inspection still has voice over every time you loot medical supplies. The patch notes say A Friend Among Enemies added an instance to Konnari, but the instance doesn't work at all for me. I can see the green instance indicator but when I zone in I can't get past the doorway and there is no mob inside. Broadside Barrage does seem to work better now. Also this is a minor thing and it isn't new with this particular update but for the bonus mission "Defeat Imperial Forces" Imperial Snipers and Pillagers don't count for it.

They added stealth detectors to all the heroics so you can't just stealth past mobs anymore. However it's still easy to get by on Reactor Ransom and Beware of Hugo. You just run straight to where the gate/elevator is then vanish and then you can click to get through. I was still able to solo Hugo as a 237 gear rating Shadow with a rank 9 healer companion, so I think he's still a bit too easy. Not that I mind. Also it said I got credit for "Hungry, Hungry Hugo" but I'm pretty sure he was chowing down on hostages.

I was not able to solo Yarvok on my Shadow, but I was able to on my 248ish operative healer with a rank 50 DPS companion. I don't understand the power conduit stuff at all. When I tried it on my Shadow I did "break" some I guess and there was a moment where I could repair them, and when I did Yarvok said something. I have no idea what it did though. And I wasn't able to make it happen on my Operative at all. I don't know if it's because my companion had aggro most of the time or what but even though I was breaking them I never saw an opportunity to repair anything. So if anyone knows how this works please let me know. Yarvok seemed to behave weirdly when he was in his shielded mode as well. Sometimes he'd just stand there doing nothing for a bit. I don't know if that's supposed to be the case, but I think it made the fight easier than it probably should have been.

The Heroic 2 walker boss is still bad. Still casts the shield too often and does zero damage to my companion.

Edited by kukumburr

Empire, level 70, deception assassin

Empire/70

There is no way you can solo Heroics. :( It's kind of OK for H4 but not for H2 ?

And the main point is rewards ! If those half-destroyed stone fences and local baobab trees are everything the reputation vendor can offer, then why bother ? :confused:

Nto sure how you could not solo that heroic 2, but ok ... Heroics used to be hard, but then players complained that they could not do solos tuff. The name of the mission even says it heroic+2, and this is a mmo not a solo game.

I really like the achievement that gives you the Yarvok's Gratitude item even if 150mil is a little bit expensive for most players. The only problem I see is that the animation (the yellow glow) from that item is way too similar to the Jedi Shadow ability Resilience. In normal play this wouldn't be any problem but in PvP it is crucial to see by the animation if the enemy is using this ability or not. So please make this item not useable in PvP or remove the long yellow glow from the animatioin. Otherwise players will spam this item in PvP (espacially Shadows) to make it look like they are immune to Force/Tech attacks and stuns all the time.

So I don't know how to set a spoiler thing, so if anyone here care about spoilers then just skip my post.

I'm not sure if these armor sets for the Incursion reputation are set up on the PTS are place holders, if not then I'm 90% sure that these looks already exist in the game and I would not need to spend the time or effort in order to get these sets. So Super disappointing on that end. Excited about the decorations, they look really good and would love to start toying with the placements of them in my Sh. The Contract that gives a companion is super cool as a concept and I might even go for it. The mounts are pretty neat though. Still not sure how I feel about the Yarvok's Gratitude at the fact that it would essentially cost 150 mil and 1 credit. My final little blurb is the fact that the imp base is in the crystal cave. The IMP base... like the first thing the Jedi and Republic would check would be the cave, I can't imagine that they would be able to stay hidden and survive there for long at all. Just kind of super disappointed with this choice on what to do with the crystal cave. I would have rather kept it as just a random cave to be honest rather then have the crystals there. Don't get me wrong I want a crystal cave, but for the Imps to have control of it doesn't make much if any sense to me. With that just as a last note super disappointed we can't access the enclave or the ancient Rakata ruins with the star map. My hope at this point in that regard is that we get it as a Stronghold, but given what was released today I'm not banking on it. Before people freak out at me this is just my opinion.

Side note this spoiler button whatever it is, that is supposed to wrap around the dialogue doesn't work atleast for me, but I could be doing it wrong

Play-through after PTS update (Empire Sith, Sith Inq (lightning))

ISSUES

1 & 2: The Daily: Patrol Dantooine 6/6 CANNOT be completed

This is because the mission Daily: Dantooinian Destabilization is broken. Part 1 of this mission (scanning turbines) is fine, part 2: Sabotage Wind Turbines cannot be completed as there is no way to sabotage the turbines - it has been removed with the patch (previously iirc there was a clickable item that sits just in front of the turbine - this is not longer clickable). This needs an urgent fix before it goes live please (or you'll have to put up with me linking this post in my signature for weeks on end :p ).

