Why I MMO

Juniormonk

The latest episode of

is up! This week we are getting a little poetic. Maybe it's the end of the year making me feel all nostalgic. Cheers

Why I MMO

I've seen many civilizations rise and fall.

Different theologies. Enemies become friends. Family become hated rivals.

Guilds coming together to achieve great feats of strength and fall apart as time moves on.

I've journeyed for many years. I've fought with the bravest. I've cried with the weak. I've walked with the righteous and I've drank with the dark side.

The world of MMOs is as social experiment.

Let's see what happens when the people govern the game. A system where people need each other to progress in their own circles. I've seen what we the people can create. I've seen what we can destroy. I've seen friendships break the fourth wall.

Advice given through the glass tube in front of us. A world within a world. for us

I MMO so that my talents can be shared across the universe. my voice can be heard and my healing can be given.

I MMO because I cannot fly on my own. I cannot resurrect the dead. I cannot tame a dragon.

Yet I do these miraculous things on a daily basis.

My foe knows my name in each world I set foot in. my allies cherish my title, as sorcerer, priest, guardian, cleric.

I MMO because I can write my own story. I can act out my dreams.

If I wanted to watch the world burn as a villain, I can achieve it. If I wanted to defend my king I bring it to fruition. I can run and not be weary. I can mend wounds as well as I can create them.

I once met a satyr on the side of the road. with the intent to persuade me to poison his enemy. I chose not to help this stranger and later found him as a frog on the side of the pond.

My decisions matter.

I MMO because I am not on the top of the food chain. I can be eaten. I can be enslaved. I can be lost.

Time moves on regardless of where I stand. I will always level up. I will always train my skills. I will always progress.

I MMO because there are others that will help me become free:

Raids

Warzones

Operations

Flash points

Instances

Battlegrounds

THIS IS WHY I MMO:

The thrill of the hunt. The sport of the kill. Keeping my comrade alive and well on the battlefield. Yah. That's why I MMO.

The line between right and wrong diminishes. why are we really at war? I've been in a realm where enemies could not understand each other's common language. Pleads for mercy muffled in the accents of the horde. Battle cries sending chills down our back. Yet in other galaxies enemies and foes that spoke the same tongue. Even then the question was never answered, why are we at war

Well its simple my friend. We fight for fun. We fight for competition. we fight because we can.

So who is Juniormonk?

I am a student. A learner of many things. I am a traveler, an explorer, a lore master. I listen. as others around me come and go. I watch. I yearn for defeat. for it brings new lessons. Proper rotation of spells. Timing. Movement. Line of sight. The pace at which I fatigue

A junior monk that will one day become a senior. To pass on my legacy

The Monk Legacy.

I've seen many civilizations rise and fall.

Different theologies. Enemies become friends.

Friends breaking the boundaries of the game. Bringing their lives together in the real world.

This is why I MMO. For love.

At the end of the day. when it's all said and done... Well that's just it, it doesn't end. I haven't stopped playing. I've achieved what I needed to for this day.

It's time to rest.

My name is Juniormonk.

And this is why I MMO.