What's the point of being melee in this game with the current state of PvP

Nokecity

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your trolling I know this because jug/guards can keep on a range (all I play is a merc) all the time. Only one on one can i keep jugs off me but if I have three 3 on me? Quick respawn at least

OK well if all you run is a merc then you can't understand why I made this thread

the original post isnt trolling....

- being range in all 3 brackets is easier, more smooth, less stressful, and can make you shine more on the charts.

- people (very) typically target melee, not range, during warzone battles.

- range classes are not vulnerable nukers, they can survive and have a fine defensive system.

- its easier to see everything thats going on in the battle when you are in the back shooting from afar. from a friendly healer that's in trouble, to a new enemy joining the fight, to an enemy target that just lost his defensive cd's (duration ended).

That being said, you can still perform wonderfully with any class melee or range. Why play melee if its easier and more relaxing as a range? Well, its fun being melee. Thats all there is to it really. I like being up close and personal, and to me playing range (sorc/merc/sniper) gets old fast, whereas my melees do not. My sniper is by far my most dominant range dps'er but i literally dont play him anymore ever, because its just, bland for me. Almost too easy.

My above post is about regular warzone pvp, not ranked.

P.S. I can play my range classes in a bean-bag and get into it. If i try that with my melee characters..... - its like mosh pitting at a Goo Goo Dolls concert, its just a no go. Range and melee grant very different experiences/vibes when played in pvp.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

In terms of ranked? The only strong ranged class is a sage. Everything else is melee, so not sure where you're coming from here.

What I'm getting at is everything is so buffed in the game especially rdps. Its not that im saying that in a 1v1 situation can melee out perform ranged or is it balanced that's not what im saying because pvp is team based and when you are melee going against 3-5 sorc/sages then throw in a sniper hell even a merc then it can be quite difficult to perform at your best unless you have a really good pocket healer. But this isn't a QQ just venting that's all.

the original post isnt trolling....

- being range in all 3 brackets is easier, more smooth, less stressful, and can make you shine more on the charts.

- people (very) typically target melee, not range, during warzone battles.

- range classes are not vulnerable nukers, they can survive and have a fine defensive system.

- its easier to see everything thats going on in the battle when you are in the back shooting from afar. from a healer thats in trouble, to a new enemy joining the fight, to an enemy target that just lost his defensive cd's (duration ended).

That being said, you can still perform wonderfully with any class melee or range. Why play melee if its easier and more relaxing as a range? Well, its fun being melee. Thats all there is to it really. I like being up close and personal, and to me playing range (sorc/merc/sniper) gets old fast, whereas my melees do not. My sniper is by far my most dominant range dps'er but i literally dont play him anymore ever, because its just, bland for me. Almost too easy.

This post is about warzone pvp, not ranked.

/agree ... glad you could simplify it for me I don't use the forums much

Your trolling I know this because jug/guards can keep on a range (all I play is a merc) all the time. Only one on one can i keep jugs off me but if I have three 3 on me? Quick respawn at least

Hydraulics? Good Positioning? Stay near other ranged so they pew pew jugs off you? :confused:

Yeah, melee is at such a disadvantage....:rolleyes:

Go do some rankeds with a ranged class (specifically Merc/Sniper) vs. all melee, then get back to this thread, and let us all know how it went.

+1

ps: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Yeah, melee is at such a disadvantage....:rolleyes:

Go do some rankeds with a ranged class (specifically Merc/Sniper) vs. all melee, then get back to this thread, and let us all know how it went.

A shame that these forums don't work like reddit... because then this post would sit at the top :D

+1

To sum up again what im saying is that this game (as far as pvp goes) no longer has a need for skill.

- Sorcs/Sages IMO we always a powered class "IF" you knew how to use them. I have been on 3 servers since the forced transfers and I always seen sorc/sages perform great in WZ's because guys knew what they were doing. Psibre, Satanus, Hype, Darc, Meo ... there are more but I wont name them all.

-Devs have dumb the game down for those who want every class to be easy to play and get in there and just have fun mentality but in reality they took the skill out of the game and now you only have to press 2 buttons to like melt someone . Devs nerfed smash (a no skill spec from the beginning) and created like 6 other variations of it in different AC's.

- Lets not even talk about TTK in this game. 1 stun and you're finished or damn near close to finish. That's all for that.

Im not saying melee is not powered in this game. What im saying is that ranged is at an advantage ( a to wide spread out advantage if there is more than one) *Reason* Game no longer requires skill to be affective in PvP (non-ranked)

To sum up again what im saying is that this game (as far as pvp goes) no longer has a need for skill.

- Sorcs/Sages IMO we always a powered class "IF" you knew how to use them. I have been on 3 servers since the forced transfers and I always seen sorc/sages perform great in WZ's because guys knew what they were doing. Psibre, Satanus, Hype, Darc, Meo ... there are more but I wont name them all.

-Devs have dumb the game down for those who want every class to be easy to play and get in there and just have fun mentality but in reality they took the skill out of the game and now you only have to press 2 buttons to like melt someone . Devs nerfed smash (a no skill spec from the beginning) and created like 6 other variations of it in different AC's.

- Lets not even talk about TTK in this game. 1 stun and you're finished or damn near close to finish. That's all for that.