3: Heroic 2+ "Shiny New Toy" is still a bit disastrous

The large groups still have the capability to overwhelm the player and their companion, especially the first group which you have to kill in order to get to Nash "Rage" Cloven. As before the update I had to use all my "Oh ****" abilities at this group including my legacy ones which many players won't have. Moving the Kolto station from the platform to near this group may help solo players.

This heroic's boss is still a major pain in the arse because the three key abilities in this fight are terrible.

a) missile ability for player's use - this takes far too long to loot still. While you are looting it, the boss can and for some players will kill you. This is because

b) Boss ability "shock and awe" starts damaging you the second the boss starts to cast it. I could not interrupt it either and even so, you need to save your interrupts for...

c) Boss shield ability this has got stronger since the update. Really? Why would you do this? The fight is already annoying, why make it more so?

Also, the missile icon disappears after use now, so you have to loot another to see the cooldown (which is still 30 seconds). Who decided that?

If you're not going to sort this one out, this heroic should be reclassified as H4 as the tactic will be slightly easier in a 4 man group (or 2 man plus 2 companions).

I imagine most people will avoid this heroic because it's so irritating and focus on the other two, even though it will take longer to do the weekly.

4) These evading mobs are still evading

I wouldn't be so bothered but they are on/at a quest item at this location

5) Operation Starvation:

Text missing on selection (screenshot) - I reported this here but it has not been fixed.

6) Heroic 4+ Beware of Hugo - what the what?

Hugo has been buffed. Boo! He is much harder than the first time I did this and that's probably why. Still doable with you and your companion but requires a lot of companion micromanagement. Use a ranged healer (tried with melee healer just to see the difference and died). I had to battle res my range healer companion though as he took all the aggro off me which did not happen before the update.

POSITIVES

Graphics - still excellent

Rep Items - I've been waiting ages for another Kath Hound mount - I think they have the best running animation of the creature mounts :). Good to see a new companion. Farm fences and melon plants will feature quite frequently in my new stronghold (we need that Dantooine Stronghold that was asked about).

Music Much more noticeable this time - I really like it

Question

One question about rep item "Yarvok's Gratitude":

I really like the achievement that gives you the Yarvok's Gratitude item even if 150mil is a little bit expensive for most players. The only problem I see is that the animation (the yellow glow) from that item is way too similar to the Jedi Shadow ability Resilience. In normal play this wouldn't be any problem but in PvP it is crucial to see by the animation if the enemy is using this ability or not. So please make this item not useable in PvP or remove the long yellow glow from the animatioin. Otherwise players will spam this item in PvP (espacially Shadows) to make it look like they are immune to Force/Tech attacks and stuns all the time.

How do you know all this? I cannot preview this item, nor can I find any info on what it actually does. Can you link where you found that?

Edited by Sarova

So I took the time to get the <The Golden Dream> achievement, which you unlock when you pay the ransom for that H4. I documented it in a Twitter Thread for anyone who might want details -

I can't help but find some amusement in spending 150 million credits to get an item that makes you literally glow gold. My only real criticism is that it only lasts 30 seconds. (And it's bugged so it actually doesn't show you how long it lasts, I had to manually time it). If I can find 3 people to make a golden pact (haha) to split the cost of getting this then I might actually do it on live for ***** and giggles.

(But for real, which dev came up with this?! I have my suspicions but... :p:D)

Anyway other feedback...

The Imp Base has a functional Quick Travel point! Yay!

Unfortunately, the Imperial Daily 'Dantooine Destabilisation' at the 'Sabotage Wind Turbines' stage is now bugged. There are no panels on the turbines to click on to sabotage them. They disappeared meaning Imperials can no longer carry out our directive on the planet. :(

Also, there's that whole area in the 'Beneath Suspicion' (Mouse Droid) Daily that seemingly serves no purpose and it's driving me mad... :( But it's funny darting around in the water at the bottom and not dying (circuits not frying) I guess...

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Marauder Maneuvers didn't give me any voice over when I picked up the communicators now. Can't it just say it once? Like after you pick up the last one or something?

Like others have said Dantooinian Destabilization is broken now. You can't sabotage the wind turbines.

