Old Republic cast

Gorra-Syn

With news that there is going to be an Old Republic era movie, there is a possibility (however unlikely) that we could see some existing characters show up. This game definitely has a TON to choose from. Are there any characters from this game you'd like to see show up in an Old Republic film? (even if just a cameo).. and who would you like to see play that character? For me it would be Darth Baras played by Conleth Hill. Every time I saw him on GOT I thought to myself "someone REALLY needs to make this guy Darth Baras.

Remember that Lucasfilm has said nothing about a KOTOR movie, one way or the other. They haven't even confirmed that they're making a movie that will take place in the Old Republic era at all. Buzzfeed claiming that "three sources close to the project" told them about it means diddly squat at this point. And Kathleen Kennedy saying "Yes, we are developing something to look at. Right now, I have no idea where things might fall." just means that they're discussing the possibilities. Sure, it could happen, but don't bother getting excited until Lucasfilm confirms anything. They might completely ignore Revan and KOTOR for their canon timeline for all we know

Keep in mind, Old Republic means everything prior to and including Darth Bane (so ~1000 BBY)

They are far more likely to do it Bane era rather than SWTOR or KOTOR era (seeing as Bane is already canon)

I have a feeling the characters will all be original creations. No disrespect to Bioware, but why would a film studio spend millions on a film just to use someone else's story? They may use the SWTOR or KOTOR timeline, but not the characters. Im not a Revan fan so Im ok with this.

I have a feeling the characters will all be original creations. No disrespect to Bioware, but why would a film studio spend millions on a film just to use someone else's story? They may use the SWTOR or KOTOR timeline, but not the characters. Im not a Revan fan so Im ok with this.

I suspect you are right in general, however Disney really seems to jump on the nostalgia train at every opportunity so if they are going to put it in the same timeline as fan favourites, they likely would try to work them in in some way.