Im not saying melee is not powered in this game. What im saying is that ranged is at an advantage ( a to wide spread out advantage if there is more than one) *Reason* Game no longer requires skill to be affective in PvP (non-ranked)

I am sorry but you are wrong on many levels. In regs the game is VERY well balanced. I have all classes and I love them all in regs. My most game changing dps classes are actually shadow, jug, and sniper. It appears you are talking dps so I am not mentioning healing. 2 of those are melee. Also, in regs, smash is still great on my mara so there is another strong melee class.

I love my sorc and it is a very strong class but while I can get higher chart numbers on my sorc my sniper is actually more beneficial to the team if it is a close match. Jug can just dominate a match and really might be the best class in the game right now for pvp. Shadow is so great that I don't even know where to start :) .

Ranged are great in regs but so are melee. The issue you might be having is that if you are playing a mara/sent and the match is very ranged heavy then yes you will have a hard time. However, if you are playing a ranged class in a match full of melee they will be all over you and you will likely have a hard time as well.

Also, vguard/ptech is one of the easiest classes to play in the game and it is more melee than ranged since I consider Ion pulse more melee than ranged (closer to melee distance than it is to max ranged distance).

Also, in ranked melee dominate more so than ranged. Sniper can carry hard and other ranged can be very strong but they can't carry like a shadow or jug unless they skank spec though that is a different issue.

There are some balance issues in ranked where a couple classes are very underperforming as dps but they have other specs they can perform well on at least.

Maybe melee just isn't the right play style for you. There is nothing wrong with that. Just play a ranged char you enjoy.

I am sorry but you are wrong on many levels. In regs the game is VERY well balanced. I have all classes and I love them all in regs. My most game changing dps classes are actually shadow, jug, and sniper. It appears you are talking dps so I am not mentioning healing. 2 of those are melee. Also, in regs, smash is still great on my mara so there is another strong melee class.

I love my sorc and it is a very strong class but while I can get higher chart numbers on my sorc my sniper is actually more beneficial to the team if it is a close match. Jug can just dominate a match and really might be the best class in the game right now for pvp. Shadow is so great that I don't even know where to start :) .

Ranged are great in regs but so are melee. The issue you might be having is that if you are playing a mara/sent and the match is very ranged heavy then yes you will have a hard time. However, if you are playing a ranged class in a match full of melee they will be all over you and you will likely have a hard time as well.

Also, vguard/ptech is one of the easiest classes to play in the game and it is more melee than ranged since I consider Ion pulse more melee than ranged (closer to melee distance than it is to max ranged distance).

Also, in ranked melee dominate more so than ranged. Sniper can carry hard and other ranged can be very strong but they can't carry like a shadow or jug unless they skank spec though that is a different issue.

There are some balance issues in ranked where a couple classes are very underperforming as dps but they have other specs they can perform well on at least.

Maybe melee just isn't the right play style for you. There is nothing wrong with that. Just play a ranged char you enjoy.

Thax for the 2 cents and you are right BUT...

1. I have every class in this game leveled to 55 and im a dedicated PvPer so I know what im talking about.

2. My main is a Jugg, Vengeance Jugg from the start and to me the class has always been viable its just it was so much QQ about how the class isn't viable for 8v8 ranked or PvE Ops so the devs buffed the **** out of it. (My point made about no skill required... b4 It did require skill to be effective).

3. This thread isn't about how melee isn't good in this game. *Period*

What advantage? Honestly madness is pretty much the only ranged spec that stands out in this game. Marauder is kinda starting to fall behind from specific nerfs but overall melee has no problem completely shutting down every ranged class in the game. Madness spec is pretty much the only one that stands out. Pyro mercs can sorta do it but nowhere near as well as madness. Snipers are only a thread if you leave them alone and die quite easily if they even get a minor amount of focus on them. Ranged is doing better, but its hardly at an advantage. This game is still heavily focused on melee and melee still easily deals with ranged in this game.

If you don't like playing your meele, don't do it.

Play a ranged class. Oh, you would lose all the advantages your meele class has, thats why you don't, right!?

So everyone that plays one of the archetypes that setup every one of the books, movies and cartoons (and game trailers for this game) is -only- playing it because it's got advantages? Is that the troll logic that they are teaching you? You need to get a refund on whatever you paid for that class.

Edited by Savej

I pvp on my tank Juggernaut all the time, what are you even talking about I don't even... :confused:

Nobody would care about focusing a tank Jugg...that would be retarded...now try playing a sentinel without a healer, in fact, even with one you're often the priority target. Not saying Sentinels are bad, but with teams often being 6-7/8 ranged it can be pretty tough to be a melee.

Hydraulics? Good Positioning? Stay near other ranged so they pew pew jugs off you? :confused:

I do but like I said with 3 or more you have trouble as a merc 1 vs 1 is completely different because if the melee player has less skill then I'm able to survive and kill however I'm dps not healz so if 3 guards/jugs or Mara/sents jump in me well I hope I can gun down the Mara/sent be4 I'm put to grass

. 1 stun and you're finished or damn near close to finish. That's all for that.)

So let me get this straight you say ranged has the advantage how ever assassins/shadows can x2 stun and stealth with a little backstage and break stealth to leave combat heal with stims come back to backstab you and finish you off... Sounds like a pretty good advantage to me so sorry if I think your post has not meaning. Maybe you should try a ranged and look from the inside out?