I spent some more time fighting Yarvok and I'm guessing what is supposed to happen is you get the repairable power conduits after all of them get broken. But that doesn't always happen. When I fought him on my Shadow I got the option to repair after only breaking 2 of them. And then on my Operative it worked one time, but then when I did it again I never got the option to repair them even long after they had all been broken. I don't know if that had something to do with my companion dying, although he died the one time it worked as well. He did have aggro the time it broke though. So I just sat there and slowly whittled him down. Also the conduit that is in the northwest corner has a tendency to get the player/companion stuck when they get teleported to it when it breaks. That's how my companion died, he just got stuck inside it. I've also been trapped there a couple times but I can holotraverse out. There's also something weird about his timing with the ability he uses while bunkered. He casts it then just sits there doing nothing for several seconds.

So I saw on Xam Xam twitter, she complete the Golden dream and received Yarvok's Gratitude, but she said the special effect, Yarvok's Gratitude does only last 30 seconds. on Yarvok's Gratitude item you receive could you change the buff and special effect to last 30 minutes or 10 minutes and be able to turn it off instead of 30 seconds, it is 150,000,000 to get the achievement to be able to receive Yarvok's Gratitude item after all. Also Thank you Xam Xam for doing this achievement and providing this information Edited by commanderwar

One question about rep item "Yarvok's Gratitude":

How do you know all this? I cannot preview this item, nor can I find any info on what it actually does. Can you link where you found that?

I simply completed the achievement and got the item xD

When you click on it credit-symbols come out of you and you start to glow yellow for about 20 sec just like when using Resiliance. Thats it.

Here is a picture to better comepare the item to the Shadow ability.

https://imgur.com/a/ws2CNjW

I dont think it should stay like this if this item can be used in PvP. Its way to similar.

Edited by LEBU

I simply completed the achievement and got the item xD

When you click on it credit-symbols come out of you and you start to glow yellow for about 20 sec just like when using Resiliance. Thats it.

Here is a picture to better comepare the item to the Shadow ability.

https://imgur.com/a/ws2CNjW

I dont think it should stay like this if this item can be used in PvP. Its way to similar.

Ah, I've only been to the PTS a couple of times so haven't done the heroic enough times to hit the achievement yet.

I agree with other's feedback on the item though - the effect should last 30 minutes rather than 30 seconds and be disabled in PvP for the potential confusion problem.

---

Are the DEVs on strike? They don't seem to have read any of our PTS feedback since the update and not being able to complete the daily due to one quest being broken is a problem. They also haven't updated the log in screen - mine's still telling me about maintenance which happened on the 2nd :rolleyes:

So I took the time to get the <The Golden Dream> achievement, which you unlock when you pay the ransom for that H4. I documented it in a Twitter Thread for anyone who might want details -

I can't help but find some amusement in spending 150 million credits to get an item that makes you literally glow gold. My only real criticism is that it only lasts 30 seconds. (And it's bugged so it actually doesn't show you how long it lasts, I had to manually time it). If I can find 3 people to make a golden pact (haha) to split the cost of getting this then I might actually do it on live for ***** and giggles.

(But for real, which dev came up with this?! I have my suspicions but... :p:D)

I think it sounds cool. I may never buy it for 150 mill, but at least it's not a CM item.

I did the Heroic 4s some more and recorded them. Hugo seems to work okay as far as I can tell, although he only leapt on a hostage once and I was able to heal it. Not sure if there's supposed to be more to that mechanic. I think he maybe needs a health buff or something though. I solo'd him as a level 70 258 geared operative healer with an influence 50 ranged dps companion. My companion was pretty much the only one doing damage while I sat and healed and he still died pretty quickly. Here's video of that one: https://youtu.be/bkIp8AuC9uk.

Yarvok I did a few times. The trash inside seems to despawn after a day or something. I had attempted to kill Yarvok yesterday but died and then logged off. Today when I zoned back in all the trash was gone and I could go straight to Yarvok. I definitely did not kill them yesterday. Not sure if that's intentional. Also when you first open the door and the mobs start to run in, a stealth class can still stealth past all the mobs if they just run past the first pack while they're still coming in. It won't trigger the stealth detection at that point. But that's pretty minor since you can just suicide run to the door anyways.

I solo'd Yarvok on my operative healer here: https://youtu.be/_VdK_krkZjk. This had a lot of problems though. Once again the repairable conduits never happened, even after they had all been blown up. Also my companion got stuck in the northwest conduit (

) and I couldn't heal or res him. So he died. And then I got stuck in the northeast conduit (
) but holotraversed out. And then the fight went on forever since the conduits never reset and he's easy if you just LoS Salt n' Pepper around the middle pillar thing. I basically just killed him with a DoT and reflect.

Yarvok on my guardian dps (in 258 gear): https://youtu.be/GlKBOBdbaFw. Conduits never reset again. I did get stuck in the northwest conduit (

) but guardian leaped to my companion.

