Speculation: will KoTFE be a complete Revamp?

CKNORTH

I haven't read all that will happen from any sources on the new expac ( I like surprises!) but gathering what I have read in the forums it seems like this expac will be a complete overhaul? In all honesty I hope it is, a lot of people don't like drastic change However I think if they are going to bite the bullet and put this game in the "Next Gen" compatibility mode. Please Bioware/EA for all its worth make the new content and gameplay "Epic!" Anyone have any thoughts?

I think it is a way for them to "restart" this game while keeping the old playerbase and attract new players. They update every ops and FP (except two to my knowledge) to level 65 and makes a new story that will start a new era in this game.

It will surely attract many that becomes interested with the game because of the movies and those that are new have the option to start with the new story instantly without having to go through previous levels.

I think this is a good thing

Edited by Icestar

I haven't read all that will happen from any sources on the new expac ( I like surprises!) but gathering what I have read in the forums it seems like this expac will be a complete overhaul? In all honesty I hope it is, a lot of people don't like drastic change However I think if they are going to bite the bullet and put this game in the "Next Gen" compatibility mode. Please Bioware/EA for all its worth make the new content and gameplay "Epic!" Anyone have any thoughts?

<60 will probably stay mostly the same, may get some changes to leveling for things like side quests but mostly why delete/remove stuff thats already done.

>60 moves back into more of a subscription model where you get the updates for free if sub so people can play <50 for free, play 50-60 if they buy the updates, play >60 if they sub.

classes wont change, class story wont change so not quite sure what you are going to call an overhaul?

I expect not much more than some changes to the companion system (which may include changes to crafting and affection), possible changes to how the base stories play (more XP / better gear rewards / less travel), and the rescaling of old group content.

I don't expect massive changes or overhauls to existing game areas, to the actual existing stories themselves, any kind of major update to the game engine or client, or any major class / combat changes (other than a new ability and some balancing tweaks).

Edited by DawnAskham

I expect not much more than some changes to the companion system (which may include changes to crafting and affection), possible changes to how the base stories play (more XP / better gear rewards / less travel), and the rescaling of old group content.

I don't expect massive changes or overhauls to existing game areas, to the actual existing stories themselves, any kind of major update to the game engine or client, or any major class / combat changes (other than a new ability and some balancing tweaks).

Pretty much this. Don't expect a huge overhaul. You will be disappointed. The new content is, obviously, what breathes life into the xpac. The rest, the streamlining of leveling content, the new fps scaling and HMs, etc. will not be rebuilt just tweaked. The only thing that will be new in terms of what was there before is crafting missions and the way bonuses work without specific companions. Hardly and overhaul though.

Edited by Rafaman

I think it is a way for them to "restart" this game while keeping the old playerbase and attract new players. They update every ops and FP (except two to my knowledge) to level 65 and makes a new story that will start a new era in this game.

It will surely attract many that becomes interested with the game because of the movies and those that are new have the option to start with the new story instantly without having to go through previous levels.

I think this is a good thing

this is what I was thinking, thanks for the input!

i have always found that speculating on interpretations on very limited information can cause a lot of issues when the facts become known.

for instance: how many were excited about getting their own ships and started coming up with names for them? only to find out that we wouldnt be naming our ships nor would we be able to choose our own ships. oh, and the threads about how many were going to be traditional and use a single saber instead of dual wielding or staff...only to find out that the only choice you had was over which Jedi class you would pick thereby choosing the saber at the same time.

(i will say, though, that the introduction adaptive armor has helped folks determine looks, but you still miss out on some skills you wish you had).

with that being said, I think there will be some changes to companions, crafting, and the overall game in general; but i dont see a complete revamp happening. however, i could be proven wrong. either way I am here to stay for the duration as I have finally found what it was i have been searching for since i started playing the game. it wont matter (i hope) on the changes they make, but i will adapt to whatever they introduce.

(dont crucify me too much...i wrote this over the course of three phone calls and nine emails...it may be disjointed a bit).

i have always found that speculating on interpretations on very limited information can cause a lot of issues when the facts become known.

for instance: how many were excited about getting their own ships and started coming up with names for them? only to find out that we wouldnt be naming our ships nor would we be able to choose our own ships. oh, and the threads about how many were going to be traditional and use a single saber instead of dual wielding or staff...only to find out that the only choice you had was over which Jedi class you would pick thereby choosing the saber at the same time.

(i will say, though, that the introduction adaptive armor has helped folks determine looks, but you still miss out on some skills you wish you had).

with that being said, I think there will be some changes to companions, crafting, and the overall game in general; but i dont see a complete revamp happening. however, i could be proven wrong. either way I am here to stay for the duration as I have finally found what it was i have been searching for since i started playing the game. it wont matter (i hope) on the changes they make, but i will adapt to whatever they introduce.

(dont crucify me too much...i wrote this over the course of three phone calls and nine emails...it may be disjointed a bit).

well for me the most fun I have is running, Ilum. Belsavis (not section x) and Blackhole Dailys, the old level 50 ones. I find them very relaxing and I like to stomp the heroics in my prototype 178's Lol. Kind of a Niche for me first Dailys I learned in this game and it's a lot of nostalgia for me. Anyhow everyone enjoys different aspects. I have yet to get a character i want to "keep" to lvl 60 I really hope those Dailys don't poof if I get a boosted level 60 character heh. What I really want to do is Twitch stream those Dailys, just getting into the twitch game aspects finally. But as in revamp I was also thinking PC wise and I do plan to find a new rig later next year so my thinking is the windows 10 and a actual gaming PC and how comparability will be, do they intend to streamline the graphics as well, maybe not so resource heavy? But that was what I was thinking of..