Artifice Rakata Relics

Darth_Rathus

I've crafted a dozen Boundless Ages & Forbidden Secrets relics so far. Not one of these 24 attempts has yielded an augment slot.

None of my companions have Artifice critical (I'm a Juggernaut).

All of my companions have max affection, and I've rotated my attempts with them.

Am I doing something wrong, or do the RNG gods just hate me?

Edited by Darth_Rathus

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke, I am on relic number 24 with no augment. If it was something that wasn't so expensive I wouldn't have such an issue, but damn. I Have used every mat I had, spent 2 million creds on mats, and still nothing. I want to break something... Things like this make me want to send this game back to bioware with a terd in it...

What a joke, I am on relic number 24 with no augment. If it was something that wasn't so expensive I wouldn't have such an issue, but damn. I Have used every mat I had, spent 2 million creds on mats, and still nothing. I want to break something... Things like this make me want to send this game back to bioware with a terd in it...

Oh it's a joke, alright... a sick #%^*ing joke.

I'm on relic augment attempt #50, and STILL don't have one.

NONE of the Juggernaut's companions have +artifice critical.

I've wasted almost 8 MILLION credits crafting these for my main, to no avail.

I even submitted a bug report, and received the bull#%^* response "working as intended".

Yea Bioware, crafting is REALLY #%^*ing fun !!!

Edited by Darth_Rathus

OFC this work and it's only a luck, after my job I will post here a screen with augument. I'm Inquisitor and when I craft my "rare" items I only use Khem Val, ofc that will not helps but I crit with 1st craft.

OFC this work and it's only a luck, after my job I will post here a screen with augument. I'm Inquisitor and when I craft my "rare" items I only use Khem Val, ofc that will not helps but I crit with 1st craft.

I'm not questioning their existence, because I've seen people with them ingame.

I question if it's a bug that prevents Sith Juggernauts with Artifice to get a critical craft on the Artifice Rakata relics!

I'm not questioning their existence, because I've seen people with them ingame.

I question if it's a bug that prevents Sith Juggernauts with Artifice to get a critical craft on the Artifice Rakata relics!

That seems like a very specific bug. I am 100% positive that you can do it, as I have done it myself on a Jugg. You just sadly are unlucky.

Besides, in all honesty, just go grind dailies to get the new relics they offer for 200 comms. They are better in stats than the crafted w/ augment usually. I think mine is like +92 Endurance or something with a % proc on it. Even with my augmented relic, it doesn't real 92 of the stat.

That seems like a very specific bug. I am 100% positive that you can do it, as I have done it myself on a Jugg. You just sadly are unlucky.

Besides, in all honesty, just go grind dailies to get the new relics they offer for 200 comms. They are better in stats than the crafted w/ augment usually. I think mine is like +92 Endurance or something with a % proc on it. Even with my augmented relic, it doesn't real 92 of the stat.

Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (from Artifice) = 77 endurance

Campaign Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (daily comms) = 84 endurance

Rakata Relic of Boundless Ages (from Artifice) with Might Augment = 18 strength 89 endurance

Not only are the permanent stats better, it's also the principle of the matter.

Edited by Darth_Rathus

I have only been able to crit craft 1 relic. I have tried to crit another at least 25 times. And I have failed. I even emailed BW and asked them if it's possible since 1.2 and they have yet to answer me. I'm beginning to think it's not possible.

I've got a similar problem with biochem and crafting implants (As a sage)... Ridiculously low crit rate... :( To add insult to injury, the bloody legacy unlocked droid on my ship doesn't sell any augments with bonuses to this. 1mil credits down the drain...

Juggernaut here

I've critical crafted Relic, Lightsabre, bracers, belt, body, gloves, boots - almost all of this in several tries(almost in 1-3 tries per item)

I've sent to craft Vette, since she has 10000 affection and also romatic intention(wife), also my other companions with 10000 affection do critical crafts as well

Juggernaut here

I've critical crafted Relic, Lightsabre, bracers, belt, body, gloves, boots - almost all of this in several tries(almost in 1-3 tries per item)

I've sent to craft Vette, since she has 10000 affection and also romatic intention(wife), also my other companions with 10000 affection do critical crafts as well

Did you craft the relic AFTER 1.2?

I attempted 71 and 72 today. Still no *********** augment slot. WAI, BW?

Juggernaut here as well. I critted braces before 1.2 I can't seem to crit the belt after the 1.2 update. I think it's broken. I filed a ticket and they gave a generic response and closed it. I am going to keep filing until they acknowledge a bug.

If this is indeed a bug, I suspect it only affects Rakata, or Purple, or Yellow difficulty.

Critting orange gear is not a problem, the crit chance appears to be right in the 20-25% range.

Critting Rakata, for me - definitely broken.

Forgive me if I'm making false assumptions...

However, it seems to me that people think that there is always a 20% chance of a critical?

(and again, I'm not sure, so feel free to correct me in this assumption)

From what I've seen, at least on schematics, there's a 20% base chance of critting on RE from green to blue, and a 10% chance of critting on blue to purple. Is there perhaps then only a 5% chance of critting on things once they get into the purple or rakata gear range???

...I haven't investigated this to thoroughly, so if any of you have links to resources that specifically state what the crit probs are, please post them. I'd be interested to see them.

I just got contacted by cs and got told that IT IS possible to acquire augmented relics but they may not reveal how. Some people said that they have tried 70 times and nothing.

So I started thinking if there is actually something that might be needed to get augmented relic. The only known way to get them is crafting but I am really confused now.

Look at my last post in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=433602

I got that information from this thread on another site:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Crew-Skills-Compendium?page=18

Thanks!

I will now have to study that thread a bit to digest the data, and of course, being an "Excel Jedi", I just can't resist making some attempts at modeling it a bit, if possible...

I'm still rather skeptical of declaring the crit probs in the game to be broken, but at least now I have something to look at in a little more detail.

My first 3 toons, Assassin, Juggernaut and Powertech all have crit relics, crit belt and crit bracers.

My new assassin (I know, I'm crazy) has burned through 130 biometric alloys and 1040 corusca gems trying to crit his first relic.

I have 3 friends that have been non stop crafting the new campaign relics trying to get a crit and over 30 crafted so far without a crit.

I really do agree that 1.2 has broken something and I've stopped attempting to craft these until we get an official response.

My guess is we will just randomly see something in some patch notes that said fixed an issue that was preventing relics from critting.