Yarvok on my shadow dps (237 gear) where I died to the conduit overload: https://youtu.be/YipZn5QKu8s. Four of the conduits get broken. The north one never gets broken. It goes into the overload thing (

) where you can repair conduits. I repair one but don't make it in time to a second one and die.

Yarvok on my other shadow dps (250 gear) where conduit overload happens but I don't die: https://youtu.be/2ddJ4y2bIPQ. I get stuck in the northeast conduit (

) but shadow stride to the boss. And then on the next bomb thing that breaks a conduit, it blows me up into the air a bit instead of sending me to a conduit (
). Although it looks like the north one still turns off. And then after the last one breaks it goes into the overload (
). I reset two of them and that seems like it stops the automatic death? And then I realized you can still click them for a bit, so I clicked a third. But then after that I never got sent to another conduit and the fight just lasted until I killed him.

So I'm guessing the overload is somewhat of an enrage timer maybe? Otherwise you can just slowly whittle him down by LoSing his spray AoE and just hitting him when he's bunkered since that attack seems like it does less damage. Either way I don't think it's working right. And you need to make it so people don't get stuck in the conduits.

Yarvok

I did the Yarvok H$ fight on my 256 Sith Inq (lightning) with 50 influence Theron companion instead of paying the ransom this time. The groups of mobs leading up to the boss once again were my undoing and I died at one group. My companion died on the third group purely because micro managing him started to get on my nerves so I let him die in the red floor circles and finished off the group alone using my heal spells.

The Yarvok fight is long rather than hard. I'm not sure what the conduits are supposed to do, but I did panic-repair the first one so didn't get the bonus. When this goes live I will attempt it for the achievement, however all other times I will be paying the ransom on my main. I might group for alts if I cba to do the area on them.

Rep Items

On second look, the armour sets are a bit meh. I'd have like to have seen this set which is what the elite mob lieutenants in Yarvok's area are wearing:

https://imgur.com/a/LNt1EY5

https://imgur.com/a/UEbLSLF

(screenshots are a bit rubbish but you get the idea of the armour).

I personally find the H2 a bit harder than I feel it should be. Granted, I'm only a casual player so I don't spend a lot of time looking up all the tricks and methods to do various things, so I'll own that.

No way to interact with the turbines, making it impossible to get the daily mission goal. If the heroics are going to be at the level they are then you really need to fix that daily bug. Casual and solo players will be depending on it to get the currency.

In the mission "New Tricks" nothing happens when I interact with the barrels. So that's another mission that can't be completed.

The dailies from yesterday did not reappear on the missions board, so I'm literally stuck at 1 mission from completing the daily. I'd really like to purchase and test some of the new decos but they all require at least 3 rep currency, which is literally impossible for me to get at this point. It would be nice if the need for the rep currency was removed on the PTS so that players could test all the decos, gear, etc to see that it works properly. This is particularly important since the ability to gain the currency through daily non-heroics is broken.

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying badly, to actually log into the game...

It just keeps telling me, either im in a queue, then it tells me, "my characters are unavailable due to maintenance".........

***?!? Im a subscriber, and have been, all the time ive been playing, got the founders medal and all, and I cant log in?!?

Could you please, fix your freaking servers, so at least the subs can actually play the game, they pay to play?

Could you please, fix your freaking servers, so at least the subs can actually play the game, they pay to play?

That doesn't make you super important, buddy. It doesn't make any of us that have been subbed since launch more important. They can't fix it only part way. It's either fixed, or it's broken. They can only go at the pace technology allows. And technology doesn't care who pays and who doesn't. When it breaks, it breaks.

That doesn't make you super important, buddy. It doesn't make any of us that have been subbed since launch more important. They can't fix it only part way. It's either fixed, or it's broken. They can only go at the pace technology allows. And technology doesn't care who pays and who doesn't. When it breaks, it breaks.

Yeah, I get it.. Im just madly dissapointed. :(

Im not even going to dantooine, im going to Nar Shaddaa, with my cousin...

Beeing in a queue, where it tells me, I have the highest login priority, but then the queue just gets bigger and bigger.. I started at 97, now im at 242

Yeah, I get it.. Im just madly dissapointed. :(

Im not even going to dantooine, im going to Nar Shaddaa, with my cousin...

Beeing in a queue, where it tells me, I have the highest login priority, but then the queue just gets bigger and bigger.. I started at 97, now im at 242

:d_cool: That's going to happen b/c they're working on it.

Hey wait a minuet... I just realized this is the PTS thread. You're posting in the wrong place. You want to be viewing this thread and posting there.:D